Author Topic: Gatorade + creatine + glutamine + whey = sip during workout?  (Read 4600 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gatorade + creatine + glutamine + whey = sip during workout?
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:23:44 AM »
Will this make much of a difference?  I see the Milos Shake thing getting ragged on here, but a growing number of very big guys in my gym are swearing by this, saying that the body is most receptive to these compounds during and immediately after training.

Thoughts?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Gatorade + creatine + glutamine + whey = sip during workout?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »
drop the glutamine, its completely useless for bodybuilding purpouses, switch the gatorade to dextrose or maltodextrin, and have one of these shakes 45 mins prior to working out also one  during workout, also one after workout.

yes its very effective.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
Will this make much of a difference?  I see the Milos Shake thing getting ragged on here, but a growing number of very big guys in my gym are swearing by this, saying that the body is most receptive to these compounds during and immediately after training.

Thoughts?
take steroids

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »
drop the glutamine, its completely useless for bodybuilding purpouses, switch the gatorade to dextrose or maltodextrin, and have one of these shakes 45 mins prior to working out also one  during workout, also one after workout.

yes its very effective.

thanks!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:09:39 PM »

Thoughts?

I've been doing that for a while. But, with a few tweaks. Instead of Gatorade, I either use the dextrose that comes with certain creatine supplements I use (i.e. CELL-TECH, Body Fortress Creatine, etc). Or, if I get a superb deal on plain creatine (i.e. 400 grams of Body Fortress Creatine for $5), I simply use Kool-Aid or other form of simple carb drink.

With regards to aminos, I'll use either Amino Fuel or ON's Amino 2222. And, I'll add some glutamine for that (since I got that fairly cheap, too)

Post-workout, it's usually some form of protein shake or MRP.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »
MC, that's a good idea w/ the body fortress brand... i've got the same product and never considered taking it intra workout.. gonna have to start doing that when i run out of my dextrose and creatine mono

and for the original poster, i would recommend body fortress.. cheap, taste great, and contains dextrose and 3 forms of creatine.. i think most wal marts sell the body fortress brand

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
drop the glutamine, its completely useless for bodybuilding purpouses,

not true but how would you know. most of us take glutamine on a daily basis. even off seaon.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:47:20 PM »
thread is useless without pics Rob. >:(

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 02:58:55 PM »
not true but how would you know. most of us take glutamine on a daily basis. even off seaon.

scientific research.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
scientific research.

Science?? PFFT You charlatan! 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
thats because most of you are retarded. thats why you pay guys liek chad and milos to be smart for you. arago you ever want some tips give me a p.m... i can help you get tan and lose that sickneing red color your ugly elf ass has got.   ;)

scientific research.
exactly.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 04:22:53 AM »
Switch the gatorade with maltodextrin and the whey with amino acids, preferably BCAA.

Keep the glutamine, it's cheap and it will prevent having the other amino acids turned to glutamine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »
thats because most of you are retarded. thats why you pay guys liek chad and milos to be smart for you. arago you ever want some tips give me a p.m... i can help you get tan and lose that sickneing red color your ugly elf ass has got.   ;)
 exactly.

Exactly what?

Glutamine doesn't stop working for somebody, just because a guy with a Ph.D claims it's not effective. I guess all the posters here, who have had success and made progress using glutamine, should give all their size and strength gains back, because Dr. Quackenschmitt said that glutamine don't work.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
Exactly what?

Glutamine doesn't stop working for somebody, just because a guy with a Ph.D claims it's not effective. I guess all the posters here, who have had success and made progress using glutamine, should give all their size and strength gains back, because Dr. Quackenschmitt said that glutamine don't work.

you do realize that while taking glutamine most people are weightlifting and eating alot of food right? Making your claim ridiculous. Its a simply fact of physiology, why do you argue with the facts?

i like how you refer to people with education in the field of nutrition and biochemistry as quacks and take some gym rats advice over theirs. Just like ronnie wouldnt be the one to ask about drugs, he hires people with some modicum of education aka chad to do the thinking for him.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »
Switch the gatorade with maltodextrin and the whey with amino acids, preferably BCAA.

Keep the glutamine, it's cheap and it will prevent having the other amino acids turned to glutamine. glucose.       ... maybe. possibly. but unlikely.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »

you do realize that while taking glutamine most people are weightlifting and eating alot of food right? Making your claim ridiculous. Its a simply fact of physiology, why do you argue with the facts?

No one said that they weren't weightlifting or eating lots of food. The issue here is whether these guys made (or can make) better gains adding glutamine TO THEIR EXISTING TRAINING AND DIETARY PROGRAMS, than they did (or would) by leaving it out.

i like how you refer to people with education in the field of nutrition and biochemistry as quacks and take some gym rats advice over theirs. Just like ronnie wouldnt be the one to ask about drugs, he hires people with some modicum of education aka chad to do the thinking for him.

What I realize is that, the ones with the "education in the field of nutrition and biochemistry" have had a nasty habit of being BEHIND those in-the-trenches, real-world weighlifters and bodybuilding enthusiasts, when it comes to their dietary needs.

Bill Phillips said it best, when commenting about Arnold Schwarzenegger, on the Pumping Iron DVD. People, nowadays, are into strength training and aerobic exercise. High protein diets are now the craze. But Arnold was doing that stuff in the 70s and in the 60s. He did it at a time, when people thought he, and those from whom he learned such, were crazy for giving such advice.

Why is it that far too many of these experts today make these "grand discoveries" that I found in my old Muscle & Fitness magazines 20 years ago (or could have found from even older bodybuilding publications)?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »
No one said that they weren't weightlifting or eating lots of food. The issue here is whether these guys made (or can make) better gains adding glutamine TO THEIR EXISTING TRAINING AND DIETARY PROGRAMS, than they did (or would) by leaving it out.

::)

Exactly what?

to many variables, when the variables were controlled glutamine added nothing except a lower bank roll.

What I realize is that, the ones with the "education in the field of nutrition and biochemistry" have had a nasty habit of being BEHIND those in-the-trenches, real-world weighlifters and bodybuilding enthusiasts, when it comes to their dietary needs.

Bill Phillips said it best, when commenting about Arnold Schwarzenegger, on the Pumping Iron DVD. People, nowadays, are into strength training and aerobic exercise. High protein diets are now the craze. But Arnold was doing that stuff in the 70s and in the 60s. He did it at a time, when people thought he, and those from whom he learned such, were crazy for giving such advice.

Why is it that far too many of these experts today make these "grand discoveries" that I found in my old Muscle & Fitness magazines 20 years ago (or could have found from even older bodybuilding publications)?

pure conjecture and rhetoric, science has been ahead of the curve most of the time. Provide evidence for your claim of gym rats being ahead of science.

they aren't grand discoveries, science has a methodology to uphold and takes alot more time and patience then gym rats. They have to design well thought out studies and provide multile lineages of evidence.

You seem to be a fan of anectdotal evidence.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 10:19:09 AM »
::)

to many variables, when the variables were controlled glutamine added nothing except a lower bank roll.

pure conjecture and rhetoric, science has been ahead of the curve most of the time. Provide evidence for your claim of gym rats being ahead of science.

We ain't talking about "most of the time"; we're talking about this particular case of bodybuilding nutrition. But, since you insist, in-the-trenches bodybuilders have known for decades that they need more protein than the average Joe.

What were the "experts" saying then (and what some are still saying NOW)? You don't need more protein than the average guy. Just go by the RDA and you'll be OK.  ::)

they aren't grand discoveries, science has a methodology to uphold and takes alot more time and patience then gym rats. They have to design well thought out studies and provide multile lineages of evidence.

You seem to be a fan of anectdotal evidence.

You seem to be a fan of the phrase, "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts".

I'm a fan of looking at real-world results. Do you really think Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sergio Oliva, Reg Park, or any of those old-school bodybuilders (or the men that trained them) waited until the lab coats said that high-protein diets worked for building mass, to start implementing that dietary strategy?

Do you think they waited until a bunch of Ph.Ds said that dropping carbs help factilitate fat-burning, before they cut out the bread in their diets to get lean?

Bottom line: Some of these nutritional experts are just now "discovering" principles about bodybuilding nutrition and training, that was common knowledge to the patriarchs of bodybuilding 30-40 years ago.

But, go ahead, keep shouting....."I don't how much your strength and size has improved using glutamine. DR. QUACKENSCHMITT SAID IT DON'T WORK, AND, DAGNABBITT!!!! THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
thanks!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
We ain't talking about "most of the time"; we're talking about this particular case of bodybuilding nutrition. But, since you insist, in-the-trenches bodybuilders have known for decades that they need more protein than the average Joe.

What were the "experts" saying then (and what some are still saying NOW)? You don't need more protein than the average guy. Just go by the RDA and you'll be OK.  ::)

i dont know what you're talking about, who mentioned protein?

You seem to be a fan of the phrase, "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts".

I'm a fan of looking at real-world results. Do you really think Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sergio Oliva, Reg Park, or any of those old-school bodybuilders (or the men that trained them) waited until the lab coats said that high-protein diets worked for building mass, to start implementing that dietary strategy?

i stick with the facts and use intuition and knowledge from science to make inferences that might or might not be true. I know that a program that has slow concentric contractions for example is probably garbage, or that taking leucine is perhaps the best supp you could take.

You are a fan of uncontrolled situations where multiple influences could come into play. You are a fan of faith and arguing against evidence. All those bodybuilders where on steriods dramatically increasing protein synthesis, poor argument.

Do you think they waited until a bunch of Ph.Ds said that dropping carbs help factilitate fat-burning, before they cut out the bread in their diets to get lean?

Bottom line: Some of these nutritional experts are just now "discovering" principles about bodybuilding nutrition and training, that was common knowledge to the patriarchs of bodybuilding 30-40 years ago.

But, go ahead, keep shouting....."I don't how much your strength and size has improved using glutamine. DR. QUACKENSCHMITT SAID IT DON'T WORK, AND, DAGNABBITT!!!! THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!!!!

i dont know what to say other then your ignorance is blinding. You dont have a sweet clue what your talking about and in the process mocking those that do. It is as if you are anti-science and anti-knowledge and parade your ignorance.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 03:26:46 PM »
i dont know what you're talking about, who mentioned protein?

Yes, you do. You said, "Provide evidence for your claim of gym rats being ahead of science."

I used my statements about protein intake and diet as an example of such.

i stick with the facts and use intuition and knowledge from science to make inferences that might or might not be true. I know that a program that has slow concentric contractions for example is probably garbage, or that taking leucine is perhaps the best supp you could take.

You are a fan of uncontrolled situations where multiple influences could come into play. You are a fan of faith and arguing against evidence. All those bodybuilders where on steriods dramatically increasing protein synthesis, poor argument.

I am a fan of what works under real-world conditions. And the steroid argument is quite pitiful. I know firsthand, as I do not and have not used them. Yet, I have found that higher protein levels have helped me increase my size and strength, over the years. And, I've interacted with trainers, who have had similar results.

I don't whine and blubber about "Oh, they were taking steroids", when considering different training and dietary strategies. I simply look at it and see if it appears sound. If I'm interested, I'll give it a try. If it works, I keep it; if it doesn't; I drop it.

i dont know what to say other then your ignorance is blinding. You dont have a sweet clue what your talking about and in the process mocking those that do. It is as if you are anti-science and anti-knowledge and parade your ignorance.

If anyone's ignorant around here, it's you. First of all, I am not and never have been "anti-science" or "anti-knowledge". What I've realized is that real-world application is what counts, when it's all said and done. And doing something that isn't effective for you or not doing something that you know to be effective, just because someone in a lab coat with a Ph.D says something to the contrary, is utterly STUPID.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
Yes, you do. You said, "Provide evidence for your claim of gym rats being ahead of science."

I used my statements about protein intake and diet as an example of such.

you have no idea what you are talking about. Is your word evidence? why dont you read some journals in nutrition from way back. ::)

Main Entry: ig·no·rance 
Pronunciation: \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 13th century
: the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

yes my friend you are ignorant, you fit the definition to a T.

I am a fan of what works under real-world conditions. And the steroid argument is quite pitiful. I know firsthand, as I do not and have not used them. Yet, I have found that higher protein levels have helped me increase my size and strength, over the years. And, I've interacted with trainers, who have had similar results.

so am i, however when science shows something doesnt work because of simple physiology and you continue taking it because of the gains you are getting, whilst training,eating etc... that is your issue. Sure more carbs usually mean more strength, more particular fats increase hormone production. You aren't making any special case.

If anyone's ignorant around here, it's you. First of all, I am not and never have been "anti-science" or "anti-knowledge". What I've realized is that real-world application is what counts, when it's all said and done. And doing something that isn't effective for you or not doing something that you know to be effective, just because someone in a lab coat with a Ph.D says something to the contrary, is utterly STUPID.

taking glutamine while training when taking other stuff, training, stress level fluctuation, sleep level changes etc.. is not real world. Science tells us what the real world is. It is a slow process, sorry we all cant jump to conclusions like some people.

"And doing something that isn't effective for you or not doing something that you know to be effective, just because someone in a lab coat with a Ph.D says something to the contrary, is utterly STUPID."

the enterocytes take up most of the glutamine not degraded by the HCL of the stomach. Glutamine has shown no effect on muscle growth, strength when taken orally for these reasons. It is also made de novo quite easily. I quoted the above statement for ignorance.