Author Topic: NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O?  (Read 5676 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O?
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »
i would agree but alot of these guys DONT know alot of stuff that SOME of the "guru's" do know... so workign with them will be very beneficial... nw personally i havent seen anything or heard anything or read anything from chad nichols that would make me think he is a good prep guy/guru.... however the smple fact ronnie worked with him does kinda have some clout..    but IMO id go with Milos before chad ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

same here, Milos knows his shit and is somebody you can trust.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure low levels of these hormones affected Dennis a lot..... ::)

lol

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 09:53:16 PM »
Maybe cos milos has walked the walk? Has Chad ever got on stage using himself as a guinea pig?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
I googled Chad Nicholas and I got this picture?  ??? ??? LOL WTF?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 09:56:26 PM »
Maybe cos milos has walked the walk? Has Chad ever got on stage using himself as a guinea pig?
no not rea;;y that but that does has something to do with it (if chad really is sucha genius he should at least be shredded and have a killer body for getting chicks) ..but more so cuz milos seems to know more and i like the way milos thinks bout bodybuilding..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »
" NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O? "

He looked like shit and got owned, thats what happened.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »
I'd be curious to know what medical education Chad Nicholls has. I recall he almost killed Branch. And besides Ronnie who did he actually get to the top? Flex and Nasser were both in their best condition long before they got with Chad.
Team Yates

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 02:52:59 AM »
That's a great cover for a great man and a shitty "magazine".

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »
I googled Chad Nicholas and I got this picture?  ??? ??? LOL WTF?

Nichols

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 03:33:23 AM »
i would agree but alot of these guys DONT know alot of stuff that SOME of the "guru's" do know... so workign with them will be very beneficial... nw personally i havent seen anything or heard anything or read anything from chad nichols that would make me think he is a good prep guy/guru.... however the smple fact ronnie worked with him does kinda have some clout..    but IMO id go with Milos before chad ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

No doubt there may be an initial stage where one has to learn certain things from another, or try a different approach, but at what point does a person begin to display independence?  I've never understood the propensity to pay a "guru" year after year, unless the role is that of a "supplier".  In saying that, I'm not making an accusation, but is it not perplexing that a person would continue to pay such an "adviser" and not eventually take over responsibility for themselves?  Then again, why would a top level pro like Flex Wheeler continue to need to be surrounded by an assortment of people to hold his hand for all aspects of his prep (Glass/ Teh Chad)?  It has become commonplace for a pro to, in my opinion, not really be a professional in their bodybuilding endeavors.  They want to relieve themselves of all the  burdens and responsibilities and not have to think for themselves.  A guy like Wheeler would have had others lift for him as well if he could have.  The funny thing is that there are people that would in turn pay such a pro to train them, because hey, they are a successful pro.  But really, if such a pro can't train and diet for themselves, what the hell do they know?? 

At least in Ronnie's case, he did train hard and had the requisite dedication, but after a number of years you'd think he could have done away with such a reliance on "teh Chad" and kept more of his paycheck for himself.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:01 AM »

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat is the best diet for losing fat
eating fat actually makes your body produce more testosterone and HGH
and eating low carb prevents insulin from being released.
When your body is not in ketosis, it is always looking for a sounce of carb, and if it doesn't find it, it will break down muscle tissue.
You got this wrong, as most "contest gurus" use the low carb moderate fat and high protein diet  ;)
Right Jim?

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/9

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »
not true

and besides the levels of all these hormones in dennis body come from exogenous supplementation

Exactly:

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1334192

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
I would just once, ever, love a bodybuilder to say 'i got beat because im not as good as him' or something like that, instead of all these horseshit excuses every time somebody loses.

Bpdybuilders are truely the most pathetic bunch of assholes on gods green earth !!  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
I would just once, ever, love a bodybuilder to say 'i got beat because im not as good as him' or something like that, instead of all these horseshit excuses every time somebody loses.

Bpdybuilders are truely the most pathetic bunch of assholes on gods green earth !!  ::)

YES!! We want the truth!!

"I got beat because someone sold me fake gear!"

"I got beat because i was too lazy too train right!"

Stuff like that.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 07:41:59 AM »
YES!! We want the truth!!

"I got beat because someone sold me fake gear!"

"I got beat because i was too lazy too train right!"

Stuff like that.

exactly DK!!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

Bullshit that he lost that much muscle, or any muscle, in the weeks leading up to the Olympia.
He was prepping with Chad, who is no fool. I doubt that he'd allow The Wolfe to lose that much and not do anything to stop it!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »

Bullshit that he lost that much muscle, or any muscle, in the weeks leading up to the Olympia.
He was prepping with Chad, who is no fool. I doubt that he'd allow The Wolfe to lose that much and not do anything to stop it!

"Teh Chad" is not infallible.  Not too mention this being their first time working together.  The voodoo surrounding contest prep has increased over the years and as a result, consistency tends to be a roll of the dice.  Everyone thinks they can make adjustments at the last minute to save the day, but it doesn't always work.

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
Didn't Milos take him from 15th to 5th at the Olympia? He should just go back to Milos imo.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 03:07:35 PM »
"Teh Chad" is not infallible.  Not too mention this being their first time working together.  The voodoo surrounding contest prep has increased over the years and as a result, consistency tends to be a roll of the dice.  Everyone thinks they can make adjustments at the last minute to save the day, but it doesn't always work.

I'm not insinuating that 'Teh Chad' is infallible. However, he's a fairly bright guy when it comes to his field. I'm sure he was working with Wolfe long enough to try a few trial runs. As well, Chad would probably listen to Wolfe or know from the get-go that maybe Wolfe doesn't respond well to low carbs.
I just think the whole story is BS, and that MD is trying to point blame at someone else because Wolfe (I think, though not sure) is an MD boy. Chad is not, though some of his athletes may be, thus it's easier for MD to say "Wolfe didn't take the title like we'd hoped all year, because Chad messed his nutrition with lower carbs. Meanwhile Dexter took the rug out from under our boy because Chad messed him up."
Anyhoo...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »
Wolf will be back...

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »
Explain why Toney Freeman, who was on a low carb diet, looked amazing and the best he ever has at the O this year?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »
Explain why Toney Freeman, who was on a low carb diet, looked amazing and the best he ever has at the O this year?

not everybody is the same, what works for one may not work for the other, different genetics.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 09:36:17 PM »
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/9
grat article anssi, always like your work

could you go post here to let the nutirion mods know you dont mind me pulling a clip from you article ?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251568.msg3537330#new

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2008, 02:19:54 AM »
Didn't Milos take him from 15th to 5th at the Olympia? He should just go back to Milos imo.

Yes!

Snake Oil worked well for him.