Author Topic: Is there energy ready-to-drink that works?  (Read 3718 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Is there energy ready-to-drink that works?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »
I'm just talking about if you want a quick energy boost...who cares what it's used by???..does it give you a quick boost of energy to work out???
well if your working out id assume you want the nutrients to go t the muscles your working, not just your liver. but your right, replenishign liver glycogen with fructose does give you some energy nonetheless. however for energy i still think caffiene is superior, becase its like a drug to your mind

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
well if your working out id assume you want the nutrients to go t the muscles your working, not just your liver. but your right, replenishign liver glycogen with fructose does give you some energy nonetheless. however for energy i still think caffiene is superior, becase its like a drug to your mind

agreed....I'm just saying that I don't want you guys to waste money on some crappy "energy drink" which has yohimbe, caffeine, taurine, and ginseng.....the energy drinks all have the same crappy ingredients which according to their research, boosts energy..and notice how all of them have some kind of "preprietary blend"..what ever that is???..this way they can claim to be putting something unique into the drink and market the same junk for $6.00 that you can get from the other guy for $1.99.....it's all junk!....at least I know whats in soda....and at 75 cents a can!..plus half a chocolate bar..you can't beat that.....as for the nutrients going to the muscle..I'll worry about that later...when I eat a nice big hardy lunch or dinner, maybe along with some vitamins

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »
you want energy?..nothing better than a nice 12 oz Coke or Pepsi...sugar is the original energy booster..or have a Snickers...these things are much cheaper..supplement companies are ripping you guys off big time..you can have sugar...the bodybuilding books and the supp companies are full of shit when it comes to sugar....as long as you don't abuse it and you don't eat a whole pack of chips ahoys or drink two liters of Dr. Pepper every day you will be fine with the occasional soda or chocolate bar after or even before training....the supps want you guys to hate sugar so u can continue buying their over-priced shit for $3.99-6 bucks per can.  WHAT A RIP-OFF YOU IDIOTS!!!!..and I say that respectfully..not trying to pick any fights here

Personally, I don't care for soda, especially colas.  Secondly, the large volume of liquid, combined with the fizz makes me feel bloated.  So many of the typical energy drinks (like Monster) are what  ??? 24oz  :-X :-X :-X  Third, I'd be running to the restroom every 10 minutes during my workout.  Fourth, I'd rather not have the extra calories, especially from something I don't enjoy.  Target sells the 5Hour Energy for $2.50ea.  ~btw, caffeine is not a primary ingredient.

:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »
  Fourth, I'd rather not have the extra calories
well almost all energy drinks come in calorie free, or super low calorie, options.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 12:20:05 AM »
Quote from: tbombz link=topic=254735. \msg3597776#msg3597776 date=1230884100
well almost all energy drinks come in calorie free, or super low calorie, options.

This one doesn't taste too bad - but again, 24 ounces  :-\

oops  ::) 16oz  :)
:

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 12:20:56 AM »

This one doesn't taste too bad - but again, 24 ounces  :-\

your a girl and girls got small blatters. (well, it seems that way at least). so i undertsand.

personally i oculd drink a gallon of water and it would be two hours before i had to urinate.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
redline. spike. monster(i like low carb). rockstar(i like sugar free).

Redline gave me a seizure just as i was about to start benching, good thing i had a training buddy that day!!
D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
Personally, I don't care for soda, especially colas.  Secondly, the large volume of liquid, combined with the fizz makes me feel bloated.  So many of the typical energy drinks (like Monster) are what  ??? 24oz  :-X :-X :-X  Third, I'd be running to the restroom every 10 minutes during my workout.  Fourth, I'd rather not have the extra calories, especially from something I don't enjoy.  Target sells the 5Hour Energy for $2.50ea.  ~btw, caffeine is not a primary ingredient.

I like the 5 hour energy shots. I don't know about the five hour part but they're good for a quick boost. They also make a six hour energy shot.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
I like the 5 hour energy shots. I don't know about the five hour part but they're good for a quick boost. They also make a six hour energy shot.

I am holding out for seven.

E

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »

"Seven little chipmunks sittin on a branch, eating lots of peanuts on my uncles ranch..."

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
"Seven little chipmunks sittin on a branch, eating lots of peanuts on my uncles ranch..."

Seven is definitely the key number here, when the energy shot gets it right, look out.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »
what if you take 1 every 5 hours

would that give you energy for 24 hours straight!!!
Z

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »
nope..won't give you nothing but a bad stomach ache....energy drinks do not work,,and if they do it's due to the sugar in it......don't waste money guys..you are just making supp companies rich..it's really embarrassing how we are being conned into buying junk with our hard-earned cash...why not just mail it directly to muscle -tech??

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »

Maybe that's what REALLY caused those skid marks  :o

:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 06:21:08 AM »
I want to waste my money

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

Z

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 07:17:18 AM »
REDLINE works, plain and simple.

Drink a half bottle of that shit and your jumping out of your skin.

DREN from MHP is good too, but makes you edgy.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
REDLINE works, plain and simple.

Drink a half bottle of that shit and your jumping out of your skin.

DREN from MHP is good too, but makes you edgy.
it would take me two bottles of "redline extreme" (new improved version) to get jacked up.

i wish i didnt have tolerance for stimulants.  :-\