Author Topic: i just want to build my arms....need your advices  (Read 8786 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: i just want to build my arms....need your advices
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »
haha i have quite the monkey arms, but hey, im tall, blonde, broad shouldered and white.
don't sell yourself short big stud, your arms are pretty cannonballish yourself Hague Hero.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »
haha i have quite the monkey arms, but hey, im tall, blonde, broad shouldered and white.

Sounds like you're quite the Hitler Ideal, Mars.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
I'm sure some thought you were kidding with that dumb answer. Sometimes the genetic potential takes some effort to realize; if Arnold had believed your theory he'd have settled for mediocre calves instead of finding ways to unlock the potential.

arnold's calves were weak in the beginning because he didn't train them hard

if you train a body part hard for years and it's still weak, it will always be weak

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
arnold's calves were weak in the beginning because he didn't train them hard

if you train a body part hard for years and it's still weak, it will always be weak

E

Actually that's not quite accurate. He said he did in fact train them hard and they didn't respond. It required changes in his approach regarding both the routine and his perception of what hard work was-other people might also find those changes helpful but never explore them. On both counts he made adjustments and brought out unrealized potential. The same could apply to most here-if you're not open to new ideas, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. ;)

If he just followed the "just genetics" dogma common here he'd not have been open to new means of tapping unrealized potential.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
DROP SETS DROP SETS DROP SETS....everyone is different but they worked well for me over the years....put like 15's,20's,25's and 30's all in a line and go at each weight (8-12 reps) starting from heavy to light....this will have your arms filled with blood like there about to explode and give you an insane pump if you can push through the intense pain of it.....use this along with your basic arm excerices, maintian good from and squeeze the hell out of them at the top and slow negative as you go down and in a couple months I will bet some nice changes will take place....beat of luck to ya bud.....

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
DROP SETS DROP SETS DROP SETS....everyone is different but they worked well for me over the years....put like 15's,20's,25's and 30's all in a line and go at each weight (8-12 reps) starting from heavy to light....this will have your arms filled with blood like there about to explode and give you an insane pump if you can push through the intense pain of it.....use this along with your basic arm excerices, maintian good from and squeeze the hell out of them at the top and slow negative as you go down and in a couple months I will bet some nice changes will take place....beat of luck to ya bud.....

Exactly. This is the kinda thing you do before giving up with the getbig classic "it's just genetics"  line. Be creative, try different things then have the balls and do it.

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »
PUMPSTER SAID IT PERFECTLY......change up your routine, experiment with diff. techniques and see what works for you cause we are all diff and what works for one guy is not the same for the next...bottom line is just fucking go out and do it with everything you got and stop using the genetics shit as an excuse when you dont put out the effort or try new things and your arms dont grow...no shit they dont grow....

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2008, 05:37:38 PM »
PUMPSTER SAID IT PERFECTLY......change up your routine, experiment with diff. techniques and see what works for you cause we are all diff and what works for one guy is not the same for the next...bottom line is just fucking go out and do it with everything you got and stop using the genetics shit as an excuse when you dont put out the effort or try new things and your arms dont grow...no shit they dont grow....

You said it perfectly aswel BIG & HONEST TBUNZEE

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2008, 12:28:34 AM »
Lifting weights is rocket science.