Author Topic: Small Ronnie vs. Big Ronnie  (Read 4597 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Small Ronnie vs. Big Ronnie
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »
small Ronnie really is not that small

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »
small Ronnie really is not that small

he was not small beside shawn ray for example but too small beside his later size.. till 97 he was not counted among the mass monsters of the 90s (dorian, nasser, fux,... who else??... ah paul dillet..

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 02:32:23 AM »
To expand on my earlier point; I think in 2001/2002 Ronnie was trying to get back to being small with lines, but his body had passed the point of no return, he found that coming in lighter just meant depletion with small arms and the belly stayed big. It worked once for the Arnold Classic, but his belly was still there really. After this he sensibly decided to play up his strengths, insane size, shape and vascularity. Awesome!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 04:13:21 AM »
To expand on my earlier point; I think in 2001/2002 Ronnie was trying to get back to being small with lines, but his body had passed the point of no return, he found that coming in lighter just meant depletion with small arms and the belly stayed big. It worked once for the Arnold Classic, but his belly was still there really. After this he sensibly decided to play up his strengths, insane size, shape and vascularity. Awesome!

u may b right that he tried to return back to his old lines to look better but what do you mean by "but his body had passed the point of no return,"??.. ronnie was ronnie so if he used the same system (diet, training..etc) he had used for mr. olympia 98 for ex. he would hv got the same shape.. but it's clear tht he tried to do it wth another modified system which clearly didn't work well..

ur body will always respond the same way to the same thing.. by 2001/2002 ronnie was still not too old so there was no big diff. than in 97/98 and he could have repeated the same condition if he did it the same old way..

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 06:23:07 AM »
Unfortunately this is simply not true, as Kamali, Kovacs or any guy with fried receptors and a big waist will tell you. If your obliques are much bigger 5 years down the line from heavy squatting/deads or whatever, then training the same way will not yield the same results vis a vis overall body shape.

Ronnie has famously trained the same way since the beginning, just altering his diet as Teh Chad or whoever sees fit. He has gotten stronger on squats etc, and his quads got bigger between 98 and 2003, but so did his waist.

I know drugs play a part, but basically it's hard to unbuild that muscle whilst still keeping quad size, Gustavo is a case in point now too. He's cut down on leg work to get his waist down again, now he has small legs and his waist is still big. Or Rich Gaspari. Jay had a smaller waist once. All these guys get big waists and don't know how to get rid of them, so if anything, they are forced to change their training in an attemp to combat this. Your body won't respond to weights the same after 30 years that it did when you first start training, its job is to adapt, and for many that's what it does, in a bad way.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 07:29:02 AM »
check out Ronnie 99 vs Ronnie 2003:
Flower Boy Ran Away