Author Topic: Hammer Strength or Nautilus  (Read 1701 times)

Hustle2muscles

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Hammer Strength or Nautilus
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
I need so opinions , Im gonna be opening up a small gym and just wanted to know which gym equipment brand do you find the most reliable and a effective . I know there are a lot of good companies, so I narrowed it down to two companies , Hammer(Life fitness) and Nautilus . Thanks  in advance ... 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Hammer Strength or Nautilus
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:09:26 AM »
my favorite two companies: Barbells and Dumbbells

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:17:30 AM »
If I were going to start up a small gym I would probably handpick a mix of different brands and get the best from each... buy them all used. Unless it's visually important to go with the same brand, same color etc and you might get a better deal buying a whole 'set'.
Nautilus got some good ones, Hammer got some good ones... Hammer, at least their old models take up quite a lot of space... a leg extension for example is HUGE (but the benefit is that you can work one leg at a time + use regular plates)

As far as maintenance etc I dont know which one is better than the other... from a member perspective it probably wont matter which of the two you pick.
Z

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
If I were going to start up a small gym I would probably handpick a mix of different brands and get the best from each... buy them all used. Unless it's visually important to go with the same brand, same color etc and you might get a better deal buying a whole 'set'.
Nautilus got some good ones, Hammer got some good ones... Hammer, at least their old models take up quite a lot of space... a leg extension for example is HUGE (but the benefit is that you can work one leg at a time + use regular plates)

As far as maintenance etc I dont know which one is better than the other... from a member perspective it probably wont matter which of the two you pick.

thats the first post ive read of yours and agree with.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:31:24 AM »

good post stud.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
Plan for my gym calls for little machines.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »
consider your demograph. if there is a mix of bodybuilders and house wives you may want to use a lot of selectorized machines. the guys tend to leave 4 or 5 plates on the machines and it is pretty hard for the women to remove them. pulling a pin and resetting it is way easier.

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:36:56 AM »
consider your demograph. if there is a mix of bodybuilders and house wives you may want to use a lot of selectorized machines. the guys tend to leave 4 or 5 plates on the machines and it is pretty hard for the women to remove them. pulling a pin and resetting it is way easier.

What is the majority of your clientel?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »
Plan for my gym calls for little machines.
of course, you have to be able to reach them. ;D

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »
of course, you have to be able to reach them. ;D

Aaaahahahahahaha >:(

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
What is the majority of your clientel?

40 percent female. alot of professional people. but of course when someone tours for the first time they forget the 50-75 normal people working out and remember everyone looking like the 4-5 powerlifters in the corner. lol

Hustle2muscles

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 08:42:39 AM »
What is the majority of your clientele?

Housewive , High School and University Students . ( Living in Japan Schools here don't have Gym )

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 08:45:41 AM »
If I were going to start up a small gym I would probably handpick a mix of different brands and get the best from each... buy them all used.

Bluto as usual paying close attention, as i've posted this over and over on the training board for years.

For a non-BB demo getting different new brands in order to get "better" machines means squat, and multiplies the costs involved since they're not bought in bulk. Also increases potential servicing and parts replacement issues as no one vendor may be able to cover them under a service cotract.

As far as buying dispirate brands used, then you've got less appeal to the casual user with worn equipment, and again questions on parts replacement and servicing issues with older machines.

As far as hammer or nautilus the latter seems to be more expensive, with no upside for the casual user. For Japan you'd really have to contact local distributors to see which brands are more popular and less expensive.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »
Eleiko.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »
I'd go with nautilus...better for casual clientele which is where it's at rather than a few lifters ...

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 10:24:12 AM »
Bluto as usual paying close attention, as i've posted this over and over on the training board for years.

For a non-BB demo getting different new brands in order to get "better" machines means squat, and multiplies the costs involved since they're not bought in bulk. Also increases potential servicing and parts replacement issues as no one vendor may be able to cover them under a service cotract.

As far as buying dispirate brands used, then you've got less appeal to the casual user with worn equipment, and again questions on parts replacement and servicing issues with older machines.

As far as hammer or nautilus the latter seems to be more expensive, with no upside for the casual user. For Japan you'd really have to contact local distributors to see which brands are more popular and less expensive.

What made you come to the conclusion that the Bowflex was better than Hammer or Nautilus?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
What made you come to the conclusion that the Bowflex was better than Hammer or Nautilus?

Actually they're all intertwined you knucklehead. Bowflex owns Nautilus, Hammer was started by the son of the originator of Nautilus. ;)

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »
Actually they're all intertwined you knucklehead. Bowflex owns Nautilus, Hammer was started by the son of the originator of Nautilus. ;)

I know that.....why just the Bowflex?

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:26 AM »
my favorite two companies: Barbells and Dumbbells

and WWW.Musclefurs.com
Ta ta nerds!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
and WWW.Musclefurs.com

different guy killer, not me, learn to read next time  ;)

but nice try

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »

Don't plagiarize Bluto.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
different guy killer, not me, learn to read next time  ;)

but nice try

Hyper sensitive when it comes to sexuality hey?

Confused, I get it.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »
Hyper sensitive when it comes to sexuality hey?

Confused, I get it.

ta ta

only when someone tries to send me to a gay site do i interject my own sexual preference. Well not only...but you get the idea. I even found an avator for mr. magoo to try to stop the confusion, does it help any? I doubt it, but oh well. To get this thread back on topic, I never knew it was Arthur Jones's son that made Hammer Strength machines.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

I agree .... there are some hammer strength machines that suck and alot are and some nautilus machines that suck (more than less) and a few good ones. After you spend your younger years doing free weights and building a base, switching over to the two aforementioned machines will let you lift for a longer time.
L

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
only when someone tries to send me to a gay site do i interject my own sexual preference. Well not only...but you get the idea. I even found an avator for mr. magoo to try to stop the confusion, does it help any? I doubt it, but oh well. To get this thread back on topic, I never knew it was Arthur Jones's son that made Hammer Strength machines.
in the closet meltdown.