Author Topic: TRT / HRT - Your Personal Strategy and My Proposed Plan  (Read 4296 times)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
TRT / HRT - Your Personal Strategy and My Proposed Plan
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:00:53 AM »
How often do you guys cycle on an off your TRT (HRT) or do you just stay on 365 days per year?   What is your cycle strategy?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: TRT / HRT - Your Personal Strategy and My Proposed Plan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
i think you probably need to work out a little bit to sustain muscle when you cruising. maybe full body workout once per week. just something to keep it.

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:38:26 AM »
This last cycle I did I took off for two and a half months. I monitor my blood work, and I also listen to how my body feels. I like being on TRT, but some times I just feel like I need to come off completely. I rarely come off, and probably wont come off for a long while.

PinkPanthar

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »
Bump.  Bout to go on Androgel.  Wondering where the TRT/HRT cyclers are at...

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
If you are truely on HRT for hypogonadism, you will NEVER "cycle" off.    This on and off shit some GP doctors have their patients doing makes absolutely no sense hormonally or physiologically.   If I had a diagnosis of hypogonadism (which I do) and my doctor told me to go off what I'm taking, I'd change doctors.   All thats asking for is the crash that led for me to be put on those drugs in the first place.   Its asanine. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
How often do you guys cycle on an off your TRT (HRT) or do you just stay on 365 days per year?   What is your cycle strategy?

I usually go on long drawn cycles of six months or more.

When you stay on that long, your gains seem permanent.

If you decide to do this, it's important to taper off effectively and use of HCG will help you immensely.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »
Division, do you taper and then 'cruise'  (I hate the term, but it gets the point across) on minimal dose for a few weeks?

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:29 AM »
If you are truely on HRT for hypogonadism, you will NEVER "cycle" off.    This on and off shit some GP doctors have their patients doing makes absolutely no sense hormonally or physiologically.   If I had a diagnosis of hypogonadism (which I do) and my doctor told me to go off what I'm taking, I'd change doctors.   All thats asking for is the crash that led for me to be put on those drugs in the first place.   Its asanine. 

IME, you don't experience the "crash" if you take HCG during cycle and HCG, clomid, nolvadex and(or) Aromasin properly during PCT.  The only reason my doctor wants me to come off periodically (6-8 weeks - twice per year) is to lessen the chance that my HPTA will shut down permantely. 

I'm a relatively young guy.  What if I want to have more kids?

Overall, he's trying to fix the fact that my test levels are in the low 200's, but without making things worse.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »
IME, you don't experience the "crash" if you take HCG during cycle and HCG, clomid, nolvadex and(or) Aromasin properly during PCT.  The only reason my doctor wants me to come off periodically (6-8 weeks - twice per year) is to lessen the chance that my HPTA will shut down permantely. 

Overall, he's trying to fix the fact that my test levels are in the low 200's, but without making things worse.

Sperm bank?

What was it like having test in the low 200s?

Exal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 05:57:31 AM »
abc, get your doc to prescribe you HMG if you want to have kids, it will kick your sperm production in overdrive

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

Get your sperm levels checked.  Just becaue you are on a HRT dose doesn't automatically mean you are going to stop producing sperm.  Its also completely possible to have no LH, but plenty of FSH so you are hypogonadal. 

There's really one word for a guy who thinks legitimate HRT is a form of contraception:  "Daddy".   

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Division, do you taper and then 'cruise'  (I hate the term, but it gets the point across) on minimal dose for a few weeks?

I stay at one dose throughout, intenceman.

No tapers.

The only time something like that would happen is if I'm coming off and switching to Prop for the last six weeks or so.

In that instance, there will be some drop-off because the levels of long-acting esters built up in the body are slowly dissipating while the short-acting Prop starts to take effect.

Once all the Sustanon is leveled off, there is a slight tapering effect.

DIV

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »
I stay at one dose throughout, intenceman.

No tapers.

The only time something like that would happen is if I'm coming off and switching to Prop for the last six weeks or so.

In that instance, there will be some drop-off because the levels of long-acting esters built up in the body are slowly dissipating while the short-acting Prop starts to take effect.

Once all the Sustanon is leveled off, there is a slight tapering effect.

DIV
  Thanks, makes a lot of sense!

4thAD

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 02:21:02 AM »
I come off once in a while. I listen to my body. When I feel its time to come off I do. I feel its good to recover naturally sometimes regardless of what others might say. Ive felt some what of a crash coming off cycle, but not from just coming off of trt doses.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
I come off once in a while. I listen to my body. When I feel its time to come off I do. I feel its good to recover naturally sometimes regardless of what others might say. Ive felt some what of a crash coming off cycle, but not from just coming off of trt doses.

Those slight crashes are rough.......like baby anabolic steps downward.

As Trent Reznor would say "the anabolic downward spiral".

DIV

4thAD

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
Those slight crashes are rough.......like baby anabolic steps downward.

DIV

No not really, because I will run a pct when I come off.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »
It's a long story, but my doc seems to think I might be able to come off my trt shots and I am somewhat unfamiliar with the useage of HCG in helping this out a bit. What would be the protocol for this exactly when coming off for recovery purposes? Something like 250 IU twice a week starting about two weeks from the end of getting shots and continuing for about two weeks after.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »

DIV

"Trent Reznor" and "Anabolic" in the same sentence is as funny as the Az Cardinals and Super Bowl.

Just doesn't seem right  ???  ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »
"Trent Reznor" and "Anabolic" in the same sentence is as funny as the Az Cardinals and Super Bowl.

Just doesn't seem right  ???  ;D

Don't think he's hitting the juice, but he's definitely been lifting.  Probably on some GH though =)  He's still a whopping 160lbs though heh.

Before

After

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Holly Crap, he does have a muscle!

Guess Heroin + AAS is a good combo after all, who knew?  :-\

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »
I think he's off the H these days, at least so he says.  Their music is gone down  hill as well so that's usually an indication they've gone drug free =)

4thAD

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
HAha that's the truth. Most great bands suffer once they start living a clean life.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »

You are failing to understand what HRT is: hormone REPLACEMENT therapy. Ergo, replacing something you aint got, or aint got enough of to be healthy. Thus, you do not cycle HRT. HRT is not AAS cycling and should not be mistaken for such. If you are on HRT for the correct reasons, there is no reason to cycle as you always need the hormone in question to be healthy.

- Will @ BrinkZone.com

4thAD

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »
I think most here understand what HRT is. For me I just feel the need to get off some times. I believe in listening to my body, and have even discussed with my Doc. Blood work is all in check, so for me I don't feel there is anything wrong with taking break.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
I think most here understand what HRT is. For me I just feel the need to get off some times. I believe in listening to my body, and have even discussed with my Doc. Blood work is all in check, so for me I don't feel there is anything wrong with taking break.

Which makes no sense. If you needed the HRT, your blood work would not be fine, it would tank, thus the reason you were on HRT. Either you don't actually need HRT, or you simply don't stay off long enough for your levels to tank to the point that got you on HRT in the first place. If you got on T as HRT because your total Y was say 200, and you when on HRT bringing you to 600, going off wll beirng you right back to 200 or lower (as you HPTA is not up to the task...) which means your blood work is not "in check." Knowing what HRT technically means and knowing what it really means are not always the same, thus asking if people "cycle HRT" If you can cycle it, you didn't need it in the first place. Capiche?