Author Topic: bodybuilding full body rest vs adequate water intake and its effects  (Read 901 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
we as bodybuilders follow certain rules...lots of protein, eat every 2-3hours, drink at least a gallon a day of water, and get around 7-8hours of sleep per night.

now lets say u get a lot of water in every day...like 2 gallons...well of course u will get up to use the bathroom at night.

and i always worry my sleep is being disturbed.

ill be asleep for like 5-6 hours then wake up for the bathroom.
now when i wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night i will feel very tired but i notice my body feels very loose and very relaxed.

so my question is despite missing out on solid sleep...do u think the body truly needs to wake up after 6 hours so nothing bad happens to you and your organs blood circulation and other vitals stay fresh and active?
w

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: bodybuilding full body rest vs adequate water intake and its effects
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:31:25 AM »
you shouldnt worry so much, if you have good genes, you will have good physique, if bad genes, you will have shitty physique.
living like a monk for bodybuilding aint going to change anything about it. it only deprives you from the better things life has to offer.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »
you shouldnt worry so much, if you have good genes, you will have good physique, if bad genes, you will have shitty physique.
living like a monk for bodybuilding aint going to change anything about it. it only deprives you from the better things life has to offer.

QFT. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:59:25 AM »
i'm the same way Gene, i wake up after about 5-6 hrs. to piss and then go back to sleep for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and i feel fine, it's the QUALITY of sleep you get not the QUANTITY, if you're having vivid dreams you're sleeping very well.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
dont drink so much late at night and take a piss before you go to bed. problem solved.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:07:13 AM »
don't be afraid to piss the bed
G

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
don't be afraid to piss the bed

Hardcore. Best of both worlds.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 06:19:41 AM »
I tend to only drink about a gallon of water a day - sometimes slightly less. But I stop drinking water around two hours before I go to bed and my last liquid meal of the night is a whey protein/casein powder mixed with milk. Therefore I get some slow release protein running through my system all night while I'm asleep and less likely to wake up in the night needing a piss.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 08:08:23 AM »
Hey,when you gotta` go,you gotta` go!!

Just piss!