Author Topic: Louie Simmons seminar  (Read 3802 times)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Louie Simmons seminar
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
Anybody else going to this?  Just registered for it today:

http://www.supertraininggym.com/teamstore/louiesimmonsseminar.html

Should be a hell of an experience, apparently the last full seminar he did was back in 2001.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: Louie Simmons seminar
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »
Sounds great....I wont be there.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:57:47 AM »
I heard Simmons pissed off a bunch off top Westside lifters and they left.
What's up with that?
As empty as paradise

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »
I hadn't heard that, but then again powerlifting doesn't get MusclePhone coverage.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
I hadn't heard that, but then again powerlifting doesn't get MusclePhone coverage.

Ask Simmons about that at the seminar.

From what I've heard a few ex-westside lifters thinks Simmons is acting like quite the two faced bitch and bad mouths them behind their backs.

I have a feeling that it could be just sour losers speaking though.

Simmons has a great record of producing good lifters in different feds.

In any case, it would be interesting to get the word from the man himself on what's going on.

Perhaps Billy-Moe could weigh in on this issue as well? 8)
As empty as paradise

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:43 PM »
Ask Simmons about that at the seminar.

From what I've heard a few ex-westside lifters thinks Simmons is acting like quite the two faced bitch and bad mouths them behind their backs.

I have a feeling that it could be just sour losers speaking though.

Simmons has a great record of producing good lifters in different feds.

In any case, it would be interesting to get the word from the man himself on what's going on.

Perhaps Billy-Moe could weigh in on this issue as well? 8)

My understanding from the internet rumors is that there were some ego clashes between Panora and Vogelpohl, and louie didn't necessarily help with that with his generally being himself in Westside.   There have been rumors about Louie and Chuck getting into it before the Pro-Am meet where he got hurt and rumors that Louie purposefully didn't call Chucks depth in the squat, which led to Chucks getting hurt at that meet, which pissed Chuck off even more.  The thing is I've seen Louie drift off at other meets with the Westsiders because he got caught up with something--this includes Chuck at the WPO meet and it wasn't a huge issue, so who really knows.   At the last meet I was at westside lifted at, Louie was chitchatting with women in the audience while Westsiders were lifting and didn't turn in the next numbers or Panoras.  Panora gave Louie a bunch of shit about it and it wasn't that big of a deal--or it sure didnt' seem that way to me, but that was a different meet, different time too. 

There have also been some online words about the "changing" atmosphere of Westside and people simply feeling like they need to move on to a different place to keep themselves fresh and keep their training progressing.  Honestly, that's the rumors that I think are the most believable.  Chuck trained with Louie for almost 20 years.   Thats a long damned time to have the same training group.  It seems to me that some change may be a good thing at that point.   Westsiders have come and gone for years.  I think its sort of expected. 

There are Westsiders who post on this forum, I'd be really interested in hearing the truth.   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »
Perhaps Wolfe could shed some light?
From what I understand, it's actually not just a few lifters leaving either. 25+ lifters have decided to get out for whatever reason.

As empty as paradise

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »
Perhaps Wolfe could shed some light?
From what I understand, it's actually not just a few lifters leaving either. 25+ lifters have decided to get out for whatever reason.

25+?  No, not that I'm aware of, but again, I don't have the inside scoop on Westside, I'm just a wannabe. 

There are 4 or 5 now at LexanExtreme based on online videos--Chuck, Matt Wenning, and a couple others.  I really don't know.  25 seems like way too many.