Author Topic: Onlyme question  (Read 4530 times)

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Onlyme question
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
Haha. I couldn't even squat that. Amazing!  :o

I couldn't squat, bench, or dead what he could curl.   :-\

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »
I can verify Keith's lifts and also inform one and all that he knows a hell of a lot of good people and has done more for those less fortunate with no financial remuneration or publicity, unlikely many others I know who won't pitch in to lend a helping hand unless someone is there with a checkbook or covering the event in the news.  No names will be mentioned but that's a fact and Keith knows who they are too damn well.

As for cameras during Arnold's time, he thrived on photos when he looked good and the physique photographers were usually there to cover his training. Arty Zeller was one in particular and there were many others whom I never met or ever heard about.

Arnold on the covers sold enough magazines so Keith was never in much demand by the Weider bros.

Needless to say. Weider never needed photos of Keith no matter how many hundred of pounds he out-lifted Arnold.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »
I have always had cameras but never recorded any record attempts done in the gym. Like Keith said, we didn't need proof. I don't even have a movie of my posing routines. Digital cameras make it much easier to take photos and not waste money on film. Still, I don't see too many people taking photos of guys lifting unless it is a contest. Those of us who didn't enter powerlifting contests just did our lifts in the gym with one or two guys spotting.

The funny thing about the internet is there is no way to prove or falsify any statement. Even if someone supported what we said or did others could claim they were gimmicks, etc.

Keith once beat John Breznk in arm wrestling.  Now, that is some feat. John is the best arm wrestler of all time. Most guys on Getbig with 14 and 15 inch arms dream of benching 250 or maybe 300 pounds. I mean, would they believe anyone has actually done over 500?!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
I have always had cameras but never recorded any record attempts done in the gym. Like Keith said, we didn't need proof. I don't even have a movie of my posing routines. Digital cameras make it much easier to take photos and not waste money on film. Still, I don't see too many people taking photos of guys lifting unless it is a contest. Those of us who didn't enter powerlifting contests just did our lifts in the gym with one or two guys spotting.

The funny thing about the internet is there is no way to prove or falsify any statement. Even if someone supported what we said or did others could claim they were gimmicks, etc.

Keith once beat John Breznk in arm wrestling.  Now, that is some feat. John is the best arm wrestler of all time. Most guys on Getbig with 14 and 15 inch arms dream of benching 250 or maybe 300 pounds. I mean, would they believe anyone has actually done over 500?!

You getting addled my antipodean poster?  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
Chimps,what in hell did you do,swallow a thesaurus!  LOL :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »
I have always had cameras but never recorded any record attempts done in the gym. Like Keith said, we didn't need proof.color]

Yeah Vince, we are so unfortunate to have missed the oportunity to see you bust out 3 shaky reps with 185 on the bench press....

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:51 PM »
they didn't have cameras back in the days of Arnold either.

Wow let me explain this one to you (since it is obvious you lack quite a but in the brain)  See he was a bodybuilder who made his living posing in front of the camera and training.  See the difference or are you truly that ignorant.  If not I am sorry for you even more than I am now.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
Yip Keith comes across as a Very Matter of fact person..........take it or leave it, and its quiet obvious he was a very strong powerful bloke who just call's it as he see's it, and has done alot in his time (prime yrs) anyway all the best with getting yr health and weight under control again Keith.

Thanks Johhny and Wes

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 12:52:36 AM »
onlyme seems like a cool guy,basiclly just be respectful with him and hell be respectful towards you,pretty simple.hes been there and done that and should get the credit for it,i think its cool to hear his back in the day stories.ive never seen him be a dick to someone who wasnt a dick to him first,i guess in keiths defense it can get frustrating when some of these little obnoxiuos worms on here call him a liar about his past credentials and encounters.he always has reputable people co signing for him on here so i dont know why people keep doubting the man
R

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 01:00:41 AM »
onlyme seems like a cool guy,basiclly just be respectful with him and hell be respectful towards you,pretty simple.hes been there and done that and should get the credit for it,i think its cool to hear his back in the day stories.ive never seen him be a dick to someone who wasnt a dick to him first,i guess in keiths defense it can get frustrating when some of these little obnoxiuos worms on here call him a liar about his past credentials and encounters.he always has reputable people co signing for him on here so i dont know why people keep doubting the man

Hey, there always has to be someone.  I have no problems with them though.  They are just inexperienced and sheltered.  I find it amazing how many people on here talk shit yet they have never been in a gym or live in some town or village where they are the best there is.  Like AssHoleLick.  He must live in some retard colony set aside by the government.  That's the only explanation to his stupidity.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »
Very impressive Keith and I feel, unlike a lot of people,  you are being very honest about your lifts and not exagerating. They are especially good considering the minute amount of test involved.
That was 200mg of cyp a day not a week , so not minute.
Not taking anything away from big keith cos he is indeed a muthafukin animal and power house and its more than just drugs that had him lift those amounts..
If I ran that amount of test I doubt Id be able to lift what he did, the big fulla has my respect.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 01:58:43 AM »
Keith is a get big legend.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »
one word:
  Spider  ;D
A

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 02:14:39 AM »
I remember OnlyMe back in the day when I lived in the Torrance/Redondo Beach area. He's the real deal, bitches. Show respect.

BTW Keith, I thought you mentioned once that you did a cycle where you shot an amp of sus every other day to gauge the effect and was at your strongest. 200mg/wk test cyp is just barely over HRT (which I think is around 100-150mg/wk)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:28 AM »
I remember OnlyMe back in the day when I lived in the Torrance/Redondo Beach area. He's the real deal, bitches. Show respect.

BTW Keith, I thought you mentioned once that you did a cycle where you shot an amp of sus every other day to gauge the effect and was at your strongest. 200mg/wk test cyp is just barely over HRT (which I think is around 100-150mg/wk)
Keith has said he ran 200mg a day for 6 months when he hung with the barbarians..Im sure he will confirm this..sorry if that info is wrong Keith.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 03:04:06 AM »
Keith is a get big legend.

dude is the real deal

he lived more in 10 years than 10 years of 100 people combined on here....some wallys on here never leave the backwater of Ohio or Missouri or whatever fuck they grew up

Q.  Where you in Hawaii when Arnold did his short stint?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:46 AM »
That was 200mg of cyp a day not a week , so not minute.
Not taking anything away from big keith cos he is indeed a muthafukin animal and power house and its more than just drugs that had him lift those amounts..
If I ran that amount of test I doubt Id be able to lift what he did, the big fulla has my respect.

Kind of.  I benched 500 at 248 in 82 or 83.  Totally drug free at the Original World Gym.  I was also won the Nationals in 83' drug free.  I did start until I was told by every other armwrestler that EVERYONE takes steroids in that sport and if I was that strong and good not taking them if I took them I would kick ass.  Also, almost 10 years later I was still benching over 500 and inclined the highest I ever have at 505.  In fact up until the summer of 2006 I was BNP 315 for reps and benching 405 for reps.  That is 20 years after taking anything.  I have gone done in strength where benching 225 was hard and then one month later I am back up to doing 315 for reps easy.  I am lucky cause I think I have good muscle memory.  I know the Test helped me alot though.  It got me heavier and stronger and harder. 

I didn't do a cycle, I did maybe a few shots over a two week period or something like that but I almost immediately started getting zits on my back.  I have usually very smooth and tan skin so they stuck out and I quit immediately.  Plus the girlfriend I had at that time noticed them very fast and said something. 

Keith has said he ran 200mg a day for 6 months when he hung with the barbarians..Im sure he will confirm this..sorry if that info is wrong Keith.

No I wasn't around them when I was on.  I hung around them when I moved to Hawaii.  It was around 90' or so when we started to hang around and mostly while in Hawaii.  I trained with them a few times in LA when I visited.  So, it was quite few years after I was off is when I trained with them and they told me I was one of the only people who could keep up with them.  And I wasn't as strong as I was before.  The hardest thing we did that I felt was the lateral raises (DB). We would start at 60's or 70's and do 4 to 6 reps, then go down at 5 lb increments and slightly raise the number of reps.  SO by the time we were down to the 5 lb dumbells we had to do them 25 times.  It was hilarious watching us (how big we were) doing 5 lb DB's and struggling so hard with them where we barely did them.  People who just walked in or didn't see us from the beginning thought we were joking.  We did 2 sets of these and they killed me (us).  And you do not rest at all between sets.  It is unreal.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
i trained through the late 80s/early 90's and there were alot more powerful lifters back then. guys that i knew used less gear and trained way harder. i won't even talk about the kind of lifts i witnessed, but i wish videocameras were acceptable back then. nobody videotaped workouts, they were there to train. i have know doubt that Keith was every bit as strong as he says, it just never occured to anyone back then to document it.

What did your PL buddies take back then, hazbin?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:39 AM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:52 PM »
What did your PL buddies take back then, hazbin?

i never really talked to them about what they used. myself, i would use whatever i could get cheap, and not much of it. 1991 was my biggest and strongest and nobody would believe how little i was taking.  years later, i used way more, but my head wasn't into hard training and i never got back the size and strength i had with low dose and crazy intense workouts.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
Keith, tell us more about the barbarians!!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
i never really talked to them about what they used. myself, i would use whatever i could get cheap, and not much of it. 1991 was my biggest and strongest and nobody would believe how little i was taking.  years later, i used way more, but my head wasn't into hard training and i never got back the size and strength i had with low dose and crazy intense workouts.

The drive wasnt there no more, heh?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »

The drive wasnt there no more, heh?

no, i bought a gym in 1992 and pretty much just trained off and on since