Author Topic: biceps with back  (Read 1950 times)

roc

• Getbig III
biceps with back
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »
done doing biceps with back. too much trauma on the elbow joint, ligaments and tendons. anybody else feel the same way?,  bicep workout is much productive with anyother body part

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: biceps with back
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »
 ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:30:30 AM »
Because back work involves so much of the arms I train back separately and train biceps with triceps on a different day.

Day 1 Chest/Abs
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Legs/Calves/Abs
Day 4 Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Day 5 Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »
Because back work involves so much of the arms I train back separately and train biceps with triceps on a different day.

Day 1 Chest/Abs
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Legs/Calves/Abs
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

Triceps the day before shoulders?? Excellent split... ::)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 05:38:58 AM »
My split.

Day 1- Biceps/Chest
Day 2- Rest
Day 3- Triceps/Back
Day 4- Rest
Day 5- Shoulders/Traps
Day 6- Rest
Day 7- Legs(calves and abs if i can be bothered) :D

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:40:08 AM »
what is your rationalle behind training triceps prior to shoulders the following day?

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:41:04 AM »
I have changed the split up from time to time.  My body responds best to this split.  Everyone's body is different.  Triceps before or after chest or back day negated growth in my arms.  Also if in a particular week I am feeling overtrained I will take the day off in between arms and shoulders day.  Depends on how I am feeling.  

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 05:44:16 AM »
Like last week it was as follows:

Day 1 Chest/Abs
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Legs/Calves/Abs
Day 5 Off
Day 6 Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Day 7 Off

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 06:16:48 AM »
done doing biceps with back. too much trauma on the elbow joint, ligaments and tendons. anybody else feel the same way?,  bicep workout is much productive with anyother body part

Biceps workout does help with any body part.....

However,after 20 years of trainning , your elbow will give up on tricep trainning bursitis (SP)..

Same thing happened to Ronnie,Lou Ferrigno and me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 06:20:38 AM »
I've always felt if you're training back correctly you shouldn't be able to train anything else anyways.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 06:23:34 AM »
I've always felt if you're training back correctly you shouldn't be able to train anything else anyways.

agree, i always say, f you can train something else with back or legs you havent trained them hard enough.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 06:24:01 AM »
ive always felt that u cant propperly train biceps after back, for a start my forearms are usualy pumped to fuck and i simply dont feel the bicep wroking properly

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 06:52:15 AM »

amen

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »

Day 1 Chest/Abs
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Legs/Calves/Abs
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off
ADD ANOTHER 2 DAYS ON CALVES
p

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
I have done calves 2 and even 3 times a week in the past and they don't respond as well as one real heavy day. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
I have done calves 2 and even 3 times a week in the past and they don't respond as well as one real heavy day. 

Exactly

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »

Do you know what that mean? It mean that you haven't done it correctly, and that is why you get so "much trauma" by doing it. Instead of ruin your training with stupid changes to worse method, just learn to train correctly.

If you train your back first, you should concentrate to do all work with your back muscles, and if you feel it in your biceps, you have a wrong range of motion or too much weight, and you should correct it. When you have learn to do it right and your back training is over, your biceps would have gone trough very good pre exhaustion, so you don't need to use so many sets to train them. Do just few good and heavy sets, two exercises would be enough, like barbell curl and seated cable curl. + what ever you do with your forearms. You should understand that your bicep weight is something like 4-5 lb, so muscle that small doesn't need much training before it goes in catabolic state. You also should vary between sets with 20 to 30 reps and sets with 6 to 8 reps, for example every other training session. Why? Well, your ligaments and tendons etc. are quite dense stuff, and they have quite slow metabolism, so they will benefit from those long sets. You can accelerate their metabolism by giving them few long sets with moderate weights, and they grow thicker and more durable. For example, before every leg workout I do two or three sets of 100 reps at leg extension machine with no more than 60lb, just couple minutes of stretching between sets, and after that I do my squats and presses. Never used any straps or knee supports while doing squats or leg presses, because I don't feel need for them with those quite moderate weights I use, like 400lb for squat and 1000 for leg press right after squats...

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »
agree, i always say, f you can train something else with back or legs you havent trained them hard enough.

are you implying ronnie coleman trains back with less than 100% effort? :o
tank u jesus

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »

Day 1 Chest/Abs
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Legs/Calves/Abs
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Off

For me it is hard to believe that somebody can train like this...
If I do my chest workout properly, I can't do my back next day, because it hurts like hell to do any movement where I have to stretch my chest like you have to do when you do chins or front pull downs, so I train my leg's next day after chest. Same with doing Biceps/Triceps/Forearms only day before the shoulder exercises, because you triceps are highly involved in shoulder exercises. You can not do good set of military press if you have sore triceps, so I train triceps with chest, and biceps with back.  You also have too tight training cycle, which means that you must be on gear, or exhausted via massive over training. Or you don't do very hard workouts at all. You can do all that if your heaviest weight is broom handle, but if you use some serious weight in that training, you cannot recover from it before next cycle starts.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 02:15:34 AM »
are you implying ronnie coleman trains back with less than 100% effort? :o

yes he better hear what i have to say about training back.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 02:31:48 AM »
Calfzilla agrees. 

My split:
Day1: Biceps and chest
Day2: Shoulders and triceps
Day 3: OFF
Day4:Back
Day5:Legs
Day6:OFF
Day7:OFF

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 02:41:29 AM »
Do whatever works best for you, and you'll be fine. Nothing to worry about.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 03:21:17 AM »
Biceps workout does help with any body part.....

However,after 20 years of trainning , your elbow will give up on tricep trainning bursitis (SP)..

Same thing happened to Ronnie,Lou Ferrigno and me.

funny how you would lump yourself in with those guys , seeing you're all of a buck 170 soaking wet.
b

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2008, 05:02:00 AM »
yes he better hear what i have to say about training back.

Mars could teach these ifbb guys a thing or two.