Author Topic: N.Y. is going to tax soda, itunes, increase welfare by 1/3!  (Read 4304 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: N.Y. is going to tax soda, itunes, increase welfare by 1/3!
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »
How many blacks and hispanics are in Chappaqua schools?????? 

You live in the whitest area in the county.

Additionally, the fixed costs to pay for insane civil service employees pensions and health care makes it such that taxes cant ever go down here without consessions, which they wont do.

Westchester is now the highest taxed county in the nation and maybe in your little bubble of clinton land in chappaqua is fine, but the rest of the county is not.

For one, I am looking to move myself and business elsewhere because I A sick of paying these taxes.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
How many blacks and hispanics are in Chappaqua schools??????

You live in the whitest area in the county.

Additionally, the fixed costs to pay for insane civil service employees pensions and health care makes it such that taxes cant ever go down here without consessions, which they wont do.

Westchester is now the highest taxed county in the nation and maybe in your little bubble of clinton land in chappaqua is fine, but the rest of the county is not.

For one, I am looking to move myself and business elsewhere because I A sick of paying these taxes.

Yes, this hamlet is a very segregated place, I admit to that, but that does not mean that your community cannot organize. Try it one day. Get together with your neighbors, plant to attend, all of yous, a city/hamlet meeting and when you get there just watch the officials put on the "Oh. Shit." look on their faces. Ask for documents, ask to see some balance sheets, how money is being spent on education and so on (the Freedon of Information Act allows you to do that). Once these officials know that you will be inspecting the documents they will listen. Remember, they count on your ambivalence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 12:35:22 PM »
I live in westchester, the first county outside of NYC.  Cops and civil service people make 125k a year and up and can retire at 50% pay after 20 years.  They load up the last three years on overtime and then retire at about 75% to 100% of the base pay for life after only 20 years and get all health etc paid for.

What is the result?????  highest taxes in the nation.  We fools who pay taxes for this nonsense are the suckers.  

The government civil disservice unions are like the Big 3, overpaid, not viable, and heading for a long needed collapse.

Why do you live there?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »
Why do you live there?

Woodlawn area of Yonkers.  On the Bronx border.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Woodlawn area of Yonkers.  On the Bronx border.

No I mean why do you live there when it's so expensive? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2008, 08:51:20 AM »
No I mean why do you live there when it's so expensive? 

1.  Family and friends
2.  I am self employed and cant just pick up and move that easily.
3.  Did my cousin vinny fit in that well in alabama???

I hate it here and am making plans, now is not the time though since i cant sell my place at a decent price, I rely on my clients for income, and starting a new business in a new location right now would be very difficult.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2008, 11:19:39 AM »
1.  Family and friends
2.  I am self employed and cant just pick up and move that easily.
3.  Did my cousin vinny fit in that well in alabama???

I hate it here and am making plans, now is not the time though since i cant sell my place at a decent price, I rely on my clients for income, and starting a new business in a new location right now would be very difficult.

Ah so.  Makes sense. 

Vinny did just fine in Alabama.  He won didn't he?   :)

Good luck with the move.