Author Topic: Rashad Evans vs. Anderson Silva at 205...thoughts?  (Read 1606 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Rashad Evans vs. Anderson Silva at 205...thoughts?
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
I feel this would be a great fight. Two completely different fighters that have dominated....

Maybe even 185 would be cool too.

I give it to Rashad. Hard to go against him at this point.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Rashad Evans vs. Anderson Silva at 205...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »
silva would kill rashad
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »
I feel this would be a great fight. Two completely different fighters that have dominated....

Maybe even 185 would be cool too.

I give it to Rashad. Hard to go against him at this point.

Rashad is good but Silva is light years ahead of him. In the post fight press conference Evans mentioned that Forrest figured out his timing a couple of times and beat him to the punch. He mentioned that he was embarrassed that Forrest caught him with a "superman" punch once during the fight. If Forrest can figure out Rashad imagine what someone like Silva would do

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
It would be a dope fight that i would pay to see. silva moving up to 205 and actually fighting a stud will be great entertainment imo. i still think silva wins, but it would be good a fight, not a one minute james irvin special

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
you really gotta hand it to Evans...  really a hard fighter.  Happy for him.  Seems like a good guy and has really earned his spot.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »
No chance they give Silva a chance to wreck the 205 class.  Silva would destroy him. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »
No chance they give Silva a chance to wreck the 205 class.  Silva would destroy him. 

He has already had at least one fight at 205. James Irvin.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
id go with silva all day,the only thing evans got on silva is wrestling,but silva got that crazy triangle bodylock from his back that sucks the life out of his opponant.not to mention silva submitted bjj black belts in the cage before,dana wouldnt want that fight cause he knows evans aint ready for anderson at this point,that would throw a curve ball in the whole 185-205 weight class if silva beat evans.i think hammil could beat evans imo,i know many wont agree with me but hamil has the style to beat evans imo.id like to see hamil get a title shot,the kids a great person and with all the adversity that he faced in his life that would be a story book ending for hamil to hold that belt over his head in the octagon.i mean how can you not like the guy?hes the type of guy that you really want to see make it big
R

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:40:01 AM »
id go with silva all day,the only thing evans got on silva is wrestling,but silva got that crazy triangle bodylock from his back that sucks the life out of his opponant.not to mention silva submitted bjj black belts in the cage before,dana wouldnt want that fight cause he knows evans aint ready for anderson at this point,that would throw a curve ball in the whole 185-205 weight class if silva beat evans.i think hammil could beat evans imo,i know many wont agree with me but hamil has the style to beat evans imo.id like to see hamil get a title shot,the kids a great person and with all the adversity that he faced in his life that would be a story book ending for hamil to hold that belt over his head in the octagon.i mean how can you not like the guy?hes the type of guy that you really want to see make it big

Hammil might be a possible tough challenge for Evans, but I just don't think he is ready yet. Hammil also just got beat by Franklin, who got destroyed twice by Silva. Hard to think he could beat Rashad at this point.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:59:47 AM »
thoughts?

yeah.....

you're an  idiot !

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »

yeah.....

you're an  idiot !

Don't take getbig so serious...It's just the web.

Trust me...everyone is just an IP.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
Matt Hammil would get destroyed by Rashad.