Author Topic: A thankyou to some of the amazing naturals on this board  (Read 9485 times)

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
A thankyou to some of the amazing naturals on this board
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
I'd like to thank guys like Layne and JRod for their inspirational photos and helpful nutritional info that helped me get into shape to compete in my first show this past November.
Ever since Mcfarland posted Jrod's photos about 2-3 years ago here on Getbig I found myself amazed at the level of conidioning that one could achieve naturally. So it was then I decided to cut down and trim up. I dropped down from a bulky 215lbs to a leaner 185lbs. Once I got there I figured I had the deterimination to compete and get even leaner so I entered Musclemania here in Toronto.
But then I was notified one week in advanced that the show was cancelled as there were only 7 competitors signed up. The promotor was nice enough to invite me out to Vegas 3 weeks later to compete there so It wasn't all bad.

The following are a couple pics from that show along with some photos I took a couple weeks prior. I think I over did my cardio routine, and might try to do that interval type training that Jeff does. I'm not as lean as I could be but I guess it's all trial and error.

I also posted this on Musculardevelopment as I know the before mentioned naturals post their regularly but I like to let everyone here know Getbig is my board! :-*

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: A thankyou to some of the amazing naturals on this board
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:44:35 AM »
Damn man,you look great..........awesome job!!!

Never let being a natural limit you mentally.

Keep pumping!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
You got some serious wheels. Great work!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:30:11 AM »
Who's advice did you take the most of out of curiosity as there are some glaring differences (J-Rod super high protein, Layne not nearly, etc.)?

Great physique.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Who's advice did you take the most of out of curiosity as there are some glaring differences (J-Rod super high protein, Layne not nearly, etc.)?

Great physique.

For alot of the dieting I followed Jrod's plan.  But I had to change some things because I didn't eat alot of broccoli like he does.  Another thing I did that he didn't seem to do was I dropped rice altogether about 3-4 weeks out and the only carb meal i had was my oats in the morning.  This allowed me to get more protein in while staying under the 2,200 calorie mark for the last couple weeks.  I didn't have any problems being on such low carbs so it worked out.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
Sauce,

I just now found this thread. Just wanted to say nice job and congratultions! You look good regardless, but thats impressive for it being your first show.

(by the way, nice quads! They're shaped really well with a good sweep).

(I responded to this on MD too). 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
I'd like to thank guys like Layne and JRod for their inspirational photos and helpful nutritional info that helped me get into shape to compete in my first show this past November.
Ever since Mcfarland posted Jrod's photos about 2-3 years ago here on Getbig I found myself amazed at the level of conidioning that one could achieve naturally. So it was then I decided to cut down and trim up. I dropped down from a bulky 215lbs to a leaner 185lbs. Once I got there I figured I had the deterimination to compete and get even leaner so I entered Musclemania here in Toronto.
But then I was notified one week in advanced that the show was cancelled as there were only 7 competitors signed up. The promotor was nice enough to invite me out to Vegas 3 weeks later to compete there so It wasn't all bad.

The following are a couple pics from that show along with some photos I took a couple weeks prior. I think I over did my cardio routine, and might try to do that interval type training that Jeff does. I'm not as lean as I could be but I guess it's all trial and error.

I also posted this on Musculardevelopment as I know the before mentioned naturals post their regularly but I like to let everyone here know Getbig is my board! :-*

finally a real natural.

congrats sauce, you looked good. keep it up.  8)

oh and share your secrets  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
u looked great at that show.

i have a question, why is your name "SAUCEstradomus" when you dont take sauce ?

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
u looked great at that show.

My friends started calling me ksauce, I just thought saucetradomous was a better username.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Damn - looking awesome.  8)

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »
potential natural pro! good work man! 8)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 02:29:16 AM »

Yeah that got me at first as well ;D.

But full props mate you look awsum :o, great wheels and Bi's. MM looks great as well and freaky veins in the arms add to it, great job!!!!! :D

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
potential natural pro! good work man! 8)

Thanks, that's the kind of motivation I need. 

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
Really nice! Your build is fantastic great quads too, very insperational keep it up!
P

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 04:48:52 AM »
Awesome physique man! Great quads! Im aiming for my first comp this year, in Sep. Naturals. Dam, i gota get bigger, lol. PS, any tips would be great, thanx man!  ;D
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 03:26:30 AM »
lean and esthetic
asstropin

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:17 AM »
Awesome physique man! Great quads! Im aiming for my first comp this year, in Sep. Naturals. Dam, i gota get bigger, lol. PS, any tips would be great, thanx man!  ;D

The best tips I can give you for a show is to make sure you have a good tan and practice your posing.  go on youtube and look for bob chicherello's posing guide.  There are subtle varations on how to make things look right and depending on your own body shape you may need to alter your poses slightly to make them look proper.  So use a mirror or record yourself to find which poses work best for you.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
Debussey = very very impressed. Great great natural physique!  8)

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 03:11:07 AM »
The best tips I can give you for a show is to make sure you have a good tan and practice your posing.  go on youtube and look for bob chicherello's posing guide.  There are subtle varations on how to make things look right and depending on your own body shape you may need to alter your poses slightly to make them look proper.  So use a mirror or record yourself to find which poses work best for you.
Sweet as, thanks man, i will check that up!
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.