Author Topic: Top Gear- James May- The Future of motoring (Honda FCX Clarity Hydrogen)  (Read 1375 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

James May is the best. very good video from Top Gear

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Top Gear- James May- The Future of motoring (Honda FCX Clarity Hydrogen)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »
That guys a legend.  8)

Man i'm such a top gear freak... ;D
No doubt about it...

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:01:54 AM »
Amazing. can't wait to convert my hummers to hydrogen..

Until then, biodiesel.. ;D 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
Very interesting episode.

Leno has a pretty good garage... 8)
No doubt about it...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 08:02:21 AM »
This is why GM, Chrysler, (and possibly Ford) won’t make it.  Companies like Honda (and Toyota) have been investing in this kind of technology for many years and they have production cars to show for it.  Today!  Right now!  That is a sharp contrast to the vague promises of GM,C, & F.

Earlier test versions of electric and fuel cell vehicles have been seen around California for more than 10 years now.  I know because I have seen them.  If Honda is willing to show us this timeline… http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/fuel-cell-evolution.aspx  imagine what they are not showing us.  Ditto for Toyota.  Both companies have lots more going on in their R&D labs.  After all this time, does anyone really think the big three have anything similar going on? 

Chevy’s Volt is certainly a positive step but Honda has already leapfrogged it.  In addition to their sterling reputation with cars like the Accord and Civic, Honda also has the Civic hybrid, and the new Insight http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/ which is available in Spring 2009.  Then there is the Clarity!  If this isn’t “game over” for the big three, I don’t know what is.  Even with the release of the Clarity (in California) Honda is still refining and improving their fuel cell technology.  They will soon be able to drop that improved technology under the hood of ANY vehicle in their current lineup—including trucks & SUVs.

Contrast the reality of the FCX with the expressions of the 3 blind mice CEOs sitting before Congress and tell me who you have faith in...  ::)