Author Topic: Deadlifting a car  (Read 6690 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Deadlifting a car
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 10:34:06 AM »
Was this pic taken at that party?
LOL. Bring me Solo and the Wookie!  ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
I used to do this with Honda cars back in the early 80's.  One day I was in Palm Springs and this super hot girl got out of her Honda to go in and eat at El Tarraza's(?) an mexican food restaurant right on Palm Canyon.  I was with several of my friends walking the blvd. like thousands of others did back then during the holiday.  I told them to watch and I put the entire car on the sidewalk.  Up over the curb and everything.  It bocked nearly the whole thing.  People are watching and everything.  I had several cop friends in Palm Springs back then so I wasn't ever worried about getting in trouble.  (another long story).  So anyway, we wait around till she comes out which was about 15 minutes or so not long.  She was with a couple other girls and they come out and she just stands there with her face in her hands.  I come over and ask her if she needed help.  Alot of the people there (regulars) called me Tarzan can I was built pretty good and I always wore shorts, no shirt and no shoes (only flip flops or barefoot which was really hard).  In fact a few of the restaurants including the one she was in had a shirt required policy and I had a shirt in the closet at them so I could eat there if I wanted.  Anyway, so I offer me help to this girl and she wanted it badly.  So I put the car back into the street and she was happy enough to meet me at a party at a house my friend was renting and we ended up together.  She was very very hot and I remember her telling me her dad played pro baseball a long time ago.  Her name was Crystal Sutton.  I will never forget her.  Sorry about the long story.  But I loved picking up those old Honda's
Did u explain this to her later? ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
I have a very strong desire to videotape myself picking up the back end of a car.  I've never tried, but think it would be a great challenge.

How many here have done it before?  Would you wear a back brace?  Gloves?
How much weight would you actually be moving?

Any other details?

i had a honda civic as a teenager.  i would pick up the back end all the time and park by sliding it over. overdid it one day and something popped. that was one of my most serious back injuries that still plague me today.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
i had a honda civic as a teenager.  i would pick up the back end all the time and park by sliding it over. overdid it one day and something popped. that was one of my most serious back injuries that still plague me today.

So you're saying I should move a Toyota, not a Honda?

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »
Once a week I have my guys take turns pushing my Durango 50 yards 5-8 times.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »

i couldn't even pick a honda bike anymore, lol.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »
240, if I recall correctly you are not exactly a monster. Can you even pull 405 lbs?  How the heck are you even entertaining lifting the back of a car?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
240, if I recall correctly you are not exactly a monster. Can you even pull 405 lbs?  How the heck are you even entertaining lifting the back of a car?

I got 405 jjuuuuuuuuuuust about all of the way up 2 days ago.

I just keep looking out my window and seeing this bumper, and it's just daring me.

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
I deadlifted a three whelled pickup truck in Florence italy.  I was in law school and lifted constantly.  I weighed about 225lbs and that was considered huge when being compared to the realitively small italian men.  All drunk walking down the street and my buddy dared me to try.  I picked up the rear of the truck at the bumper.  The front wheel truned and the truck rolled onto its side.  It was hiarious! Ooops

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »
240, start with a Smart Car and work your way up.  :)
:D Weee

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
If you lift it at the rear bumper it's not that hard. At least not with a opel corsa.  ;D

Really? I've got an Opel Corsa (in the UK they're called Vauxhall Corsa) and I've tried it for a laugh by doing an underhand grip on the rear bumper and it wouldn't budge.  :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
imagine being in an accident with one of those things, you would die if you hit a kid on a tricycle.
L

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »
imagine being in an accident with one of those things, you would die if you hit a kid on a tricycle.
I know.  Mike and I saw some vehicle even smaller.  Looked similar but had handlebars, lol.  :-X
:D Weee

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
I used to do this with Honda cars back in the early 80's.  One day I was in Palm Springs and this super hot girl got out of her Honda to go in and eat at El Tarraza's(?) an mexican food restaurant right on Palm Canyon.  I was with several of my friends walking the blvd. like thousands of others did back then during the holiday.  I told them to watch and I put the entire car on the sidewalk.  Up over the curb and everything.  It bocked nearly the whole thing.  People are watching and everything.  I had several cop friends in Palm Springs back then so I wasn't ever worried about getting in trouble.  (another long story).  So anyway, we wait around till she comes out which was about 15 minutes or so not long.  She was with a couple other girls and they come out and she just stands there with her face in her hands.  I come over and ask her if she needed help.  Alot of the people there (regulars) called me Tarzan can I was built pretty good and I always wore shorts, no shirt and no shoes (only flip flops or barefoot which was really hard).  In fact a few of the restaurants including the one she was in had a shirt required policy and I had a shirt in the closet at them so I could eat there if I wanted.  Anyway, so I offer me help to this girl and she wanted it badly.  So I put the car back into the street and she was happy enough to meet me at a party at a house my friend was renting and we ended up together.  She was very very hot and I remember her telling me her dad played pro baseball a long time ago.  Her name was Crystal Sutton.  I will never forget her.  Sorry about the long story.  But I loved picking up those old Honda's

Nobody cares, Hope this helps

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »

Dang, Keef looks like he's dropped about 300 pounds in that pic, Laura.  8)

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »

You must have been dying for some attention

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »
You must have been dying for some attentionbig greasy cheeseburgers
fixed

AVBG

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »

start with a Schwinn 10 speed

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

hahaha.

240, just go outside and try it. i usedto try it all the time, its incredibly hard and even if you lift the body up getting the wheels off the ground is impossible unless you are a monster.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »
Nobody cares, Hope this helps

You are right nobody cares about you.  Sorry to hear that but probably deserved.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
We used to pick up my friends Volkswagen beetle at school and leave it on the curb and wait for the principal to call him to the office!! I miss them days ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »
I have a very strong desire to videotape myself picking up the back end of a car.  I've never tried, but think it would be a great challenge.

How many here have done it before?  Would you wear a back brace?  Gloves?
How much weight would you actually be moving?

Any other details?

I hack squatted a Geo Tracker.  Posted the video a while back, but it's gone now.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=106273.0;wap2
S

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »
You must have been dying for some attention

Always.  The only thing though is I got it all the time.  Never had to look for it.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 11:59:17 PM »
Really? I've got an Opel Corsa (in the UK they're called Vauxhall Corsa) and I've tried it for a laugh by doing an underhand grip on the rear bumper and it wouldn't budge.  :-\

Did you try it with the hatchback or the sedan model?

Sedan = easier.