Author Topic: UAW: TARP is 'only resolution'  (Read 1038 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
UAW: TARP is 'only resolution'
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »
United Autoworkers union calls on Bush administration to use funds from the $700 billion Wall Street bailout to save the auto industry.

The United Auto Workers union said it is encouraged by the White House's decision to consider rescuing troubled auto companies by using funds set aside to bail out Wall Street.

"We do appreciate the positive statement that was released by the White House this morning that says they are reviewing all options that are necessary -including TARP - to help the industry," said UAW President Ron Gettelfinger.

A legislative plan to provide $14 billion in stopgap loans died in the Senate late Thursday night. On Friday morning, the Bush administration -- shifting its long-held view -- said it might use its authority to give automakers their bailout from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program funding.

Gettelfinger said the auto industry remains in peril, and criticized the government for being slow to react. He lambasted Senate Republicans for rejecting what he said was a bipartisan restructuring of the auto industry that the UAW agreed to.

"Now, the only resolution is for Treasury to use TARP funds," Gettelfinger said. "UAW calls on Secretary of the Treasury Paulson or the Federal Reserve to use their authority to prevent the imminent collapse of auto companies and the devastating consequences that would follow."

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: UAW: TARP is 'only resolution'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
Fuck the UAW and fuck the Big 3.

They both played a role in shaping the turd that is the modern US auto industry.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:27:20 AM »
Fuck the UAW and fuck the Big 3.

They both played a role in shaping the turd that is the modern US auto industry.

Dont tell that to the Union lackeys who want people making 43.00 an hour bailing those making 73 an hour.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
I never thought I would say this, but I seriouisly hope the Big 3 go bankrupt.

AFTER republicans get back in power though... The Dems would just make the taxpayers pick up the union costs....

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
I'm all in favor of bailing out the American automakers and buying time for them to get their shit together.  In fact they were minutes away from doing so.  It's not like the Republicans were no way in hell going to do it.  They wanted concessions.  I agree with that.  However, Congress has spoken and this is how American democracy works and this is legislated by the Constitution.  If President Bush and the Executive goes around Conress and uses TARP funds to do this it's completely wrong and unConstitutional.  But knowing Bush and his record it would suprise me if that's what the dipshit does. 

genfreak

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »
only idiots want to see the big 3 fail .                                                                                                                                                                                  and we dont make 72.00 an hour moron that is the operating cost counting retirees pensions and the reason foreign cars wages are lower is that the pulled out of there countries and fucked there own.                                                                                                                                                                                  so shut the fuck up about what you dont know and bag my fuckin groceries.                                       
god bless the uaw

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:01:15 PM »
only idiots want to see the big 3 fail .                                                                                                                                                                                  and we dont make 72.00 an hour moron that is the operating cost counting retirees pensions and the reason foreign cars wages are lower is that the pulled out of there countries and fucked there own.                                                                                                                                                                                  so shut the fuck up about what you dont know and bag my fuckin groceries.                                       
god bless the uaw

HAHAHAHA

Textbook union dipshit! Can't even spell and put a coherent sentence together... Yet thinks he deserves $72/hr or whatever...

Why would God bless you fucktards? Because you make cars? Get the fuggoutta here....

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »

HAHAHAHA

Textbook union dipshit! Can't even spell and put a coherent sentence together... Yet thinks he deserves $72/hr or whatever...

Why would God bless you fucktards? Because you make cars? Get the fuggoutta here....

He's right and you are wrong.  The devastation this country will experience if the Big 3 go away is almost beyond comprehension and could trigger a world-wide crisis.

I'm glad you are comfortable with the destruction of millions of peoples's lives.

You're outlook is incredibly short-sighted.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
He's right and you are wrong.  The devastation this country will experience if the Big 3 go away is almost beyond comprehension and could trigger a world-wide crisis.

I'm glad you are comfortable with the destruction of millions of peoples's lives.

Well, if the Big 3 are unwilling to restructure in order to be viable, then screw em.  They deserve to go away.

By all figures, the Big 3, need about 100 billion to stay alive, not 15 billion. 

The 15 billion gets them through January.  Than what????

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:24:01 AM »

I don't think anybody wants to see the Big 3 fail, as was insinuated by the UAW meathead up above.  I don't.  What I do want is for them to restructure themselves to be more competitive and bottom line, produce higher-quality cars more efficiently.  They've gotten so bloated and inefficient over the years.

I mean it's great that they take care of their employees and retirees and give generous pay and bonuses to their execs, but they need to strike a balance there that allows them to operate within their means and not become a black hole of money.  And again, bottom line, if their cars are crap nobody is going to buy them and all the employee pay issues are pretty much moot.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »
god bless the uaw

It's not the fault of the American taxpayer that the asshats in Detroit built crap and it's not their responsibility to bail them (or any failing business) out.

But you're a knob gobbling tool so of course you don't see it that way.

Now kindly piss off and go back to holding some UAW asshat's beltloop like the bitch you are.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »

If I were to lose my job, I'd bet not a one of those 'millions' of people would give a shit.

They chose that career, if it goes bye-bye, then SOL kids....

The only people devastated would be the union line workers. Everyone else would adapt.