Author Topic: Protein powders and the brain relaxation myth (serious thread)  (Read 1699 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Protein powders and the brain relaxation myth (serious thread)
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »
So i chooked down this 3 scoops met rx with a tablespoon of creatine, 20 min after that the back of my head feels different, it feels fantastic. There is a change in relaxation, i feel a sense of wellbeing. What exact  ingridients in the powder make this thing possible i ask myself?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Protein powders and the brain relaxation myth (serious thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »
So i chooked down this 3 scoops met rx with a tablespoon of creatine, 20 min after that the back of my head feels different, it feels fantastic. There is a change in relaxation, i feel a sense of wellbeing. What exact  ingridients in the powder make this thing possible i ask myself?

Ignorance.  A "wonder ingredient" with a long history. 

You need any snake oil?  Cures what ails ya....
Y

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »
I think you're having a stroke.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
maybe the sense of wellbeing is the endorphins released from working out, not from drinking a protein powder full of artifical sweetener
Valhalla awaits.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
maybe the sense of wellbeing is the endorphins released from working out, not from drinking a protein powder full of artifical sweetener

Or perhaps it is from the aspartame in the sweetener being broken down to phenylalanine and converted to L-tyrosine.
The L-tyrosine is then converted to dopamine and the adrenaline hormones.  (IE: the "endorphins" you speak of)

Don't be a fucking moron if you're going to talk down to someone. 
Y

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »
so how come i don't get a sense of well being every time i drink something with aspartamine.

Valhalla awaits.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »
so how come i don't get a sense of well being every time i drink something with aspartamine.

Cause you're drinking the wrong shit.  Try some aspartame, aspartamine isn't going to do anything. 

Y

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »
Or perhaps it is from the aspartame in the sweetener being broken down to phenylalanine and converted to L-tyrosine.
The L-tyrosine is then converted to dopamine and the adrenaline hormones.  (IE: the "endorphins" you speak of)

why do you have so many gimmicks, also if you are going to try and sound smart the 'adrenaline hormones" are not enkephalins. sorry please try again.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »
synthol.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:37 AM »
Hey im back, i just remembered i had some walnuts  prior ot the shake, it could be the combination of oily ingredients with protein.

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »

it feels like somebody is blowing air into your muscle. They get a really tight feeling like they are going to explode at any minute.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:05:38 PM »
why do you have so many gimmicks, also if you are going to try and sound smart the 'adrenaline hormones" are not enkephalins. sorry please try again.

You don't know a whole lot about the structure of enkephalins, do you?  Go ahead and look up the two forms and see how prominent a role tyrosine plays. 

One of the main mechanisms of action of of beta-endorphin is to cause more dopamine to be released.  I'm not a gimmick for whatever dipshit you think I am, I post about once a year here, mostly to laugh at ignorant cum dumpsters like you. 

Sorry, please try again.
Y

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »
Stupidity..

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

You don't know a whole lot about the structure of enkephalins, do you?  Go ahead and look up the two forms and see how prominent a role tyrosine plays. 

One of the main mechanisms of action of of beta-endorphin is to cause more dopamine to be released.  I'm not a gimmick for whatever dipshit you think I am, I post about once a year here, mostly to laugh at ignorant cum dumpsters like you. 

Sorry, please try again.

norepineprine and epinephrine is what you origianally said, now you are referring to tyrosine which is a raw product for tyrosine hydroxyalase. Sure endorphin causes dopamine release, phenyethylamine production mostly in the periaquiductal grey. Your statement is wrong, unless you attempt to play on semantics.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
Also i would shut up about the whole gimmick thing as i dont think ron would approve, plus i can prove you are a gimmick.

I dont care that much but your attack on me is brutal considering almost everything you say is devoid of logic and fact.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 02:27:03 PM »
who gives a fling fuck? GO get laid.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
who gives a fling fuck? GO get laid.

i never understood how people can argue about men in oiled thongs then grill people for outing a retard.

I am saving myself for my husband.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
It's nice that anyone can appear smart on the internet by looking up shit on wikipedia and then posting as if he knows what he's talking about.  I don't think aspartame should make you feel a sense of wellbeing.  Lifting makes me feel good.  Maybe it's laced with LSD.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »

even if we can't share a decent convo... that's a damn good reply right there HAHAHAHA

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »
It's nice that anyone can appear smart on the internet by looking up shit on wikipedia and then posting as if he knows what he's talking about.  I don't think aspartame should make you feel a sense of wellbeing.  Lifting makes me feel good.  Maybe it's laced with LSD.

this is the difference between knowing something adn understanding it.. looking but not seeing.. hearing but not listening.

necrosis knows his shit

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »

he
perhaps this perhaps that, im chewing aspartame gum all day and never feel a thing. What triggered the wellbeing in the back of the head was probably walnuts i ate before the shake, its full of healthy oil in combo with protein.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »
he
perhaps this perhaps that, im chewing aspartame gum all day and never feel a thing. What triggered the wellbeing in the back of the head was probably walnuts i ate before the shake, its full of healthy oil in combo with protein.

Perhaps it's the competitive binding effects of insulin that can raise serotonin, perhaps it's the blissful ignorance that comes with being a moron, there is no definitive answer.  The fact that no one can see my reason for posting was cynical mocking is probably the most amusing aspect here.  People are so quick to shout "gimmick" and google search any word over 4 letters that they can't even see that my entire point was made in jest.  Humorous on many levels indeed.
Y