Author Topic: Obama vs. Pelosi  (Read 1343 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama vs. Pelosi
« on: December 16, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »
In talks with White House chief of staff-designate Rahm Emanuel and others, Politico reports House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has "set parameters" for what she wants from the Obama administration: "no surprises, and no backdoor efforts to go around her and other Democratic leaders by cutting deals with moderate New Democrats or conservative Blue Dogs."

"Specifically, Pelosi has told Emanuel that she wants to know when representatives of the incoming administration have any contact with her rank-and-file Democrats -- and why."

Said one source: "Pelosi is not going to allow Obama to triangulate her. It's not going to happen to her."

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Obama vs. Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:53:43 AM »
Gee, I didn't know Nancy ran the show.  Good luck with that.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
Gee, I didn't know Nancy ran the show.  Good luck with that.
THAT WOMAN NEEDS TO SHUT HER MOUTH. She is speaker not el presidente

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
In talks with White House chief of staff-designate Rahm Emanuel and others, Politico reports House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has "set parameters" for what she wants from the Obama administration: "no surprises, and no backdoor efforts to go around her and other Democratic leaders by cutting deals with moderate New Democrats or conservative Blue Dogs."

"Specifically, Pelosi has told Emanuel that she wants to know when representatives of the incoming administration have any contact with her rank-and-file Democrats -- and why."

Said one source: "Pelosi is not going to allow Obama to triangulate her. It's not going to happen to her."

Ha ha.  This is going to be a disaster.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »

These idiots have no idea who they are dealing with.Obama is MUCH smarter then that lightweight and will prove it.I cant wait until she brings the fairness doctrine or some other stupid ass legislation and Obama vetos it.He is running shit in Washington NOT HER or that other retard Reid.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

What is she so afraid of? 
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
What is she so afraid of? 
What makes you think she is afraid?
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
Nancy Pelosi runs the house and in most cases is as powerful as the president.
She can set what bills go forward and how the house votes on them.
The only stopping her from running roughshod over everyone is that democrats don't believe in party loyalty.
How else can you explain the fact that a union friendly auto bailout didn't happen.
Z

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
SHE AINT NO,,,PALIN

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 05:59:29 AM »
Nancy Pelosi runs the house and in most cases is as powerful as the president.
She can set what bills go forward and how the house votes on them.
The only stopping her from running roughshod over everyone is that democrats don't believe in party loyalty.
How else can you explain the fact that a union friendly auto bailout didn't happen.

Uh...that bill was killed in the Senate, not the House.  Southern Republican Senators voted against it.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »
Uh...that bill was killed in the Senate, not the House.  Southern Republican Senators voted against it.
Uh there are more democrats in the senate then republicans.
Republicans couldn't kill it without dissenting democrats.

It is small fact that most democrats and many in the media seem to gloss over.

The fact remains that all bills go through the house.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »
SHE AINT NO,,,PALIN

Stretch Pelosi is a disgrace to Italo-Americans like myself.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »
Uh there are more democrats in the senate then republicans.
Republicans couldn't kill it without dissenting democrats.

It is small fact that most democrats and many in the media seem to gloss over.

The fact remains that all bills go through the house.

Yes, they go through the House and then the Senate.  At least it is supposed to work that way.

It really doesn't matter as we have seen a complete breakdown of our democratic process.  Agree with the bailout or not it was shot down, Bush and Co. have the authority to give the money to the Big 3 anyways.  If that isn't ass backwards I don't know what is.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
Yes, they go through the House and then the Senate.  At least it is supposed to work that way.

It really doesn't matter as we have seen a complete breakdown of our democratic process.  Agree with the bailout or not it was shot down, Bush and Co. have the authority to give the money to the Big 3 anyways.  If that isn't ass backwards I don't know what is.

I don't understand it either.
That TARP funding is a joke.
Z

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »
Good, I hope there is a rift between Obama and Pelosi...Pelosi is just horrible.
Obama may be leaning a bit more toward that centrist democrat some of us were hoping to see.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
What makes you think she is afraid?

I interpret the comments to say that she is anticipating that Obama etc. may be intending to do things she doesn't agree with...things that she doesn't want to happen.  What are they?  What do they disagree on?  Why would she feel they may "go around her" to accomplish something?   Maybe she is merely anticipating they will not do things done "her way?" 

Nancy Pelosi has "set parameters" for what she wants from the Obama administration: "no surprises, and no backdoor efforts to go around her

R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 03:07:37 PM »
I interpret the comments to say that she is anticipating that Obama etc. may be intending to do things she doesn't agree with...things that she doesn't want to happen.  What are they?  What do they disagree on?  Why would she feel they may "go around her" to accomplish something?   Maybe she is merely anticipating they will not do things done "her way?" 

Comments that she made or that others made?
As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »
Comments that she made or that others made?
What are you saying? 
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
What are you saying? 
never mind.
Bad reading on my part.
My apologies.
FWIW, I don't think she's afraid, I think it's just her positioning herself and making sure that the house democrats will have a lot of input.
Kinda like a cock fight. 
As empty as paradise

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »
never mind.
Bad reading on my part.
My apologies.
FWIW, I don't think she's afraid, I think it's just her positioning herself and making sure that the house democrats will have a lot of input.
Kinda like a cock fight. 

Exactly what are you insinuating about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's anatomy "down there" in relation to President-Elect Obama?

Are you suggesting she may be trying to establish a "pecking order" and make sure that she's one of the top peckers?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 03:04:52 AM »
Exactly what are you insinuating about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's anatomy "down there" in relation to President-Elect Obama?

Are you suggesting she may be trying to establish a "pecking order" and make sure that she's one of the top peckers?
She's out of Frisco after all. 8)
As empty as paradise