Author Topic: NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O?  (Read 5661 times)

Balloon

• Getbig III
NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O?
« on: December 06, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »
 :o
"Moving on...looking at this cover of Dennis Wolf, you have to ask: "What the fuck happened to him at the O?" Well, if you read the interview on page 196 you will find out, among other things, that he lost 15 pounds of muscle the last two weeks on a zero-carb diet! I'm not a fan of low-carb diets for building muscle. It's great for fat loss, but at the expense of losing lean muscle mass. "Assisted" bodybuilders have less of a concern, but it's still an issue for some guys. Low-carb diets lower testosterone, insulin and IGF-1, three important anabolic hormones. Low-carb diets also increase cortisol, a catabolic hormone plus increase blood acidity, which can also enhance muscle protein breakdown. I think low carbs were a mistake for Dennis. He also had an abdominal hernia, which accounted for his stomach protruding. He is having surgery in a couple of weeks to fix it and will be back training for the Olympia in January."

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Re: NEW MD COVER "Howlin Wolf, WTF happened at the O?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
15lbs my asshole, thats bullshit....

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »
Low-carb diets lower testosterone, insulin and IGF-1, three important anabolic hormones.

Yeah, I'm sure low levels of these hormones affected Dennis a lot..... ::)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
;D ;D

Dennis Wolf should ask Trey Brewer for some advice on making excuses.

dustin

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »

lol no kidding, eh.... nothing a couple extra ticks on the old syringe won't fix. MD is a fucking stupid magazine. Same with their trunk sniffing Muscle Mob.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
Low-carb diets lower testosterone, insulin and IGF-1,

not true

and besides the levels of all these hormones in dennis body come from exogenous supplementation

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
not true

and besides the levels of all these hormones in dennis body come from exogenous supplementation

Yup.  I think it had to do more with this being his first time working with Chad and Chad not really knowing how Dennis' body works all that well.  Wolf has a very fast metabolism and said he was ready for the O 5 weeks out.  Judging from some of the pics he had posted I would have agreed.  He was looking thick, full and shredded.  Overdieting was the culprit, not the diet he was on.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Yup.  I think it had to do more with this being his first time working with Chad and Chad not really knowing how Dennis' body works all that well.  Wolf has a very fast metabolism and said he was ready for the O 5 weeks out.  Judging from some of the pics he had posted I would have agreed.  He was looking thick, full and shredded.  Overdieting was the culprit, not the diet he was on.

Wolf this year was Coleman 2002. Let's hope next year he'll be Coleman 2003. ;)

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
t3 o'dose

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 04:19:15 PM »
t3 o'dose
              Luke Wood. :-\

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »
not true

Yes true..

But you are correct that in Dennis it would make no difference as his bodys hormones are not naturaly produced.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
excuses, excuses.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »
Ahahahahagba thats the thread of the week and chaos has made the post of the week.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
Am I supposed to be offended?  It doesn't apply to me. ::)

How would you like a little timeout? :D
You get Time out for stating a truth?  ???

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »
Nobody loses 15 lbs in two weeks, not even an 80 year old woman on cortisol steroids.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
Nobody loses 15 lbs in two weeks, not even an 80 year old woman on cortisol steroids.
Tryed,diuretics,throid meds,clen,thermos,diet,lots of cardio and intense weight training have we?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
:o
"Moving on...looking at this cover of Dennis Wolf, you have to ask: "What the fuck happened to him at the O?" Well, if you read the interview on page 196 you will find out, among other things, that he lost 15 pounds of muscle the last two weeks on a zero-carb diet! I'm not a fan of low-carb diets for building muscle. It's great for fat loss, but at the expense of losing lean muscle mass. "Assisted" bodybuilders have less of a concern, but it's still an issue for some guys. Low-carb diets lower testosterone, insulin and IGF-1, three important anabolic hormones. Low-carb diets also increase cortisol, a catabolic hormone plus increase blood acidity, which can also enhance muscle protein breakdown. I think low carbs were a mistake for Dennis. He also had an abdominal hernia, which accounted for his stomach protruding. He is having surgery in a couple of weeks to fix it and will be back training for the Olympia in January."

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat is the best diet for losing fat
eating fat actually makes your body produce more testosterone and HGH
and eating low carb prevents insulin from being released.
When your body is not in ketosis, it is always looking for a sounce of carb, and if it doesn't find it, it will break down muscle tissue.
You got this wrong, as most "contest gurus" use the low carb moderate fat and high protein diet  ;)
Right Jim?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat is the best diet for losing fat
eating fat actually makes your body produce more testosterone and HGH
and eating low carb prevents insulin from being released.
When your body is not in ketosis, it is always looking for a sounce of carb, and if it doesn't find it, it will break down muscle tissue.
You got this wrong, as most "contest gurus" use the low carb moderate fat and high protein diet  ;)
Right Jim?
Everyones different,what works for you may not work for me..learn that and you will know there are no absolutes in this game just like life.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
Everyones different,what works for you may not work for me..learn that and you will know there are no absolutes in this game just like life.

you're very correct will.  ;)

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
Simply put, Wolf lost too much size prior to the contest. 

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »
I'm still not fully convinced that one can lose that amount of meat off of one's frame in that amount of time.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 07:44:08 PM »

Why do so many bodybuilders, even after establishing themselves and finding success, somehow fall under the misapprehension that "teh Chad" will have some sort of innate ability to dial them in even better?  Is it logical to think that by e-mailing photos to him, that all of a sudden he will know how their bodies respond, better than they do  themselves?  If it aint broke, why not continue to improve on what you have been doing?  We're not talking about beginners here, but high level pros.  Somehow though, everyone has been brainwashed into thinking a "guru" is a must have.  These guys should stop being so mindless and lazy and take control over their own prep and their own careers. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 07:48:35 PM »
Why do so many bodybuilders, even after establishing themselves and finding success, somehow fall under the misapprehension that "teh Chad" will have some sort of innate ability to dial them in even better?  Is it logical to think that by e-mailing photos to him, that all of a sudden he will know how their bodies respond, better than they do  themselves?  If it aint broke, why not continue to improve on what you have been doing?  We're not talking about beginners here, but high level pros.  Somehow though, everyone has been brainwashed into thinking a "guru" is a must have.  These guys should stop being so mindless and lazy and take control over their own prep and their own careers. 

I agree with what Dorian said about gurus, it's bullshit.
You're the bodybuilder, you have to figure out how to do it for yourself.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »
I agree with what Dorian said about gurus, it's bullshit.
You're the bodybuilder, you have to figure out how to do it for yourself.
i would agree but alot of these guys DONT know alot of stuff that SOME of the "guru's" do know... so workign with them will be very beneficial... nw personally i havent seen anything or heard anything or read anything from chad nichols that would make me think he is a good prep guy/guru.... however the smple fact ronnie worked with him does kinda have some clout..    but IMO id go with Milos before chad ANY DAY OF THE WEEK