Author Topic: Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes  (Read 4460 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes
« on: December 29, 2008, 05:02:36 AM »
For guys who have worked in the middle east...why doesnt the usa disarm israel and setup our forces over there?  basically...disarm them similar to germany and japan (wwII jacka$$e$) and protect them. same effect but we control the conflict.  as long as they can go on a $5B FREE of charge shopping sprees for our arms yrly...this stuff wont end.

WASHINGTON – Israel's foreign minister says the Jewish state had "no alternative" but to launch a series of attacks in Gaza.

Tzipi Livni (TSIH'-pee LIHV'-nee) said her country "tried everything in order to avoid this military operation," but that Israel would not live under attack by Hamas.

Livni said, "Israel is looking to give its citizens a decent life, the right to live in peace and quiet like any other citizens in the world."

The foreign minister, interviewed Monday on CBS's "The Early Show," said she wishes Israel could live in peace, "but this is not the situation unfortunately."

The Bush administration has blamed the renewed violence on Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip. The United States said Hamas broke a cease-fire by firing rockets and mortars deep into Israeli territory. The Arab world, however, has reacted with rage to the aggressive Israeli counterattacks, which has killed and injured hundreds.
Oh...Monica!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Re: Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:22 AM »
For guys who have worked in the middle east...why doesnt the usa disarm israel and setup our forces over there?  basically...disarm them similar to germany and japan (wwII jacka$$e$) and protect them. same effect but we control the conflict.  as long as they can go on a $5B FREE of charge shopping sprees for our arms yrly...this stuff wont end.

WASHINGTON – Israel's foreign minister says the Jewish state had "no alternative" but to launch a series of attacks in Gaza.

Tzipi Livni (TSIH'-pee LIHV'-nee) said her country "tried everything in order to avoid this military operation," but that Israel would not live under attack by Hamas.

Livni said, "Israel is looking to give its citizens a decent life, the right to live in peace and quiet like any other citizens in the world."

The foreign minister, interviewed Monday on CBS's "The Early Show," said she wishes Israel could live in peace, "but this is not the situation unfortunately."

The Bush administration has blamed the renewed violence on Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip. The United States said Hamas broke a cease-fire by firing rockets and mortars deep into Israeli territory. The Arab world, however, has reacted with rage to the aggressive Israeli counterattacks, which has killed and injured hundreds.

Get the facts right, it's not even close to what you claim.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »

They are a soverign nation and dont need our soldiers to fight their fight.

Like any school yard fight, letting it go almost always results in its finality.

Let these two fight it out and the loser goes home.     

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »
Very reasonable for Israel to defend itself.  However, we give too much $ to them in aid.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:32:14 AM »
Very reasonable for Israel to defend itself.  However, we give too much $ to them in aid.

I hate it when people say it without knowing how it works, please check it throughly.
It far from how you people present it.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:52:43 AM »
Are you saying we do not give disproportional amounts of aid to Israel?  You are sorely mistaken if you think that.

I fully support Israel defending itself from the terrorist groups along its boarders...but to ignore the fact that we give them a enormous amount of money (that we don't have) is incorrect.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
Are you saying we do not give disproportional amounts of aid to Israel?  You are sorely mistaken if you think that.

I fully support Israel defending itself from the terrorist groups along its boarders...but to ignore the fact that we give them a enormous amount of money (that we don't have) is incorrect.

We give them loans and they have never defaulted on even one of them.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »
That's a brilliant concept. I mean, it's not like we spend $3 to $4 BILLION in a week in Iraq. So basically, we'd spend 2x as much in less than a month there. We could rack up another $4 trillion in debt disarming and defending a country that we don't need to. 

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »

Israel doesn't get money, it kind of like a Walmart sale. If Israel buys equipment in X moneythey get Y more money of equipment, it's actually an artificial way to pump more money into the indangered military industry in the US.

I can explain more on this I have before but most of you are stuck with notions that the general media inserted into your minds.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »
Ridiculous statement. He assumes that both sides are somehow even in this conflict or that Israel can't defend itself. Israel is doing what we wish we could do to these worthless pricks.
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »
I agree with Israel striking.  You can't fight terrorists in your backyard with diplomacy.

Perhaps there are aid details that are not well publicized, but I have seen aid breakdowns where Israel is by far the largest recipient of US financial aid.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
but who are the terrorists?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
I agree with Israel striking.  You can't fight terrorists in your backyard with diplomacy.

Perhaps there are aid details that are not well publicized, but I have seen aid breakdowns where Israel is by far the largest recipient of US financial aid.

The supposed budget Israel gets for military purchases is BS, look into the details.
You just hear some number and base your opinion on it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 12:16:25 PM »
Israel doesn't get money, it kind of like a Walmart sale. If Israel buys equipment in X moneythey get Y more money of equipment, it's actually an artificial way to pump more money into the indangered military industry in the US.

I can explain more on this I have before but most of you are stuck with notions that the general media inserted into your minds.
congrats... you're a walking billboard for Stormfront.  They should pay you for the advertising you do.  You spew such epic jackassary, even my dog wants to exterminate you.  Lucky for you I talked her down.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

This looked like the most credible link I can come up with.  I skimmed all of it. 
-We are increasing aid to Israel over the next 10 yrs (an additional 6 billion). 
-Most of the recent funds given to Israel were to purchase military equipment.  75% from US made miltary supplies and up to 25% Israeli supplies.  I suppose I understand the need for this.
-A portion of aid is for resettlement (MRA fund), which is bullshit.  There are loans for housing shortages, economic recovery, schools & hospitals grants, combined scientific&business programs, emergency aid (JEDG), and funding for movement and installation of troops.  I do not agree with these grants and loans.

-Israel became the largest recipient of US aid in 1974 and remains the #1 recipient of aid outside of Iraq during the Iraq war.
-Israel has not defaulted on any US low interest loans. 
-Military expendatures make up 2/3 of total aid.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 12:41:40 PM »
Mars, It has been reported that HAMAS has been firing missles into Israel in recent months.  It makes perfect sense for Israel to strike back and strike harder.  These people are indoctrinated with religious and cultural hate...hard to reason with centuries of religious hatred and ignorance.  Thats why I don't blame Israel for striking back.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 02:24:12 PM »
congrats... you're a walking billboard for Stormfront.  They should pay you for the advertising you do.  You spew such epic jackassary, even my dog wants to exterminate you.  Lucky for you I talked her down.

Why do you keep deleting my posts, prick?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 02:25:38 PM »
Mars, It has been reported that HAMAS has been firing missles into Israel in recent months.  It makes perfect sense for Israel to strike back and strike harder.  These people are indoctrinated with religious and cultural hate...hard to reason with centuries of religious hatred and ignorance.  Thats why I don't blame Israel for striking back.

Was there anything that provoked HAMAS shooting missiles into Israel or do they have a side to the story here?  

I find it hard to believe that they just fired missiles for no reason.  (not that the reason would be valid or appropriate, i just want to know why)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
Was there anything that provoked HAMAS shooting missiles into Israel or do they have a side to the story here?  

I find it hard to believe that they just fired missiles for no reason.  (not that the reason would be valid or appropriate, i just want to know why)

They've been firing missiles throughout the "cease fire". Hamas, which controls the police force in Gaza, has done nothing to stop the launching groups. Thus Israel took action.

No one can violate the terms of a cease fire for months and not expect a reprisal.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
They've been firing missiles throughout the "cease fire". Hamas, which controls the police force in Gaza, has done nothing to stop the launching groups. Thus Israel took action.

No one can violate the terms of a cease fire for months and not expect a reprisal.

The reprisal is unfortunate, but understandable even though the loss of innocent lives is terrible.

So independent terrorists (who are able to operate there without interference from "Hamas") are just firing missiles for no stated reason?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »

They are firing missiles at civilian targets for 8 YEARS, it's just shitty media that hides it.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

This looked like the most credible link I can come up with.  I skimmed all of it. 
-We are increasing aid to Israel over the next 10 yrs (an additional 6 billion). 
-Most of the recent funds given to Israel were to purchase military equipment.  75% from US made military supplies and up to 25% Israeli supplies.  I suppose I understand the need for this.
-A portion of aid is for resettlement (MRA fund), which is bullshit.  There are loans for housing shortages, economic recovery, schools & hospitals grants, combined scientific&business programs, emergency aid (JEDG), and funding for movement and installation of troops.  I do not agree with these grants and loans.

-Israel became the largest recipient of US aid in 1974 and remains the #1 recipient of aid outside of Iraq during the Iraq war.
-Israel has not defaulted on any US low interest loans. 
-Military expenditures make up 2/3 of total aid.

Hopefully I will get around to Read this throughly and reply, I don't want to half ass it after you brought such an interesting document.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
The reprisal is unfortunate, but understandable even though the loss of innocent lives is terrible.

So independent terrorists (who are able to operate there without interference from "Hamas") are just firing missiles for no stated reason?

Stated reason? They want to destroy Israel. Hamas says they're going to drive the Israeli's into the sea. That's your reason. They've launched over 6,000 rockets and mortars at Israeli civilians this year. If Canada or Mexico did that to us, they would've been a smoldering crater 5,900 rockets ago.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

Israel does get money from the US, as many other countries too.  However, they are restricted into various means, aka selling technology. Can you imagine if Israel could sell billions of dollars worth of technology to countries around the world. They would make a ton of money, incredible amounts.

Was there anything that provoked HAMAS shooting missiles into Israel or do they have a side to the story here? I find it hard to believe that they just fired missiles for no reason. (not that the reason would be valid or appropriate, i just want to know why)

Hamas' aim is the destruction of Israel. Simple as that. They knew Israel would eventually fire back, but not to this extreme. That they did not anticipate. A picture of a father holding his dead son killed by an Israeli missle is the firepower they need to provoke Arabs and get more money for their aim.  You don't see them talking about the 2 girls their own missle killed in Gaza. Or the people they are killed all because they just want peace with Israel.

How many times was Hamas warned. The gov of Israel even went on Arabic television pleading with Hamas to stop. They didn't and won't.  Stopping would mean not acheiving their claim of destroying Israel. I know that is hard to understand to some, as in the US and many other parts, it is unthinkable.

Almosts as unthinkable as someone going to a house of Christmas Eve, killing nine people, and then burning them up.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
Stated reason? They want to destroy Israel. Hamas says they're going to drive the Israeli's into the sea. That's your reason. They've launched over 6,000 rockets and mortars at Israeli civilians this year. If Canada or Mexico did that to us, they would've been a smoldering crater 5,900 rockets ago.

Hamas' aim is the destruction of Israel. Simple as that. They knew Israel would eventually fire back, but not to this extreme. That they did not anticipate. A picture of a father holding his dead son killed by an Israeli missle is the firepower they need to provoke Arabs and get more money for their aim.  You don't see them talking about the 2 girls their own missle killed in Gaza. Or the people they are killed all because they just want peace with Israel.

How many times was Hamas warned. The gov of Israel even went on Arabic television pleading with Hamas to stop. They didn't and won't.  Stopping would mean not acheiving their claim of destroying Israel. I know that is hard to understand to some, as in the US and many other parts, it is unthinkable.

Almosts as unthinkable as someone going to a house of Christmas Eve, killing nine people, and then burning them up.

So, it's:  We just hate you so we are going to ignore the cease fire an fire missiles anyway?  That doesn't make much sense and doesn't help their cause.  They are not going to destroy Israel by firing missiles at them and they will never have enough to fire to make a real difference other than then to evoke this retaliation.

That's why i think there's more to it.  But maybe it is as you both say. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:52 PM »
So, it's:  We just hate you so we are going to ignore the cease fire an fire missiles anyway?  That doesn't make much sense and doesn't help their cause.  They are not going to destroy Israel by firing missiles at them and they will never have enough to fire to make a real difference other than then to evoke this retaliation.

Their intention is to provoke sympathy throughout the entire Muslim and non-Muslim world so they can get pressure and more money to help their cause. Anger brings money in. And bigger players into the region, aka Russia, Iran and more. 

A picture is worth a thousand words and lots of money.  Hamas has lost supporters and money.  This way, they think they can raise more money and get more supporters. 

See, they will announce that because of this, they have recruited 1,000 more members who 'volunteered' plus more money will come into their coffers based on 'religious' beliefs. 

Yes, it is very hard to understand what it means to be hated and wanting the destruction of something.  People cannot comprehend that.