Author Topic: How can one make money in bodybuilding?  (Read 3685 times)

Akus

• Getbig I
How can one make money in bodybuilding?
« on: December 25, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »
I was reading Arnold's bodybuilding encyclopedia, you know, the one with his arm of the front cover from back in a day. He says these days you can make much more money in bodybuilding then you used to. This was in late 90's, so I'm sure that this statement is even more true a good decade later.

So, how can one use lifting weights, eating right and posing in front of cameras as a source of income?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: How can one make money in bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »
He meant prize money.

bulkdawg562

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
In any business venture you got to spend money to make money, so many factors to consider. A possible first step would be to become a personal trainer and familiarize yourself on the business end of the fitness industry, while at the same time improving your physique.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:50 AM »
He meant prize money.

sorry, not true...i only just turned pro and never had any prize money...lol

i been making money from bodybuilding for the last 13 years...yes i have my studio and i'm a personal trainer, but i can pay my mortgage every month from bodybuilding.

too much talk about the sleezy side of bodybuilding, trust me...there is an honest buck to be made in this sport.
ANIMAL

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »
G4P

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 04:45:41 AM »

i been making money from bodybuilding for the last 13 years...yes i have my studio and i'm a personal trainer, but i can pay my mortgage every month from bodybuilding.

too much talk about the sleezy side of bodybuilding, trust me...there is an honest buck to be made in this sport.

With supplement contracts and guest posing appearances as well as photo shoots for magazines.  I am sure your stock has gone up.  Congrats again Vinnie!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »
personal training.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
I think most of the legitimate income opportunities have been covered:  endorsements, personal training, writing articles, etc.  I don't have any scientific proof of the following, but it seems that those who are "fit" often get better job opportunties, etc. 
~

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:47 AM »
Private posing sessions.....
No doubt about it...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 08:08:45 AM »

Agree, same here. I have done well from competing, traveled around the world free, plus more.

It's all in self marketing.

Funny thing is, I have gotten things from this board. Say my suit sponsorship - saved me $2,500 in suits which isn't bad. I've never posted a pic nor really went into my contest history much, but seen dozens of women come and post endless pics of themselves spamming away - thats never the way. Pretty fit women are a dime a dozen in this game, no one is going to see your pic and be overwhelmed and want to sponsor you. You need to have more - a brain for starts.

Same with men, one can do well in this game - but really your physique is only part. Take Chick, people flame him or whatever, but fact is Chick does better then dozens of guys who placed way higher them him - as he has a brain and uses it. People need to get off thinking having some great body will bring them riches, that is only your foundation.