Author Topic: I got a George Foreman grill for Christmas  (Read 2073 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I got a George Foreman grill for Christmas
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
I know, it's very 1996-ish to have one of these, but I finally have one.  Santa hooked me up.

What meats cook up best in it?  How long do you cook them for?  do you have to slice them thin?

Etc etc.  Thanks!

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • TEAM MICRA DRESS STEAMY TURD!
Re: I got a George Foreman grill for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »
stick your own man-meat in it....

it'll give it little ribs...

your missus will love ya for it  ;)
X

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
I know, it's very 1996-ish to have one of these, but I finally have one.  Santa hooked me up.

What meats cook up best in it?  How long do you cook them for?  do you have to slice them thin?

Etc etc.  Thanks!
steak 7 mins.

LegendaryLifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »

Etc etc.  Thanks!

bad quality grill,, dont like them

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

Etc etc.  Thanks!

I got one last Christmas. They are fucking great. I cook almost everything on it. I don't really think too much about prepping the food. I just throw whole chicken breasts onto it  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
I had a smallone and I cooked everything on it ..that and a microwave and a teflon hahaha

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
I usually go for the top sirloin you see in the butcher section at the supermarket, alot of times they can pre-marinade it for you right there.

Plug in the Foreman grill let it sit for about 3,4 minutes to warm up, mine usually makes a popping sound that way I know it is hot and ready.

Throw average thickness steak on for about 7,8 minues if you like medium rare, 9 to 10 will get you in the medium to medium well range.

I love my Foreman grill I use it at least three times a week but then again I eat ALOT of steak.

I'm actually surprised you are just now getting one, to be perfectly honest with you.

solida

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »
It can be used for variety of things, it makes a  really good grilled cheese sandwiches. If you are going to cook chicken breasts on it what you do is cut the breast in half because if you don't the center will not cook properly, or you could wait extra 10 min but then it will be so dry and not edible.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
I'm actually surprised you are just now getting one, to be perfectly honest with you.

I think I had one when i lived with parents, 8 or 9 years back.  All I remember is how hard it was to wash :)

My wife usually makes double at every meal, and I just eat leftovers 2ce the next day, so I've never really had to cook meat often.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »
It can be used for variety of things, it makes a  really good grilled cheese sandwiches. If you are going to cook chicken breasts on it what you do is cut the breast in half because if you don't the center will not cook properly, or you could wait extra 10 min but then it will be so dry and not edible.

Never had that problem  :-\ If you don't cook it too fast it will be just fine without cutting it

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »

Etc etc.  Thanks!

Shit, I've been thinking of getting one for a while. Let us know what you think of it.....
HAHA, RON.....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »
I think I had one when i lived with parents, 8 or 9 years back.  All I remember is how hard it was to wash :)

My wife usually makes double at every meal, and I just eat leftovers 2ce the next day, so I've never really had to cook meat often.
does it have a tempreture setting, the only problem i found with mine is that it cooks to hot and shit does get burned to it. They make one now where the grill plates come off and i bet those are alot easier to clean then the one i have where the plates are permanatly attached. I found red meat the best not so much chicken b/c like i said mine cooked to hot so the outside would cook and the inside wouldnt.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 03:15:51 PM »
Honey and mustard maranade.
Chicken breast (make sure its not really really thick, because it takes ages to cook, and may cook unevenly.
4 mins per side (maybe less depending on thickness of breast.
Done

solida

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 03:18:24 PM »
Never had that problem  :-\ If you don't cook it too fast it will be just fine without cutting it

Cook too fast? There is no temperature setting.
Do you mean just cook it with the one side open ?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »

They make them with removable grill surfaces you can put in the dishwasher now. 

I have one, and throw chicken brests, eye of round steaks or top sirloin on there.
Ron: "I am lazy."

solida

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 03:22:41 PM »
The easiest way to clean it is to let it get hot and take a wet kitchen towel and wipe the dirt off, takes two seconds. :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »
Cleaning the surface only diminishes the flavor.

Don't be a pussy and leave it be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »
The easiest way to clean it is to let it get hot and take a wet kitchen towel and wipe the dirt off, takes two seconds. :D  Leave it dirty on the counter until the wife washes it for you.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »

Mine has a dial which you can adjust. Like from 1-6. I'll see if I can find a pic of the model I have

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 03:28:40 PM »

Mine looks something like that

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »

Mine looks something like that

Oh, you are talking about the real Foreman grill. I just bought the cheap knock off version but it works just as well

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 03:53:18 PM »
i never use mine anymore b/c it doesnt have the temp setting, i use a frying pan and just put a cover on it and it cooks the food all the way around kinda like the foreman grill.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 06:43:38 AM »
i never use mine anymore b/c it doesnt have the temp setting, i use a frying pan and just put a cover on it and it cooks the food all the way around kinda like the foreman grill.

I used several versions of the Foreman gril for years just to go back to a frying pan .