Author Topic: Bloody Elbow Exclusive: Lyoto Machida Talks Challengers, Title Shot  (Read 634 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Lyoto Machida has become one of the most polarizing figures in MMA today, and somehow, he's done it without opening his mouth.  (Take note, Tito.)  His incredible fighting ability coupled with a defensive style has stymied opponents and unnerved fans alike.  He now takes a moment to address these issues among others in a Bloody Elbow exclusive.  Enjoy the interview; he doesn't give many.

BZ: Did you expect to receive the title shot if Liddell had beaten Evans?

LM: As I keep winning, I will get the title shot.

BZ: But you have to be disappointed, considering you beat Tito Ortiz and Rashad didn't...

LM: Rashad Evans is a great fighter, have you checked out his record lately? He hasn't lost either.  He has fought more in the UFC than I have, maybe that is why they are letting him have a shot at the title. He had a great knockout over Liddell.

BZ: Has the UFC talked to you about a title shot and what you would need to do in order to receive one?

LM: They will give me the opportunity, my time will come soon. I've been prepared for this all my life to become a champion. When the talent meets the opportunity: BOOM, new champion. I have the desire, I have the talent, I put all my efforts into this, the opportunity will come soon and I will be there READY.

BZ: Is there anyone other than Thiago Silva that you would like to face?

LM: I can face anyone. Rampage is a tough guy and some people feel he beat Forrest in their last fight and should be the champion. How do you think the fans would react if I finished Rampage when Forrest did not? But I will fight against anyone. Give me the job and I will get it done. Rampage, Couture, Liddell, Vanderlei, Shogun, I work hard to win and will keep winning. Who thought they would see Tito with his back on the floor? Tito is a Great fighter but when he faced me, Lyoto, you know the ending.

BZ: Tell us a little bit more about your training regimens.

LM: My training is very versatile.  My life is training, I just make some adaptations for each opponent. They need to worry about me. Look at my past, when I finish the fight I go dinner and have some fun and the other fighters go to the hospital.

BZ: What do you say to fans who say your style is boring?

LM: Everyone has their own opinion and I really respect that. I am a martial artist, there is a lot of thought and strategy that goes into the way I fight. Give me time and in the future every one will understand my style.  It is like jiu-jitsu in the beginning (UFC 1, 2, 3...), it was boring but now it is necessary. If you don’t like it, sorry.  I always try to win. For some that is boring, I know, but I am beating the best in the world.  After my fights I do not have nothing on my face, no scratches, no bruises.  I am like a ghost they can not find me. If that is boring, that is their opinion.  But I will be there for long time WINNING.  Let everyone underestimate me. I will always be training ready for the next.

BZ: That's all for now.  Thanks so much, Lyoto.

LM: Thanks for the opportunity to speak with you, thanks for all my American fans and my fans in Brazil. I will make you a promise that I will always give 110% in my fights. Keep watching!