Author Topic: TRT / HRT - Your Personal Strategy and My Proposed Plan  (Read 4266 times)

4thAD

Re: TRT / HRT - Your Personal Strategy and My Proposed Plan
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »
Thanx for the education, but you know nothing of where my blood work is or what is going on with my body. I think my Doc and I have it handled just fine, with the blood work to back it up. Thanx again for your time.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »
Thanx for the education, but you know nothing of where my blood work is or what is going on with my body. I think my Doc and I have it handled just fine, with the blood work to back it up. Thanx again for your time.

I'm just telling you the way HRT and physiology of HRT work, assuming we are talking T here. What you and your doc have worked out is another matter, I just gave you the facts as they exist. My guess is, you simply don't stay off long enough for levels to go back to what they were which prompted the HRT in the first place, but what ever works best for you.  ;)

4thAD

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
I think different Docs may have different theories on what will work. I understand the theory behind getting on TRT and staying on, but sometimes I just feel the need to come off for a while. You are correct though, I don't come off for extended periods of time.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
I think different Docs may have different theories on what will work. I understand the theory behind getting on TRT and staying on, but sometimes I just feel the need to come off for a while. You are correct though, I don't come off for extended periods of time.

Brink's right with this one.    What you are describing makes no sense to me physiologically.  You will "crash" very quickly if you are hypogonadal and try to come off.  Coming off does nothing but potentially screw yourself up even more.

The other thing that doesn't make sense is your described 'need to come off".   I'll tell you from my own experience as someone with diagnosed hypogonadism, feeling a need to come off makes no sense either.  You feel so much better once you get your test levels regulated, there is no way you want to go back to feeling like you did before (or at least I sure don't.).

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »
Brink's right with this one.    What you are describing makes no sense to me physiologically.  You will "crash" very quickly if you are hypogonadal and try to come off.  Coming off does nothing but potentially screw yourself up even more.

The other thing that doesn't make sense is your described 'need to come off".   I'll tell you from my own experience as someone with diagnosed hypogonadism, feeling a need to come off makes no sense either.  You feel so much better once you get your test levels regulated, there is no way you want to go back to feeling like you did before (or at least I sure don't.).

Help me out with this a little more Vet.  I take HCG in small doses three times per week to keep the testes working and prevent Lyedig cell death.  But, what about keeping the rest of the HPTA working (the Hypothalamus and Pituitary)?  Won't coming off at least make sure that part of the HPTA does not permanently shut down?  I think that is what some doctors are trying to prevent by occasional off periods.

And by they way, you never really crash because you are taking HCG during the first part of the off period along with clomid/nolvadex the whole time, about the time your body would start to crash you go back on cycle.  Supposedly it's just long enough to get everything back up to speed.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »
Help me out with this a little more Vet.  I take HCG in small doses three times per week to keep the testes working and prevent Lyedig cell death.  But, what about keeping the rest of the HPTA working (the Hypothalamus and Pituitary)?  Won't coming off at least make sure that part of the HPTA does not permanently shut down?  I think that is what some doctors are trying to prevent by occasional off periods.

And by they way, you never really crash because you are taking HCG during the first part of the off period along with clomid/nolvadex the whole time, about the time your body would start to crash you go back on cycle.  Supposedly it's just long enough to get everything back up to speed.

But then you are not off, you are simply on a different set of drugs. Cycling between T and HCG and Clomid, is an effective way to maintain T levels and maintain HPTA, but that's not remotely the same as simply going off. Personally, if one is HRT they are on for for a reason, which means their HPTA was not up to the task in the first place for what ever reason, so simply deal with the fact you are on HRT for life and move on. Yes, HCG will help keep them nads larger, and if that's a big deal to some, then by all means work with doc on the HCG and Clomid/Nolv cycles.

Will @ BrinkZone.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
"Trent Reznor" and "Anabolic" in the same sentence is as funny as the Az Cardinals and Super Bowl.

Just doesn't seem right  ???  ;D

Reznor was a sellout......

Ministry was real industrial.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...