Author Topic: Is there any reason to do BB Bench Press?  (Read 3687 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Is there any reason to do BB Bench Press?
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
But the truth is that any good exercise can be done anywhere in the routine. Also, any exercise that's considered less-good and less effective shouldn't be in the routine to begin with, find something else. ;)
8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »
the bench press will make your balls drop and put hair on your chest.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
The bench press is a fantastic exercise for the chest and arguably the best one in my opinion. I avoided doing it for many years as I had heard all the horror stories about pec tears and shoulder injuries but I started doing them regularly a few months ago and the progress I've had is amazing - my strength has increased significantly on them and my lower pecs have suddenly appeared - I didn't haev anything there before because I always prioritised incline presses and inclne flyes followed by flat presses on a hammer machine. Let me tell you, it's the last time I ever use any hammer machines for chest - they are shite - stick with what built the best chests back in the 60's and 70's before all that stuff came out - the good old bench press.

jorgen

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »
The bench press is a decent exercise when done correctly.  For me I have found weighted dips to be much better.  Also, you will find many people with over developed lower chest and under developed upper chest which doesn't look very nice.  IMO most people should focus on dips and incline press.