Author Topic: Schwarzenegger on 60 minutes today  (Read 669 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Schwarzenegger on 60 minutes today
« on: December 21, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »
Governor reveals tricks of the trade on '60 Minutes'

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4680649n

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4680651n

Schwarzenegger says that without his acting experience, his job in Sacramento would have been much more difficult. He also says he'd be interested in becoming president if it were possible.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger hasn't said whether he would pursue another job in politics after his final term ends in two years. But there's at least one position he might be interested in, if he were eligible for it: president.

"Yeah, absolutely," Schwarzenegger said in an interview airing tonight on "60 Minutes" on CBS, when asked by correspondent Scott Pelley if he would like to be president. "I think that I am always a person that looks for the next big goal. And I love challenges. I always set goals that are so high, that are almost impossible to achieve."

At the moment, becoming president would be impossible. Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria and became a U.S. citizen in 1983, is not a "natural born citizen" of the United States, as required by the Constitution.

Talk of amending the Constitution was a hot topic in California and Washington during Schwarzenegger's first couple of years in office, when some of his backers waged an "Amend for Arnold" campaign and members of Congress proposed changing the rule. Schwarzenegger has said he would welcome such a move but has mostly joked about running when asked about it publicly.

Matt David, his spokesman, noted that on "60 Minutes," the governor was responding to a theoretical question.

In the interview, the governor also lifted the veil on some of his tricks of the trade, both in his cinematic and political careers. With Pelley lifting weights as they spoke, Schwarzenegger said that when he played a muscle man in the movies, he just pretended to lift 300 pounds.

"I mean, when you do it for the cameras you only do 50, so you take it easy," he said. "You don't kill yourself."

He described a scene in the movie "Stay Hungry" with actress Sally Field in which he had to lift 225 pounds over and over.

"I learned very quickly: Put on wooden plates," Schwarzenegger said.

His governing style apparently involves some acting as well.

"People think show business was in Hollywood, but I think [ Ronald] Reagan was absolutely right," Schwarzenegger said, referring to the former California governor and president. "If he wouldn't have the training in acting, this would have been a very difficult job."

sean

• Getbig IV
Re: Schwarzenegger on 60 minutes today
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
Arnold for Pres!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Schwarzenegger on 60 minutes today
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
Arnold for Pres!

::)