Author Topic: Pat Robertson criticizes Bush, praises Obama  (Read 481 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pat Robertson criticizes Bush, praises Obama
« on: December 24, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »
 :o

Pat Robertson criticizes Bush, praises Obama
Posted: 04:55 PM ET

Robertson gave Bush low marks Tuesday.
(CNN) – Pat Robertson is "remarkably pleased" with President-elect Barack Obama, the conservative leader told CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux – and believes President Bush’s administration has not dealt with the nation’s economic crisis in a “professional manner.”

“Well, it's hard to assess blame, but I, over the years — I hate to be critical, I mean I am a Republican, and this is the president of the party that I'm a member of — but I think we've had some serious goofs along the way,” he said on the Situation Room Tuesday.

“The Katrina matter was terrible. The rebuilding of Iraq has been terrible. The [handling] of the economy right now has been terrible. It hasn't been handled in what I would consider a professional manner.”

Robertson said history may be kinder to Bush than current opinion. “But I believe I would look at about a C-minus right now if I were grading him,” he said.

The evangelical leader has been a supporter of Bush's presidential campaigns.

Robertson said Tuesday he was optimistic about the incoming Obama administration. “I am remarkably pleased with Obama,” he told Malveaux. “I had grave misgivings about him. But so help me, he's come in forcefully, intelligently. He's picked a middle of the road cabinet. And so far, if he continues down this course, he has the makings of a great president. So, I'm very pleased so far.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/24/pat-robertson-criticizes-bush-praises-obama/#more-33494