Author Topic: Bad Parents  (Read 3692 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Bad Parents
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 03:14:41 AM »
we have some great "family men" here.. ::)

i was thinking the same thing, but without the rolling of the eyes.

no reason you cant  have good morals and think about what you do objectively, AND be a bit of a lad/meathead....good stuff i reckon.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »
I believe a good beating help a lot to educate kids. And no im not joking, as i read somewhere, greet them when they do right, and beat them when they do wrong.
biggest mistake you can make ...

I hope if you ever have kids you will raise them properly

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
I think you should use all non physical options first.  If that doesn't work then beat that guy.  If that doesn't work then off to military school.  If that doesn't work then fuck em,  out they go to foster care or on the street.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 04:53:31 AM »
I think you should use all non physical options first.  If that doesn't work then beat that ####.  If that doesn't work then off to military school.  If that doesn't work then fuck em,  out they go to foster care or on the street.
translation: "this is my lifestoryand look how I turned out "  :-\

OneBigMan

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
You can't earn respect beating it into someone. You have to earn respect the old fashioned way. You earn your child's respect by being a mentor and role model. Just because you fathered a child doesn't mean they have to respect you -- that's the biggest mistake bad parents make. They assume. Kids don't owe you shit. But they will respect you if you are worthy of respect.

Beating = fear-based environment. Eventually, the child grows enough to no longer fear you, then they lash out with the fury of years of built up anxiety. The result is usually none too pleasant.

We got beatings as kids. I would never raise a hand to my kids though. I love them too much to fail them that badly as a parent.

Bad Parents: Underrated Topic.

More often than not, Mothers OR Fathers deal with their own children the way you see a supervisor deals with a employee by reinforcing the notion that one person being the child, is at the mercy of the adult just by living at home with the Mother or Father. That is the way that parenting has evolved in the environment that is attached to what going to school stands for which is much more than being just so-called "school smart". I am mentioning this based on the facts of life since one of them is that there have always been legendary bullies in many schools who are about equal to a person who has the power to be the boss of a person who works under him.

By simply mentioning what it takes to earn respect the old-fashioned way, that makes me believe in the old-school values that different types of people have when they are raised with the longevity that gives them the life span to be responsibly for themselves by the time they at least become college age adults.

Being a mentor and a role model is a label that comes from more than a parent, especially when the words mentor and role model really work in significant school settings where the teacher, instructor, guidance counselor, or professor/philosopher is actually at least trying to be a mentor or a role model. My point is that many parents do not care for their children enough and that is part of the reason why they fail their own kids being a son or a daughter.