Author Topic: Benadry timing for acne  (Read 1568 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Benadry timing for acne
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »
I had a lot of success with benadryl stopping acne, as getbig advised.  I get it on shoulders and back when i train 5 days a week and eat a ton of protein and see growth.  Happens every time.

Anyway, it makes me take a nap when I take it... i get very sleepy.  Can I just take it before bed?  or is it more effective when taken in the AM, so that it's being used by the body at the same time as all the sweating, lifting, and protein-consumption? 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Benadry timing for acne
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »
I had a lot of success with benadryl stopping acne, as getbig advised.  I get it on shoulders and back when i train 5 days a week and eat a ton of protein and see growth.  Happens every time.

Anyway, it makes me take a nap when I take it... i get very sleepy.  Can I just take it before bed?  or is it more effective when taken in the AM, so that it's being used by the body at the same time as all the sweating, lifting, and protein-consumption? 

That's definitely a side effect.  I looked up the half life and found it to be somewhere between 1 & 4 hours.  Not sure what mechanism it works on to clear up acne, but for allergic reactions - say mosquitos - ideally would be taking it about an hour before exposure.  That wouldn't help in your case  :-\ so I guess all you could do is try it before bed for a week and see if it works.  There are non-sedating antihistamines, but again, not sure the mechanism, so in your case it might be useless.

Sorry, not much help  :-\
:

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
Search for overloads protocol
I am a big baby

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »
I take it before bed as Overlord advised and it works fine that way.

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »

Before bed is fine!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »
an hour before bed.

it works by decreasing sebum release from sebaceous glands...very useful if you can get over the drowsiness.
you are gay.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »

rawdawg

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
it will also screw up alot more then you think but hey you know what your doing.Youll be in the ER in a week

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
are we sure about this? that would be very helpful for the nasty cystic acne things like deca cause for some people.

you'd think dermatologists would know about it.

Yes, they do, in a recent article from the JID (journal of investigative dermatology), researchers found histamine receptors on sebaceous glands... giving mice antihistamines decreased sebum production...  i think it was in the May issue.
you are gay.

dustin

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:48:59 PM »
Yes, they do, in a recent article from the JID (journal of investigative dermatology), researchers found histamine receptors on sebaceous glands... giving mice antihistamines decreased sebum production...  i think it was in the May issue.

I read this as well. I would take it before bed because that's the most appropriate time to take it. Even a small dosage really gets me sleepy. I was having some bad allergic reactions and had to take low doses for a couple months on and off and it always made me tired.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 05:55:53 PM »
problem is that accutance CLEARS acne for good about 95% of the time.

benedryl may help lessen acne a little, its like comparing a toy boat to an aircraft carrier...
you are gay.