Author Topic: House passes Detroit bailout  (Read 709 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
House passes Detroit bailout
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The House passed a stopgap $14 billion bailout to U.S. automakers Wednesday evening, but Republican opposition cast doubts about its fate as it moves on to the Senate.

The House vote came in the wake of an agreement on the measure earlier in the day between Democratic Congressional leaders and the Bush administration.

The bill is designed to keep General Motors (GM, Fortune 500) and Chrysler LLC out of bankruptcy through at least March to give the new Congress and Obama administration a chance to craft a more long-term solution.

The measure passed by a count of 237 to 170 thanks to overwhelming Democratic support. But only 32 Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bill.

Senate rules would allow the Republican minority to block or even kill the legislation. And even with the support from the White House, Republican anger seemed to grow throughout the day.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The House passed a stopgap $14 billion bailout to U.S. automakers Wednesday evening, but Republican opposition cast doubts about its fate as it moves on to the Senate.

The House vote came in the wake of an agreement on the measure earlier in the day between Democratic Congressional leaders and the Bush administration.

The bill is designed to keep General Motors (GM, Fortune 500) and Chrysler LLC out of bankruptcy through at least March to give the new Congress and Obama administration a chance to craft a more long-term solution.

The measure passed by a count of 237 to 170 thanks to overwhelming Democratic support. But only 32 Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bill.

Senate rules would allow the Republican minority to block or even kill the legislation. And even with the support from the White House, Republican anger seemed to grow throughout the day.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/10/news/companies/auto_bailout_legislation/index.htm?postversion=2008121021

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: House passes Detroit bailout
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
Republican anger seemed to grow throughout the day

Let's get this straight... The Republicans are finally angry.

They didn't get angry about the 5 trillion bucks that Bush borrowed in 8 years.
They didn't get angry about the whole war in iraq.
They didn't get angry about Bin laden still being free.
They didn't get angry about Pakistan taking our $ and doing nothing.
They didn't get angry about us negotiating with Taleban in Afghanistan cause we can't defeat them.
They didn't get angry about Bush paying N. Korea a mil ballels of oil to stop lobbing missiles at us.
They didn't get angry about the patriot act 1 or 2.

But they're really pissed about a $14 billion bailout for American Auto makers.

W.  T.  F.  ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:08 PM »

They didn't get angry about us negotiating with Taleban in Afghanistan cause we can't defeat them.
They didn't get angry about Bush paying N. Korea a mil ballels of oil to stop lobbing missiles at us.

W.  T.  F.  ???
LOL your democrats voted for this war just like the republicans this wont be a 14 billion dollar bail out it will cost much much more mark my words.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
LOL your democrats voted for this war just like the republicans this wont be a 14 billion dollar bail out it will cost much much more mark my words.

I'm against all of these shitty bailouts - I just think it's funny how repubs have been so silent about Bush's fvckups for the last 8 years - until this comparatively minor one.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
I'm against all of these shitty bailouts - I just think it's funny how repubs have been so silent about Bush's fvckups for the last 8 years - until this comparatively minor one.
everybody is pissed off about this not just republicans bro open your biased fuking eyes

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »
everybody is pissed off about this not just republicans bro open your biased fuking eyes

Bush and the dems support it.

The white house and the majority of congress are supporting this bullshit for some reason.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
I just think it's funny how repubs have been so silent about Bush's fvckups for the last 8 years - until this comparatively minor one.

Party politics at its finest  :(  :-*

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »

W.  T.  F.  ???

What about the $7.7 trillion being proposed when Obama takes office and the dems said that just a few weeks ago. Are you freaking kidding me Rob? And $14 billion just as a start to bailout assholes who can't run a business knowing they'll be back after Obama takes office after Jan. 20th only to beg for more money?

Don't even think about comparing Bush's spending to this. At least the money that Bush spent was worth it to help protect the country. What a bunch of freaking morons!!

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »
BTW, haven't heard anything about any "tax cuts" for the middle class since he got elected have you? Neither have I.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 07:44:58 PM »

At least the money that Bush spent was worth it to help protect the country.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
BTW, I wasn't referring to you guys as morons, I meant congress.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »
we can't shit on obama - YET.   He isn't in power.  He's already assembled a cabinet, which is way more than Bush or Clinton had done at this point - they both waited until january to start these things - Obama is holding press conferences every day trying to assemble some confidence, since the world and nation doesn't seem to respect Bush anymore.