Author Topic: Drug Sniffing Dog Makes Steroid Bust at Mexican Border  (Read 7056 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Drug Sniffing Dog Makes Steroid Bust at Mexican Border
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:44:37 PM »
A drug sniffing dog was apparently responsible for a steroid bust at the Mexican border in El Paso on December 12, 2008. A United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stopped a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer at the primary border inspection booth on the Paso del Norte Bridge in El Paso after the driver appeared unusually nervous. A drug sniffing dog named “Shadow” detected steroids carefully concealed inside the dashboard of the Trailblazer during a secondary inspection. Juan Carlos Castillo was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents and held without bond in the El Paso County Jail for attempting to smuggle 150 vials of anabolic steroids into the United States (”Steroids in dashboard and pot in fuel tanks busted by agents,” December 15).

The steroid seizure was made early Friday evening when a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer entered the downtown Paso Del Norte international crossing from Mexico. A CBP officer at the primary inspection booth noticed that the driver was nervous during a routine interview so the vehicle was selected for a secondary exam.  During the secondary inspection, CBP drug sniffing dog “Shadow” alerted to the dashboard of the vehicle. CBP officers continued their exam and discovered bundles of anabolic steroids concealed in the dashboard.  CBP officers removed a total of 150 vials of steroids from the dashboard compartment.

The steroid stash consisted of steroids manufactured in Mexico and sold under the brand names XT Labs and Astrovet Veterinarian Products. Astrovet and XT Labs are two of the many relatively new brands of anabolic steroids originating in Mexico that have replaced the void left by Operation Gear Grinder. Operation Gear Grinder temporarily disrupted the illicit United States steroid trade by shutting down eight Mexican companies that accounted for an estimated 82% of the black market steroid trade. The Operation targeted Quality Vet, Denkall and Animal Power, Laboratorios Tornel, Laboratorios Brovel, Pet’s Pharma, Syd Group and Loeffler.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Re: Drug Sniffing Dog Makes Steroid Bust at Mexican Border
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:27:26 AM »
Great news  :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 06:05:40 AM »
I was gonna use the money I made selling to pay off my 2002 chevy trailblazer :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 06:06:53 AM »
Shadow sounds like a rat to me.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 06:11:59 AM »
Shadow sounds like a rat to me.

Fuckin mutt had his nose in my crotch the whole time >:(

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »
I'm sure the dog found the pot not the roids. The roids probably were found when the officers tore the blazer apart after the dog sniffed the pot.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:15:05 AM »
good to see "The Shadow" is doing well.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
The dog sniffed the pot and then they found the other stuff.  They cant sniff for oil in a glass vial.   It gives off no scent

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
A drug sniffing dog was apparently responsible for a steroid bust at the Mexican border in El Paso on December 12, 2008. A United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stopped a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer at the primary border inspection booth on the Paso del Norte Bridge in El Paso after the driver appeared unusually nervous. A drug sniffing dog named “Shadow” detected steroids carefully concealed inside the dashboard of the Trailblazer during a secondary inspection. Juan Carlos Castillo was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents and held without bond in the El Paso County Jail for attempting to smuggle 150 vials of anabolic steroids into the United States (”Steroids in dashboard and pot in fuel tanks busted by agents,” December 15).

The steroid seizure was made early Friday evening when a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer entered the downtown Paso Del Norte international crossing from Mexico. A CBP officer at the primary inspection booth noticed that the driver was nervous during a routine interview so the vehicle was selected for a secondary exam.  During the secondary inspection, CBP drug sniffing dog “Shadow” alerted to the dashboard of the vehicle. CBP officers continued their exam and discovered bundles of anabolic steroids concealed in the dashboard.  CBP officers removed a total of 150 vials of steroids from the dashboard compartment.

The steroid stash consisted of steroids manufactured in Mexico and sold under the brand names XT Labs and Astrovet Veterinarian Products. Astrovet and XT Labs are two of the many relatively new brands of anabolic steroids originating in Mexico that have replaced the void left by Operation Gear Grinder. Operation Gear Grinder temporarily disrupted the illicit United States steroid trade by shutting down eight Mexican companies that accounted for an estimated 82% of the black market steroid trade. The Operation targeted Quality Vet, Denkall and Animal Power, Laboratorios Tornel, Laboratorios Brovel, Pet’s Pharma, Syd Group and Loeffler.

Is there a rule against give proper accreditation to the author of articles and the website that published them?

Seriously, I'm flattered that some feel my articles are worth sharing - and I actually encourage everyone to spread the information. But a hat tip would be nice too  ;)

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2008/12/15/steroid-sniffing-dog-makes-steroid-bust-at-mexican-border/
SteroidEducation.com

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
I'm sure the dog found the pot not the roids. The roids probably were found when the officers tore the blazer apart after the dog sniffed the pot.

There was no pot involved.

Of course, it is possible that the gear came in contact with pot OR that the compartment was previously used to smuggle pot and the dog hit the marijuana smell.

But sniff dogs can be trained to hit practically anything - even steroids. Law enforcement has historically not wasted money on anything so trivial. But now that steroid prosecutions and penalties have escalated, law enforcement may have a few certified steroid sniff dogs now. I think the UK has documented the use of sniff dogs to hit on steroids (although given the legal status of possession, I'm not sure why they would bother).
SteroidEducation.com

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »
GOOOD SHIT!!!!! fuck these steroid dealing monkeys - drug free training rules

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
must have been the chilli pepper.

Oh...Monica!

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
Is there a rule against give proper accreditation to the author of articles and the website that published them?

Seriously, I'm flattered that some feel my articles are worth sharing - and I actually encourage everyone to spread the information. But a hat tip would be nice too  ;)

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2008/12/15/steroid-sniffing-dog-makes-steroid-bust-at-mexican-border/

I cant believe someones self esteem is so low they find it necessary to point that they did an article that they probably plagiarized from 41 other websites. 

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
There was no pot involved.

Go back and read the article. ;)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »
Shadow is a good dog.
A

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »
Go back and read the article. ;)

Try re-reading it more carefully.

There are two separate drug seizures discussed in the same article.

Juan Carlos Castillo --> busted for steroids (and ONLY steroids)

Einer Gerhardus Gil --> busted for pot
SteroidEducation.com

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
i wonder what test smells like

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 05:01:48 PM »
I Don't believe the Border Agents worried about Steroids every Fool on this site told me they don't worry about BB Drugs.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-\

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »
  the dog did not sniff out the steroids.. he zoned in on the pot and this gave le the ability to take the car apart.. that is where the gear was found..

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 07:08:39 AM »
  the dog did not sniff out the steroids.. he zoned in on the pot and this gave le the ability to take the car apart.. that is where the gear was found..
Thank you

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 07:14:14 AM »
DAMN!
There goes my pot dealer,my steroid dealer,and my pool cleaners >:(

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 07:19:21 AM »
What pot? They didn't find pot in the Trailblazer.
SteroidEducation.com

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »
  DRUG DOGS ARE NOT TRAINED AT SNIFFING OUT GEAR.. none.. they had to zone in on residue from previous trips if there was no pot in that particular vehicle.. a dog will not be trained to sniff out oils.. i have friends who have worked in canine and they would laugh at the idea of dogs being able to sniff out steroids..

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
  DRUG DOGS ARE NOT TRAINED AT SNIFFING OUT GEAR.. none.. they had to zone in on residue from previous trips if there was no pot in that particular vehicle.. a dog will not be trained to sniff out oils.. i have friends who have worked in canine and they would laugh at the idea of dogs being able to sniff out steroids..

Two issues:

(1) Can dogs be trained to sniff steroids?

(2) Are dogs trained to sniff steroids?

SteroidEducation.com

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 09:25:05 AM »

This is it.  The dogs can't smell roids. They are all aver the pot.