Author Topic: Celtics win 16th straight and improve to 24-2  (Read 1971 times)

body88

Celtics win 16th straight and improve to 24-2
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »
Their best start ever.  Rondo is starting to turn into a great player.  The truth is in the shape of his life this year. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Celtics win 15th straight and improve to 23-2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
I never watch basketball or rarely anyway but damn that seems like one heck of a start.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Seriously... Are the Celtics really that good.... or do they get a lot of 'gimme' games like the Lakers do.....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
NBA sucks balls. Who gives a shit.

body88

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »
NBA sucks balls. Who gives a shit.

You where an NBA expert last year? 

body88

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
Seriously... Are the Celtics really that good.... or do they get a lot of 'gimme' games like the Lakers do.....

They are that good.  It's more impressive considering they wont it all last year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
Yes, they are that good.

Everyone thinks Ainge just added Garnett and Allen, but that's not the case.

He had already drafted Rondo and Powe and then hired Thibodeau to construct the insane defense that they play.  They have bench depth in addition to the stars.

This is why people are incorrect when they say the Knicks just need to add Lebron and Wade and championships will come.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:25:03 PM »
You where an NBA expert last year? 

I know, but I cant stand watching the NBA right now. Bunch of vastly overpaid hoodlums with fake ass street credibility. Makes me sick.

The NBA is losing money like crazy right now. Teams across the country are playing to empty arenas around the country. I want to be a fan so bad right now but I just cant bring myself to do it. Very few players want to win. Barely anyone plays defense. Most of them just want to be paid.

body88

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
I know, but I cant stand watching the NBA right now. Bunch of vastly overpaid hoodlums with fake ass street credibility. Makes me sick.

The NBA is losing money like crazy right now. Teams across the country are playing to empty arenas around the country. I want to be a fan so bad right now but I just cant bring myself to do it. Very few players want to win. Barely anyone plays defense. Most of them just want to be paid.

you will be back....you know far to much about the NBA to be gone forever....it's a love hate thing with you, huh?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »
I just miss the good old days. The Celtics are probably the closest thing to a team that's committed to winning, period. Those guys play with emotion every night and bring their A game. I love Pierce and Garnett's intensity and they both play DEFENSE. That's the reason they have such a great record so far. They might win 70 games this year. Detroit is a close second by comparison.

There are probably a couple of more teams in the west with this mentality but that's it. these guys get paid so much money but nobody plays with any fire or emotion. NBA is just not what it used to be. We need more skilled white guys, for one thing.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Celtics win 16th straight and improve to 24-2
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 06:55:03 AM »
I grew up loving the Celtics(Bird days) and love watching their old games.  I'm glad that they are back on top, I don't think most "sports fans"(they call themselves that when they ONLY watch football) give the Celtics their due regarding the history of that team.  One of the most successful franchises in history.  Rondo will be one of the greats if he keeps on improving like he is.

I agree...the NBA is not what it once was.  I'm tired of watching guys literally just watch as a guy goes by and does nothing, no boxing out for the shots, no defense, way too many selfish, stupid shots.  A lot of these guys try to act like thugs, but I guess they don't realize that fans KNOW they came from nice suburban homes.  There is no passion for basketball anymore.

body88

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
I just miss the good old days. The Celtics are probably the closest thing to a team that's committed to winning, period. Those guys play with emotion every night and bring their A game. I love Pierce and Garnett's intensity and they both play DEFENSE. That's the reason they have such a great record so far. They might win 70 games this year. Detroit is a close second by comparison.

There are probably a couple of more teams in the west with this mentality but that's it. these guys get paid so much money but nobody plays with any fire or emotion. NBA is just not what it used to be. We need more skilled white guys, for one thing.

If you're ever in Boston I'll get you some tix to go see the Celts.  I have a few contacts at the garden, and it's a great time. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 07:19:45 AM »
Thanks for the offer Body88. i might take you up on that. I'm due to go to Boston in March.

Back to my earlier point. Here's a prime example of the lack of a committment to winning:

Carlos Boozer's recent comments on his impending free agency status:

"I'm opting out. No matter what, I'm going to get a raise regardless," Boozer told ESPN.com. "I am going to opt out, I don't see why I wouldn't, I think it's a very good business decision for me and my family, but I'd also like to see what happens with the Jazz and stay here."

Hey Carlos, here's a reality check for you...YOU PLAY BASKETBALL FOR A LIVING! These overpaid athletes make themselves look like a joke with comments like these.

It's all about the money.They have a good nucleus of talent in Utah. Great coach, good mix of veterans and young talent. Boozer is absolutely full of shit when he says he's considering staying with the Jazz. He's not. I'd bet an entire year's salary that his ass is as good as gone after this season. Paul Milsap would take his spot at the 4 if he leaves but the trend would repeat itself in another 3 or 4 years after his contract expires.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
Exactly...I never got that myself.  How many millions does it take to feed your family?  The smart business decision is to save and spend wisely.  We all know that won't happen.  Remember Sprewell?  LOL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »
Boo hiss.   :)  Looking forward to Christmas day (Boston v. L.A.). 

Regarding Boozer, he's a lousy human being IMO.  This is the same guy who convinced the (literally) blind owner of the Cavs to let him out of his contract based on a promise to renegotiate.  When the owner let him out, he walked.  Turned out to be a dumb move.  He would have been very good with LeBron.   

body88

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 06:43:50 AM »
Boo hiss.   :)  Looking forward to Christmas day (Boston v. L.A.). 

Regarding Boozer, he's a lousy human being IMO.  This is the same guy who convinced the (literally) blind owner of the Cavs to let him out of his contract based on a promise to renegotiate.  When the owner let him out, he walked.  Turned out to be a dumb move.  He would have been very good with LeBron.   

Love it!

body88

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
27-2 and the only team in NBA history to do so!  Is this the best Celtics team ever?

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
The Celts are my all time favorite team in any sport. It was nice watching the Celts and Lakers go at it in the 80's (I still hate Magic for that baby sky hook), but for some reason, I don't feel the same anymore.
I am happy for them but it's just not the same. Maybe it's because they don't have a 'real' rival right now, I don't really know. Tomorrow they will play the Lakers, and even though the Lakers are good, I don't think they stand a chance.

Lately (last 15 yrs lol), I've been a homer. I live in South Florida so I love the Dolphins, Marlins, Panthers, and Heat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
27-2 and the only team in NBA history to do so!  Is this the best Celtics team ever?

Not even close.  Bird, McHale, the Chief, and DJ were far better. 

It's a little early to crown anyone.  As good as the Celtics start has been, their record isn't much better than the Cavs or Lakers.   

body88

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »
Not even close.  Bird, McHale, the Chief, and DJ were far better. 

It's a little early to crown anyone.  As good as the Celtics start has been, their record isn't much better than the Cavs or Lakers.   

I know right, why even mention the best start in NBA history....Also, what I said is not so crazy if you look at the stats.  No one is crowning anyone my man, just shouting out a great achievement by the Celtics  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »

I know right, why even mention the best start in NBA history....Also, what I said is not so crazy if you look at the stats.  No one is crowning anyone my man, just shouting out a great achievement by the Celtics  ;)

I didn't say no one should mention their start.  It's a great accomplishment, just like the Houston Rocket's winning streak last year.  But your question was "Is this the best Celtics team ever?"  The question is not only premature, but the answer is clearly "no."  I wouldn't mention the current team in the same breath with Bird's Celtics.  They'll need a few championships under their belt and play comparable to Bird, McHale, Parrish, and DJ before you can make a comparison.   

We're not even at midseason.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »
 :)  http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281225013

Great game.  Felt like a playoff game.  Two great teams. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »
Their best start ever.  Rondo is starting to turn into a great player.  The truth is in the shape of his life this year. 

Celts a great team.  Absolutely.  Rondo a great player?  Yes, the same way Travis Knight was great when the Lakers won the title.  Ty Lue also.  Good god, put Rondo on the Sacramento Kings and you have a prime candidate for the developmental league.