Author Topic: Today I saw....  (Read 4739 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Today I saw....
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:09 PM »
a great movie (Mods please leave up for a bit, this is THE FIRST time I HAVE EVER made an off-topic thread on G &O, I just want to make people aware of this film, THANK YOU!)[/b][/font].

It is called "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas". Excellent, but incredibly sad. This is only playing in ONE theater in my area, so it looks like one of those limited theater releases. Go soon, as it may not be playing later than Thrusday (god knows they gotta make room for some shit movie we've seen a 1000 times, re-packaged and over hyped).

Watch trailer here.

http://www.fandango.com/theboyinthestripedpajamas_118089/movieoverview?date=
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
Re: Today I saw....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
Well, I tried to enlighten you..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
I prefer Rocky 3

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
I prefer Rocky 3

All jokes aside.....go see it.
HAHA, RON.....

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »
Looks like a movie worth going to see.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I will definately go see.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »
Looks like a movie worth going to see.  Thanks for sharing with us.  I will definately go see.

Dude, the trailers don't do it justice. It's about an hour and a half, but man, it's so fucking deep. Like I said, it won't be out long since it's a limited release, and they need to make room for some overhyped turd this weekend. If you got a woman, take her with you. You will not regret it.

Should you miss it, be sure to rent the DVD when it comes out. Very few movies like this out there.
HAHA, RON.....

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »
couldlnt u have posted this on E-board?
this board is mainly for bodybuilding stuff
w

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »
Don't know much about it but it looks interesting. I'll probably check it out once it hits dvd.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »
You were moved by this movie.

That is so sweet  :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
Following is a SPOILER. DON'T READ IF YOU PLAN TO SEE THIS MOVIE .....

Gor, I saw it and really liked it. The two kids were great actors.  I wonder if they were aware of the history behind what they were acting in and where they were heading?

Director to kids, "Ok, kids, in this scene you are going into the gas chamber to be killed. Just act normal."

But I honestly think that they should have included a scene in which the father enters the chamber and searches for his son's body and goes crazy/insane  in the process.

Would not have been pleasant to watch but it would have really brought some reality to the screen.

I have a feeling that they probably shot that scene but decided not to release it.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »
You were moved by this movie.

That is so sweet  :)

No doubt.

Following is a SPOILER. DON'T READ IF YOU PLAN TO SEE THIS MOVIE .....

Gor, I saw it and really liked it. The two kids were great actors.  I wonder if they were aware of the history behind what they were acting in and where they were heading?

Director to kids, "Ok, kids, in this scene you are going into the gas chamber to be killed. Just act normal."

But I honestly think that they should have included a scene in which the father enters the chamber and searches for his son's body and goes crazy/insane  in the process.

Would not have been pleasant to watch but it would have really brought some reality to the screen.

I have a feeling that they probably shot that scene but decided not to release it.

Yeah, the kids were great. I wonder if they'll talk about (The kids will) whether or not they knew the significance of the scene they acted out, in the DVD releases special features.

You know, I'd bet they did shoot such a scene, but you're right, would have been too unpleasant. I fucking lost it, cause once the kid digs himself under the fence, you just knew something bad was gonna happen. I don't think one person in the theater had a dry eye. Even the tools who started out "texting and playing with their cells" we're into to it by the end.

That scene was insane. It was so intense, so sad, so touching.....to see the two boys holding hands, you know, best friends and all...to the end.

I still can't get over the scene where the little jewish boy is sitting by the fence, starving, wondering why he's a prisoner....all I can think of is my 7 year old boy.... :'(
HAHA, RON.....

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
Are there tits and pussy in this flick?
P

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
Are there tits and pussy in this flick?

HAHAHA! No.

But if you take a girl to it, I bet there will be in YOUR future.
HAHA, RON.....

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
HAHAHA! No.

But if you take a girl to it, I bet there will be in YOUR future.

Wow, I need to go see this film  :)
P

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »
Wow, I need to go see this film  :)

Seriously, if you're gonna spend your hard earned money on a movie, might as well be a good one.
HAHA, RON.....

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »
Seriously, if you're gonna spend your hard earned money on a movie, might as well be a good one.

You think that shit is dark? Maybe you'll like this one:

Dear Zachary

http://www.pajiba.com/dear-zachary.htm

"Dear Zachary is one messed-up motherfucking documentary, people. And the less you know about it, perhaps, the better. Or maybe not. I knew nothing about it going in, and made the mistake of forcing Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate to watch it with me. Within 11 minutes, she was sobbing, begging me to turn it off. Before I could find the remote, however, she’d been sucked back into an all-too engrossing story of a man’s freakish, tragic murder. But by minute 32, Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate was inconsolable but transfixed, watching the next 45 minutes of the documentary with bleary, tear-filled eyes. Before the documentary ended, those tears turned to silent shock. And, for the both of us, it was perhaps the first time we’d ever been completely paralyzed by a film. It is an experience unlike almost any other, and your emotions will run the gamut, from sadness, to pride, to despair, to anger, to ache, and to complete disbelief, and unbelievable, mess-you-the-fuck up shock."

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 09:45:45 PM »
Looks good I'll check this out for sure

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »

Dear Zachary

"Dear Zachary is one messed-up motherfucking documentary, people. And the less you know about it, perhaps, the better. Or maybe not. I knew nothing about it going in, and made the mistake of forcing Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate to watch it with me. Within 11 minutes, she was sobbing, begging me to turn it off. Before I could find the remote, however, she’d been sucked back into an all-too engrossing story of a man’s freakish, tragic murder. But by minute 32, Mrs. Pajiba-hyphenate was inconsolable but transfixed, watching the next 45 minutes of the documentary with bleary, tear-filled eyes. Before the documentary ended, those tears turned to silent shock. And, for the both of us, it was perhaps the first time we’d ever been completely paralyzed by a film. It is an experience unlike almost any other, and your emotions will run the gamut, from sadness, to pride, to despair, to anger, to ache, and to complete disbelief, and unbelievable, mess-you-the-fuck up shock."

You are slipping, MB. If Panda was posting here, you'd have turned this thread into a Pumphard smack fest given the movie's title is 'The boy in striped pajamas'

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »

Dear Zachary

Thanks for the heads up.....looks like a heart breaker. Worst of all....it's real life.  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »
a great movie (Mods please leave up for a bit, this is THE FIRST time I HAVE EVER made an off-topic thread on G &O, I just want to make people aware of this film, THANK YOU!)[/b][/font].

It is called "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas". Excellent, but incredibly sad. This is only playing in ONE theater in my area, so it looks like one of those limited theater releases. Go soon, as it may not be playing later than Thrusday (god knows they gotta make room for some shit movie we've seen a 1000 times, re-packaged and over hyped).

Watch trailer here.

http://www.fandango.com/theboyinthestripedpajamas_118089/movieoverview?date=

Epic crying to the mods "in advance".  ::)

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 06:19:21 PM »
GO SEE IT!
HAHA, RON.....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »
 you knwo what movie I am excited to see...?

BOOOOMMMM

july 2009 babbyyyyy

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 06:31:19 PM »
HAHA, RON.....

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »
Looks good bro - I will check it out