Author Topic: Why the hell does Nogueria still have a title?  (Read 735 times)

Dball

Why the hell does Nogueria still have a title?
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »
He is still the interem champ??  Even though the champ got beaten already?  The interem champ is where the champ can't, or in this case wouldn't, defend his belt.  So basically the fight between Nog and Sylvia was for the 2nd best HW, since Couture had the belt.  why didn't they take the "interem" belt away from Nog when Randy came back?  Or hell, tell Randy that he gave up his place in line, in effect, and make Nog the champ.  How can you have a champ and a interem champ at the same time?  That's like having a belt for being the official number one contender.  Makes no sense.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Why the hell does Nogueria still have a title?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »
He is still the interem champ??  Even though the champ got beaten already?  The interem champ is where the champ can't, or in this case wouldn't, defend his belt.  So basically the fight between Nog and Sylvia was for the 2nd best HW, since Couture had the belt.  why didn't they take the "interem" belt away from Nog when Randy came back?  Or hell, tell Randy that he gave up his place in line, in effect, and make Nog the champ.  How can you have a champ and a interem champ at the same time?  That's like having a belt for being the official number one contender.  Makes no sense.

It was Dana's way of getting more cash for 3 PPV's... dude is damn smart, all of the old fight fans think it's bullshit from what I have heard and read, but hey Dana is about that cash and he is getting it for sure..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why the hell does Nogueria still have a title?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »
thank tito ortiz for that,when tito was ducking chuck afew years back dana knew chuck was the new face of the ufc,so to force ortiz to fight or give up his belt they made a interem belt/champ.thats when randy fought chuck and beat him,then randy called out ortiz after he beat chuck and said(tito,i dont know if your in the house,but if you want this belt your gonna have to come and take it).i might be mistaken but i think this is where all the interem belt stuff started.ive always liked tito but after the chuck duck i lost a little respect for him.everyone knew when tito and chuck trained together chuck got the better of tito,chuck use to go to big bear to help tito get ready for a title fight for acouple months,chuck hit tito with a body shot and floored tito,dana just happen to be there and started yelling at tito to get up,he was calling tito a pussy and saying your the champ get your ass up and fight.one of my old thai coaches from the late 90,s writes for full contact fighter magazine,his name is tom d,he use to go up to big bear alot to interview fighters and saw tito getting owned by chuck in striking and wrestling.i miss training with him cause i use to know stuff before it even hit the internet mma sites,id always post the new info and everyone would call bullshit on it,then afew days later its all over the net mma sites.for awhile there i had the ultimate source of mma news.
R