Author Topic: To those who believe Dorian owns Ronnie:Have u ever seen Dorian competing?  (Read 2564 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Of course directly.
And I have seen him competing directly 1994 and 1996.

And I say

Dorian is not in the league of Ronnie.
Best Ronnie was from the outer space.
No competition.

Now I want to be criticized about my opinion by the people who has seen Dorian competing directly ONLY.
Are there anyone else here?

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: To those who believe Dorian owns Ronnie:Have u ever seen Dorian competing?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »
I would have loved to have seen Dorian comete - I was just finishing university when Dorian was competing in the Olympias and I had just joined Temple Gym in 1996. I had an opportunity to go and see him compete in the 97 Olympia in LA but I couldn't afford it at the time otherwise I would have gone.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
Of course directly.

And I say

No competition.

Now I want to be criticized about my opinion by the people who has seen Dorian competing directly ONLY.

I saw Doz 3 times. He was incredible. Never saw Ronnie at his best. You are entitled to your opinion and i Think ronnie at his best may well have beaten Dorian, however when you say no competition i cant agree. IMO it would have been a lot closer than you suggest.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
I would have loved to have seen Dorian comete - I was just finishing university when Dorian was competing in the Olympias and I had just joined Temple Gym in 1996. I had an opportunity to go and see him compete in the 97 Olympia in LA but I couldn't afford it at the time otherwise I would have gone.
I didnt see him competing in olympia. But I saw him in the Grand Prix Madrid in front of judges!!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »
I saw Doz 3 times. He was incredible. Never saw Ronnie at his best. You are entitled to your opinion and i Think ronnie at his best may well have beaten Dorian, however when you say no competition i cant agree. IMO it would have been a lot closer than you suggest.
I appericiate your opinion.

Dorian was a super bber of course. But 1996, Nasser was owning him from the front completely. All the audiences didnt like Dorians win because of it.
And Ronnie( first olympia with light weight) owned the best nasser from his front and back. So I think the answer is clear.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »
I appericiate your opinion.

Dorian was a super bber of course. But 1996, Nasser was owning him from the front completely. All the audiences didnt like Dorians win because of it.
And Ronnie( first olympia with light weight) owned the best nasser from his front and back. So I think the answer is clear.

Perhaps according to your personal preference, to which you are entitled, but such a position is contradicted by judging history, which is the method by which contests are determined.  By the same rationale as you're employing, one could easily conclude Yates as being far superior from having handily defeated all comers, which includes Coleman (every single time), as well as those that defeated Coleman (while in their respective primes).  Coleman had many close calls against lesser competition (also losing twice while champion), while Yates never broke a sweat in defeating higher caliber competitors; retiring with an 88% winning percentage.  Indeed, the answer is clear, there are just those that seek to  muddy the waters.  That being said, the entire debate comes down to supposition.  The only real definitive truth, is that in head to head competition, Ronnie was never remotely close to Dorian.  That we know.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
Perhaps according to your personal preference, but such a position is contradicted by judging history, which is the method by which contests are determined.  By the same rationale as you're employing, one could easily conclude Yates as being far superior from having handily defeated all comers, which includes Coleman, as well as those that defeated Coleman.  Coleman had many close calls against lesser competition (also losing twice while champion), while Yates never broke a sweat in defeating higher caliber competitors; retiring with an 88% winning percentage.  Indeed, the answer is clear, there are just those that seek to  muddy the waters. 
Yes. Exactly. Here I dont want to talk who was greater.

I am only doing the competiton of the physic of Best version Dorian VS Best version Ronnie. thats it.
I know that Dorian was in his best condition constantly unlike ronnie.
But again, here lets talk about the physic of Best version Dorian VS Best version Ronnie.

And I am judging it based on Mass, cuts and shape. Thats it.
If I think about another point, I have tendency of putting my preference in it as you say.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
Yes. Exactly. Here I dont want to talk who was greater.

I am only doing the competiton of the physic of Best version Dorian VS Best version Ronnie. thats it.
I know that Dorian was in his best condition constantly unlike ronnie.
But again, here lets talk about the physic of Best version Dorian VS Best version Ronnie.

And I am judging it based on Mass, cuts and shape. Thats it.
If I think about another point, I have tendency of putting my preference in it as you say.

It's always going to be subjective, as we don't have the ability to place Dorian on stage against post 1997 Ronnie.  It also depends upon what criteria one is going by.  A person's own personal criteria of what constitutes the better physique, or actual IFBB judging guidelines.  It is my belief that a 1995 Dorian would easily defeat a 1998 Ronnie.  Dorian would be a full 10 pounds heavier, with greater density, along with bone dry conditioning.  As Ronnie got bigger through the years, he sacrificed a lot in the area of conditioning.  Would his inevitable advantage in shear mass have been enough to eclipse Dorian's overall combination of mass and extreme conditioning?  We'll never know for sure.  The closest we could get is if the question were posed to actual judges who judged both men while in their respective primes. 

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Of course directly.

And I say

No competition.

saw them both, Yates was more complete and better more times.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
saw them both, Yates was more complete and better more times.

hahaha nice bump out of desperation! 8)

ps your opinion is incorrect. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

Tatyana

• Getbig III
I just really like Dorian as he was so modest, he isn't an emotional basket case, and he kept his head down and just put in the work.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Of course directly.

And I say

No competition.

Well said!  1993 Dorian was probably the closest and even then I would say not really.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Well said!  1993 Dorian was probably the closest and even then I would say not really.

not really is right. even his signature lat shot gets crushed.

Ronnie 1995 wasn't winning Mr. Olympias, which is something a lot of the nuthuggers seem to forget..
Flower Boy Ran Away

lax

• Getbig IV
Of course directly.

And I say

No competition.

I've seen Dorian guest pose about 15 years ago...he was in top, competition shape

I have seen Ronnie guest pose, looking like a porcine, bloated bag of unmistakeable fat

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
I just really like Dorian as he was so modest, he isn't an emotional basket case, and he kept his head down and just put in the work.

keeping your head down is not an alpha male quality.