Author Topic: Marines Establish Military Presence in San Bernardino County, California  (Read 1127 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
The Marine Corps Air and Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) Provost Marshal (head of a unit of military police) and the local California Highway Patrol office will begin working together 12/12 — and through the holiday season — in a joint effort to reduce accidents and drinking and driving. The combined mutual cooperation between the Marine Corps Military Police and State enforcement officers will begin somewhere along Highway 62. The CHP will set up DUI roadblocks with the presence of Military Police. A violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Gary Daigneault discussed the ramifications of this joint effort today on his 107.7 F.M. Talk Back show. Mr. Daigneault and his callers seemed to be very concerned. On its face, one may think this is a good idea. But it’s not. I agree with Mr. Daigneault and his callers. Most of which seemed to think this is a very bad idea. Mr. Daigneault contacted a Constitutional Law expert, and the attorney informed him this is absolutely unconstitutional. It’s NOT permitted under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, 8 U.S.C. § 1385. It’s my understanding that the Constitutional Law expert said CHP officers could be arrested out there working with the Military Police because it’s a “felony.”

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
It's Ok...it's for your own good!!!  ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
Hahaha, C'mon now Mr. Liberal...

You are more worried about the constitutionality of Marines helping mitigate drunk drivers than you are about the drunk drivers!

Classic liberal 'ignoring the purpose and focusing on the technicalities'

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I fundamentally don't think its a good idea. 

What they should do is hire more cops.  Not that California has the money  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hahaha, C'mon now Mr. Liberal...

You are more worried about the constitutionality of Marines helping mitigate drunk drivers than you are about the drunk drivers!

Classic liberal 'ignoring the purpose and focusing on the technicalities'

Well, the thing is... it just takes a stroke of the pen for their purpose to be changed.

That's why people are against things like cameras all over cities, ID cards, RFID chips, etc.  They're harmless when not abused.  But should a president decide to abuse his powers, the tools are there to facilitate it.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Well, the thing is... it just takes a stroke of the pen for their purpose to be changed.

That's why people are against things like cameras all over cities, ID cards, RFID chips, etc.  They're harmless when not abused.  But should a president decide to abuse his powers, the tools are there to facilitate it.

Exactly...like this isn't unconstitutional in the first place.  That's OK though, we'll just ignore the Constitution for when the situation allows us to.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Exactly...like this isn't unconstitutional in the first place.  That's OK though, we'll just ignore the Constitution for when the situation allows us to.

It should be avoided at all costs.  It's not a good thing to establish. 

the military should only get involved in times of national emergency.   i hardly doubt drunk drivers constitute a national emergency

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

the military should only get involved in times of national emergency.   i hardly doubt drunk drivers constitute a national emergency

You're either with us, or against us.

Are you on the side of Freedom, or drunk drivers, OzmO?

OzmO

• Getbig V

You're either with us, or against us.

Are you on the side of Freedom, or drunk drivers, OzmO?

I'm a drunk driver lover and a lib to boot.   ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
The Marine Corps Air and Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) Provost Marshal (head of a unit of military police) and the local California Highway Patrol office will begin working together 12/12 — and through the holiday season — in a joint effort to reduce accidents and drinking and driving. The combined mutual cooperation between the Marine Corps Military Police and State enforcement officers will begin somewhere along Highway 62. The CHP will set up DUI roadblocks with the presence of Military Police. A violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Gary Daigneault discussed the ramifications of this joint effort today on his 107.7 F.M. Talk Back show. Mr. Daigneault and his callers seemed to be very concerned. On its face, one may think this is a good idea. But it’s not. I agree with Mr. Daigneault and his callers. Most of which seemed to think this is a very bad idea. Mr. Daigneault contacted a Constitutional Law expert, and the attorney informed him this is absolutely unconstitutional. It’s NOT permitted under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, 8 U.S.C. § 1385. It’s my understanding that the Constitutional Law expert said CHP officers could be arrested out there working with the Military Police because it’s a “felony.”

Unless the Military policy are investigating military personnel going back to their base, this is a bad idea.
Z

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Marines Establish Military Presence in San Bernardino County, California
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
I fundamentally don't think its a good idea. 

What they should do is hire more cops.  Not that California has the money  :-\

Bro, we are totally broke come March 2009.

Cali is in a world of hurt right now..

But thats ok, we the people just voted in like 3 trillion more in debt last november.....  so, whatever....

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »

But thats ok, we the people just voted in like 3 trillion more in debt last november.....  so, whatever....

We the people didn't vote for 3 trillion.  We the people elected representatives who are in the pocket of lobbyists, unions, special interest groups and big business.  AND they said, you better f-ing approve it.  And they did.

Having the military do police work in our own country is NOT the answer.  No matter what.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:22 AM »

the military should only get involved in times of national emergency.   i hardly doubt drunk drivers constitute a national emergency

I totally agree...my post was tongue in cheek.  I think this sets a very dangerous precedent, is totally unconstitutional, and is a waste of money.  Think about it, say you do get arrested for drunk driving by a Marine, just lawyer up and you should get off because it is against the law. 

Disclaimer: I DO NOT condone drunk driving.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 11:00:59 AM »
If you are not out driving drunk then you have nothing to worry about.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »
Or if you are sober, you might worry about the US constitution being violated. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
Ozmo, I drove thru your town the other day... and traffic royally sucked.  WTF?

Took me like over an hour to get by.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Ozmo, I drove thru your town the other day... and traffic royally sucked.  WTF?

Took me like over an hour to get by.

Yeah i know.   I deal with it just about everyday between 7-8 in the morning.  I guess when they get that construction done and open those car pool lanes it should help a lot.  I saw a big difference when they did it on the sunol grade by Fremont a few years back when i commuted to San Jose 1 day a week.

If it was yesterday in the morning it was because of a traffic accident at north texas street.  4 car pile up in the middle of the freeway.  I drove by it about 5 minutes after it happened.   ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »

That not all you voted for.
California used to be one of the biggest distribution and farming hubs in the US.
Your governor is about to change that will new vehicle requirements.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122930166102105501.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
Trucking groups argued that the cost of the rules approved Friday, about $5.4 billion, amounts to an excessive burden when the economy is mired in recession and truck revenues have dropped. The California Trucking Association, which represents 3,600 trucking firms operating 350,000 vehicles, urged the board to give truckers more time to comply.

But the board concluded that the state's air districts wouldn't meet federal air-quality standards without action now. Heavy-duty trucks are responsible for 32% of smog-forming emissions and 40% of diesel emissions from mobile sources, the air board found.

"This accelerates the cleanup of equipment on the road today," said Tom Cackette, the board's executive officer. The board estimates that 350,000 trucks will be replaced faster than normal because of the rule and that thousands of lives will be spared the health consequences of polluted air.

Even though newer trucks are cleaner, "waiting for the turnover to occur naturally just isn't fast enough," said Kathryn Phillips, head of the transportation and clean-air program for the Environmental Defense Fund, a nonprofit advocacy group. Other states could follow California's lead in restricting diesel emissions, Ms. Phillips said, including those with big pollution problems and large ports that are magnets for trucking activity. New York, Massachusetts and Texas have shown a particular interest in the California rules, she said.
Z

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
Yes, when things are collapsing financially, the best thing to do is force a bunch of new environmental regulations on businesses.

This is one of the wonders of living in a 'blue state'.