Author Topic: training and steroids  (Read 13373 times)

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
training and steroids
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »
Hi,

Just curious How long and how often do u train while you're on steroids ?

Thanks
J

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: training and steroids
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
whatever you feel like is right amount for you
TEAM Nasser

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »
Same as when your off!

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 07:00:18 AM »
Same as when your off!

Agreed.

Nothing pisses me off more then "cycle warriors".

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »
3 days on 1 day off. everything gets hit 2 X per week.

==

1= chest tris bis
2= quads hams calves
3= back shoulders
4=off
5= repeat day 1
6= repeat day 2
7= repeat day 3
8= repeat day 4
9= repeat day 1

etc etc etc

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »
3 days on 1 day off. everything gets hit 2 X per week.

==

1= chest tris bis
2= quads hams calves
3= back shoulders
4=off
5= repeat day 1
6= repeat day 2
7= repeat day 3
8= repeat day 4
9= repeat day 1

etc etc etc

You dont work your abs or traps?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
You dont work your abs or traps?
nah. my abs are distended naturally anyway, so i dont wanna thicken them up at all.  if i work out traps, they blow up an take over all my delt movements. when i dont train traps, they stay in proportion and my delts do all the work in upright rows, side laterals.

io856

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »
nah. my abs are distended naturally anyway, so i dont wanna thicken them up at all.  if i work out traps, they blow up an take over all my delt movements. when i dont train traps, they stay in proportion and my delts do all the work in upright rows, side laterals.
I thought you said it is important to train abs if you want them to show up under stage lights

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 10:21:09 AM »
I thought you said it is important to train abs if you want them to show up under stage lights
when im dieting for a show i will train them with heavy weight

i was refercning a guy i know whos abs look phenomenal in person, but i saw stage pics of him and you couldnt even see them. the guys never trains abs with weight, only does body weight or very light weight movements. high reps. abs ae cu, but no thickness. on stage his midesction is smooooth.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
nah. my abs are distended naturally anyway, so i dont wanna thicken them up at all. 

Thing is that abs don't really have the capacity to hypertrophy much. Think about it, even if you added a a couple of millimeters of thickness to them it wouldn't take away from your taper. Heavy side-bends and such I understand if you'd want to avoid. Training abs would actually reduce distension since it often means your transversus etc is weak. I know this personally since I haven't bothered training them much and have let my abs stretch over the years. :D My new years resolution is to start hitting abs hard.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
Thing is that abs don't really have the capacity to hypertrophy much. Think about it, even if you added a a couple of millimeters of thickness to them it wouldn't take away from your taper. Heavy side-bends and such I understand if you'd want to avoid. Training abs would actually reduce distension since it often means your transversus etc is weak. I know this personally since I haven't bothered training them much and have let my abs stretch over the years. :D My new years resolution is to start hitting abs hard.
hmmm   whats your favorite ab exercises and what day do you think i should add them in? (schedule above)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
hmmm   whats your favorite ab exercises and what day do you think i should add them in? (schedule above)

Well, like I said I haven't worked them enough. I only do a few sets of standing work here and there. Something like this:

But I don't have bodybuilding aspirations anymore so it's been more for assisting deadlift strength etc. I should do more of it though.

I don't think you have to worry about thickening the waist by training abs, especially if you do more traditional bb ab training, like crunches and leg raises. Maybe throw in some vacuums for the transversus if you want to prevent distension. Throw in ab work a couple of times a week or so, whenever you feel you can do them justice.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
WOW van b is that you?  You look very thick and bearish.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
WOW van b is that you?  You look very thick and bearish.

jt

LOL no that's not me. I think that's powerlifting guru Louie Simmons. His gym in any case.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »
LOL no that's not me. I think that's powerlifting guru Louie Simmons. His gym in any case.
LOL. Thats not Louie.  ;D

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »
Hi,

Just curious How long and how often do u train while you're on steroids ?

Thanks

What was the real meaning behind this question as I think this went over my head.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »
What was the real meaning behind this question as I think this went over my head.

I think he was thinking that since he was on steroids he should train longer in the gym and more often, this could lead to injuries though so it's not a good idea.

jt
TEAM Nasser

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
I think he was thinking that since he was on steroids he should train longer in the gym and more often, this could lead to injuries though so it's not a good idea.

jt

Ah, I got ya......whether your on the sugo or off...over training is not good for anyone, IMO...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »
Ah, I got ya......whether your on the sugo or off...over training is not good for anyone, IMO...

plz change your post count.

jt
TEAM Nasser

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 02:31:25 PM »
plz change your post count.

jt

First of all how do I change my post count, secondly why am I changing it...cuz I made an acknowledgement to a comment you made..please explain.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

4thAD

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
What was it JT 666 or something? LOL

I agree with the above you don't want to over train just because your on the juice. I train each body part 1x ew and that seems to be efficient for me. I get good growth and good recovery time.

4thAD

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
First of all how do I change my post count, secondly why am I changing it...cuz I made an acknowledgement to a comment you made..please explain.

Your post count was 666 JT was just playing with ya.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
Your post count was 666 JT was just playing with ya.

Fair enough...I know alot of people that have been here for awhile that dont like when others reply just to get there post count up...been here for awhile, that`s not my style at all trust me...

JT..no offence bro.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
What was it JT 666 or something? LOL

I agree with the above you don't want to over train just because your on the juice. I train each body part 1x ew and that seems to be efficient for me. I get good growth and good recovery time.
even if your a person is not on steroids, i believe twice per week (1-2-3-rest-1-2-3-repeat) will be the best.   if you think about why you trian = why do i trai ? if its to increase muscle size, then you are trianing t make your body start synthesizing protein (buildmuscle). now, after one lifts weights, protein synthesis as a result of the weight training is maximized immidietly after (the first couple hours post training) and then it iss still elevated for two days time, at which point protein synthesis is then not above normal any more. so, in order to maximize growth, you want protein synthesis elevated as much as possible. if a muscle is being hit once every seven days, then its growing for 2-3 days, but remaining the same for 4-5 days. now, if you trian a muscle 2 times per 7 seven days (1-2-3-rest-1-2-3-repeat) than you will have elevated protein synthesis almost always, with just enough rest to allow for the muscle to fully adapt from the training, and alos one full day off per week to allow for some CNS rehabilition.