Author Topic: Wrestlers then and now  (Read 138545 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Wrestlers then and now
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
Starcade 83 was Flair vs. Race.  "A Flair for the Gold."  Gene Kiniski was the special ref.

Here is a decent vid of it...with Solie calling the action.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt5d4_flair-vs-race-starcade-83_sport

Solie is the greatest announcer of all time

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »
Solie is the greatest announcer of all time

NO QUESTION.  Nobody else is even close.  He could get me interested in Ron Rossie vs. Buzz Sawyer. haha

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
I was born and raised in the Northeast and I even know that Gordon Solie was the greatest announcer of all time

I do, however, that Mauro Ranallo is very gordon solie- like .  I know that will get alot of heat but Mauro is the best announcer in pro wrestling, which is ironic since he doesnt have a steady pro wrestling announcing gig.  He does, however, do all the wrestling announcing on the Fight Network

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
I was born and raised in the Northeast and I even know that Gordon Solie was the greatest announcer of all time

I do, however, that Mauro Ranallo is very gordon solie- like .  I know that will get alot of heat but Mauro is the best announcer in pro wrestling, which is ironic since he doesnt have a steady pro wrestling announcing gig.  He does, however, do all the wrestling announcing on the Fight Network

I've never heard him, but he has to be better than JR.  I'll take your word for it.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
watch this haha i laughed my ass off

guy has it all
The rock is great.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »
Flair is maybe the best of all time in my book.

My old man said the match with him and Shawn was one of the best matches he has ever seen.  That is a very big complement cause my dad does not give anyone props.

Can't agree. Flair has had the best career. But there is absolutely no doubt Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler ever! This guy brings it every single match for twenty some years. He and the Undertaker are destined to fued again. If anyone is worthy of beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania it's HBK.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »
I've never heard him, but he has to be better than JR.  I'll take your word for it.

JR is still good but the fact that he is "The office guy" kinda sorta kills his credibility with me

JR pushes the guys he wants to push no matter what the program is--ask bart gunn

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »
damn macho man looks fuckin horrible.

Horrible?   He's close to 60 years old now.   He's simply letting his hair grow out naturally without coloring it.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2008, 03:18:15 PM »
Can't agree. Flair has had the best career. But there is absolutely no doubt Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler ever! This guy brings it every single match for twenty some years. He and the Undertaker are destined to fued again. If anyone is worthy of beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania it's HBK.

Ask Shawn who he thinks is the best...  8)

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Ask Shawn who he thinks is the best...  8)
Put Shawn in the ring with any wrestler and Shawn always makes them shine. I've been watching wrestling for thirty years and Shawn Michaels is the best. Flairs my all time favorite by far. But for wrestling skill Michaels is all around the best wrestling that has ever lived. Why do you think Flair let him win the retirement match.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »
Put Shawn in the ring with any wrestler and Shawn always makes them shine. I've been watching wrestling for thirty years and Shawn Michaels is the best. Flairs my all time favorite by far. But for wrestling skill Michaels is all around the best wrestling that has ever lived. Why do you think Flair let him win the retirement match.

Shawn Michaels is one of the few wrestlers I have seen be a ass hole in the locker room to some kids the other is Kevin Nash

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2008, 03:31:20 PM »

Shawn Michaels is one of the few wrestlers I have seen be a ass hole in the locker room to some kids the other is Kevin Nash

Nash is a prick, met him once.

As for Michaels vs Flair.  I've also been watching for close to 30 years, damn I'm getting old, and Flair is still the best.  The running joke was that Flair could put a broom over. Michaels is much the same, but I think Flair was better on the mic (nobody is close).  Like I said, just ask Michaels.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »
Billy Jack Haynes

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »
Nash is a prick, met him once.

As for Michaels vs Flair.  I've also been watching for close to 30 years, damn I'm getting old, and Flair is still the best.  The running joke was that Flair could put a broom over. Michaels is much the same, but I think Flair was better on the mic (nobody is close).  Like I said, just ask Michaels.
The other thing is, Flair wrestled guys in little territories in Buttfuck, Mississippi and made their guy look like a million bucks.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
The other thing is, Flair wrestled guys in little territories in Buttfuck, Mississippi and made their guy look like a million bucks.

Lots of guys have done that

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »

Lots of guys have done that

true, but he did it for over 30 years. Besided his work in the mid 90's when he was buried, he was alway was on his game.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »

Harley Race looks like a baaaaaad mother  SHUT YO MOUTH!!!

I don't care if he is 9,000 years old, I'll bet he can legitimately kick ass...even if he doesn't have "ground skills"

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »
I bet  no one knows who Bob Roop is

I never saw him wrestle, but I remember reading some wrestling magazine when I was a kid and I saw where he had beaten Kevin Sullivan (the pre-Satanic, "patriotic" Sullivan) with a "foreign object" but denied having used one.  I don't know why that article sticks out in my mind like it does.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »
Got any recent ones of Bad News Brown?

He died a few years ago in Calgary, Canada and was working as a security guard at the time.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »
Gory, Eddies dad Saved my old mans life one night in El Paso.  He was leaving the ring and a fan was coming after him from behind with a knife.  My dad did not see the guy a Gory tackled him.

My wife is from El Paso (Juarez originally) and she used to go to the matches with her brother all the time.  Used to watch Mando, Blue Demon, Mil Mascaras, etc. 

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »
Got any recent ones of Bad News Brown?

He died a few years ago in Calgary, Canada and was working as a security guard at the time.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »
Harley Race looks like a baaaaaad mother  SHUT YO MOUTH!!!

I don't care if he is 9,000 years old, I'll bet he can legitimately kick ass...even if he doesn't have "ground skills"

The man can barely walk today.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
harley race has the most manliest voice I have ever heard