Author Topic: Depression hits Detroit -- Average home price $18K, Unemployment 21%  (Read 869 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
The Great Depression has reached Detroit. The average price of a home is now $18,513 and unemployment has reached 21%, and it’s expected to get worse. Detroit is facing a crisis of epic proportions that officially puts Detroit statistically (and real term) on par with the great depression. Many readers of Tribble Ad Agency are advertising centric.. and due to the rash of layoffs within all Detroit Advertising firms has put the city on the map for the wrong reasons.

It has become the center of all that is wrong with America… and nothing of what is right. For example, the crime rate has fallen…. because of lack of targets within the city. Meaning there is nothing left to steal. In fact, even the criminals don’t want to leave jail.

Heard confirmed that some offenders, notably those without homes of their own, were now expressing reluctance to leave jail when their sentences were done.

Home values have plummeted to levels not seen in 1/2 a century… and the 21% unemployment has in some cases been projected to double within 12 months if the auto industry totally collapses.

To make matters even worse, Detroit has superseded New Orleans as the “worst city” in America…. but New Orleans had a Hurricane they could assign blame to… Detroit has no such natural disaster crutch.

“It’s a depression — not a recession,” McDuell said, with the authority of someone who has lived through both. “It will get worse before it gets better.”

It’s a man-made disaster.

Regarding a local food bank in Detroit that has seen record numbers of individuals entering the system:

“Many people are first-timers — they have no idea how to navigate the system, how to qualify for food stamps,” Wells said. “Last year, some were donors — now they’re clients.”

In short, last year they donated money into the system… now they are feeding from it because they themselves are in hard financial times.

Detroit needs a miracle, the chances of it showing a resurgence is slim to none in the current economic outlook.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Depression hits Detroit -- Average home price $18K, Unemployment 21%
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »
The Great Depression has reached Detroit. The average price of a home is now $18,513 and unemployment has reached 21%, and it’s expected to get worse. Detroit is facing a crisis of epic proportions that officially puts Detroit statistically (and real term) on par with the great depression. Many readers of Tribble Ad Agency are advertising centric.. and due to the rash of layoffs within all Detroit Advertising firms has put the city on the map for the wrong reasons.

It has become the center of all that is wrong with America… and nothing of what is right. For example, the crime rate has fallen…. because of lack of targets within the city. Meaning there is nothing left to steal. In fact, even the criminals don’t want to leave jail.

Heard confirmed that some offenders, notably those without homes of their own, were now expressing reluctance to leave jail when their sentences were done.

Home values have plummeted to levels not seen in 1/2 a century… and the 21% unemployment has in some cases been projected to double within 12 months if the auto industry totally collapses.

To make matters even worse, Detroit has superseded New Orleans as the “worst city” in America…. but New Orleans had a Hurricane they could assign blame to… Detroit has no such natural disaster crutch.

“It’s a depression — not a recession,” McDuell said, with the authority of someone who has lived through both. “It will get worse before it gets better.”

It’s a man-made disaster.

Regarding a local food bank in Detroit that has seen record numbers of individuals entering the system:

“Many people are first-timers — they have no idea how to navigate the system, how to qualify for food stamps,” Wells said. “Last year, some were donors — now they’re clients.”

In short, last year they donated money into the system… now they are feeding from it because they themselves are in hard financial times.

Detroit needs a miracle, the chances of it showing a resurgence is slim to none in the current economic outlook.
the last mayor of detroit was worse than marion barry

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:09:54 PM »
And there football team is about to go 0-16...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
honestly, I'd rather have $18,000 right now, than a home in Detroit.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »
I thought by checking out Craigslist for detroit their would be tons of these very cheap homes...However i'm sure their are not to many people trying to sell these on there when they most likely don't have the internet :-\

I do see monthly apt/rents in Detroit anywhere from $450 to 2000...Doesn't seem like Depression type numbers...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:50:15 AM »
Detroit itself has been a shithole for a long time now.  People will blame it all on the car industry, but I remember going there several times in the late 90s while in college.  Seemed like the city was crawling with poor people, abandoned houses and buildings all over, the streets and highways were dirty.  There were some beautiful old buildings but looked like many people in the city just didn't care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 07:27:17 AM »
Detroit itself has been a shithole for a long time now.  People will blame it all on the car industry, but I remember going there several times in the late 90s while in college.  Seemed like the city was crawling with poor people, abandoned houses and buildings all over, the streets and highways were dirty.  There were some beautiful old buildings but looked like many people in the city just didn't care.

Another one party (Democrat) city liberal hell hole ruined by unions and misguided social welfare spending.

No different than Chicago. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »
Wow... 18K.

You need three times that here in Cali just for a down to get them to even talk to you without having to buy mortgage insurance.

Crappy houses in mexi-town my here are still 160K+ ...

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »
Another one party (Democrat) city liberal hell hole ruined by unions and misguided social welfare spending.

No different than Chicago. 

yea it's all the unions fault. :-\
DAWG

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
I thought by checking out Craigslist for detroit their would be tons of these very cheap homes...However i'm sure their are not to many people trying to sell these on there when they most likely don't have the internet :-\

I do see monthly apt/rents in Detroit anywhere from $450 to 2000...Doesn't seem like Depression type numbers...

They are talking about the AVERAGE home price. go take a look at a Real Estate sales/rental site, there are TONS of homes going for next to nothing.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
U.S. Economy: Home Prices Fall Near Depression Pace

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=adkUcqYlJVRA&refer=worldwide

Sales of single-family houses in the U.S. dropped in November by the most in two decades and resale prices collapsed at a pace reminiscent of the Great Depression, dashing speculation the market was close to a bottom.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
They are talking about the AVERAGE home price. go take a look at a Real Estate sales/rental site, there are TONS of homes going for next to nothing.

Will do...Thanks...