Author Topic: BMW loses Chinese Clone battle in court...  (Read 940 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
BMW loses Chinese Clone battle in court...
« on: December 22, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
BMW loses it's fight against a Chinese company making X5 clones...sad really sad here's an article. What does this say about intellectual property?
http://www.autospies.com/news/BMW-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-X5-clone-39101/

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: BMW loses Chines Clone battle in court...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
There are so many Chinese made car clones it's crazy.

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: BMW loses Chines Clone battle in court...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »
There are so many Chinese made car clones it's crazy.

And they get away with it!!! How does one hem them up?

Almost every other country recognizes intellectual property. Maybe it's because China is clearly at this state a "original" country (meaning original ideas). Or could it be it's because they think that they can mass produce all these goods that their companies can do this...

And now, a Chinese company is thinking of buying Chevy, and Ford is thinking of selling Volvo to a Chinese car company?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: BMW loses Chinese Clone battle in court...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:06:36 PM »
It's because China's not yet at the point where they're capable of producing their own products that can compete with those of other countries so they're reduced to copying other designs, hence the ridiculously shitty property laws they have. That car looks like a spitting image of the X5.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 02:19:33 AM »
How good are these "clones"?

A clone would be something identical to an original BMW, all Chinese companies would have to do is re-tool to produce exact replicas using original BMW parts as casts. They can then go on to make some huge $$$ by under-cutting BMW factories and selling the cars to their people, i.e. the wealth stays in the country.

The shell on that car sure does look like a good clone, but does it really drive like a BMW? My dad rents a BMW in Munich, and I can say without doubt it's one of the best manual drives I've driven. If they can replicate that then BMW's presence in China is gonna be fucked.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:25:03 AM »
BMW loses it's fight against a Chinese company making X5 clones...sad really sad here's an article. What does this say about intellectual property?
http://www.autospies.com/news/BMW-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-X5-clone-39101/

Countries should boycott or impose tarriffs on Chinese crap until they knock this stuff off.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »
How good are these "clones"?

A clone would be something identical to an original BMW, all Chinese companies would have to do is re-tool to produce exact replicas using original BMW parts as casts. They can then go on to make some huge $$$ by under-cutting BMW factories and selling the cars to their people, i.e. the wealth stays in the country.

The shell on that car sure does look like a good clone, but does it really drive like a BMW? My dad rents a BMW in Munich, and I can say without doubt it's one of the best manual drives I've driven. If they can replicate that then BMW's presence in China is gonna be fucked.

No it doesn't drive like a Bimmer, but when you are producing cars that are known as the Ultimate Driving Machine, and a Chinese company comes and knockoffs your designs, some even the Propeller and Blue and white colors, that is blatant infringement.