Author Topic: THE TOTAL ABSOLUTE NO - BULLSHIT TRUTH ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS  (Read 49593 times)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Re: TO ALL MODERATORS THAT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH URINE THERAPY
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
  Why have you underlined that part? All judgement is arbitrary. There are no specific guidelines as to what to do for each and every single possible thing that can happen. Ron has established trolling, baiting and off-topic banter as things that are ok to be deleted. However, the interpretation of what constitutes trolling and baiting is subjective and it's up for the mods to decide. Any mod here or on any other internet board interprets what constitutes trolling and disruptive behavior and acts on his own judgement. There isn't a list with all possible posts that constitutes trolling for us to search for and see if a post is a troll post or not. Just like a judge interprets laws in a judicial rulling, a mod interprets the administrator's rules in his own rulings. And I did not delete your post, Soundness. That was another mod.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
I realize you personally didn't delete the post, I hold nothing against you for that.

Valid point, but it's obvious urine therapy is not "trolling" or a joke in any way, would you not agree?

It's clearly not something I made up; you can find a wealth of information on it on the internet, and as I've pointed out, there are even a number of organizations devoted to it. It is a fact of the world and taken advantage o by millions. It is no joke and advice pertaining to it is genuine, in no way "trolling."

I appreciate your mature response, suckmymuscle, I enjoy your posts very much so and as I said, I'm not trying to single you out by any means. I simply know someone moderating this forum apparently needs to hear these things and I can only hope they comprehend it. Again, I respect others' opinions and expect reciprocal respect. My posts and advice are genuine, that should also be clear, I would not waste my time doing otherwise on here. Thanks.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »
My posts and advice is genuine, that should also be clear, I would not waste my time doing otherwise on here. Thanks.

Exactly.

Our initiative with urine therapy has been genuine from the start. Debussey has as already stated personally experimented with this, and is very pleased with the results. Although Debussey has not dug as deeply into the science of urine therapy as Soundness has, Debusseys experiences = a useful contribution to this subject, as is other members experiences with different supplements and dieting strategies that = frequently posted on this board.

Although some people for some reason believe that Debussey's user rapports lack the serious nature commonly associated with posts of this kind where experiences = shared, Debussey assures you that the urine experiments = real. Debussey might have some fun on the other boards, but would not troll this board when it comes to this.

Debusseys user rapports with this therapy has NOT violated the forum rules.

Just to make this clear:

1. Show common courtesy at all times. Know the difference between a difference of opinion and a personal attack. Don't engage in insults. Do remember that we have members from a variety of nations, races and religious beliefs.
-> Debussey has not been acting inappropriately in discussing this topic. All discussions have been civil.

2. Search for existing topics before starting new threads.
-> As far as Debussey knows, there = almost no existing user experiences on this therapy on this board.

3. Do not post copyrighted material without permission, except as allowable under fair-use guidelines; post the link instead.
-> Never done that.

4. Do not post solicitations or advertisements without permission.
-> Never done that.

5. Do not post public threats, or any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, or invasive of a person's privacy.
-> Never done that. The experiences Debussey has posted has been as accurate as these experiences can be.

6. This forum is for support, empowerment, sharing opinions and entertainment. Getbig.com is not a professional advice forum, and no one should use it as such. For medical problems, consult a medical professional.
-> Never broken.

7. Moderators may move posts as deemed necessary to ensure you get the appropriate help.
-> If there is a clear difference of opinion here between the moderators and Debussey and Soundness, EVEN THOUGH no rules have have been broken.. Then this thing has to be settled with Ron.

8. Do not register or post under multiple user names.
-> Debussey don't do that.

9. Report objectionable posts to the moderators rather than responding in kind.
-> Debussey = in agreement with this rule.

10. Members who violate forum rules will receive a warning, and continued violations may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. The moderators reserve the right to edit or delete posts that violate forum rules.
-> Debussey has never received a warning regarding the nutrition board, and Debussey has a well established and constructive dialogue with Ron.

11. By registering to use the forum, you agree to abide by all terms and conditions, and give the board administration staff permission to contact you at the e-mail address listed in your profile.   
-> Debussey = familiar with this rule.

12.  Getbig has a search feature.  Use it before posting your question.
-> Debussey has already done that, as indicated earlier in this post.

Rimbaud basically deleted some of Debusseys posts regarding this because he meant urine therapy lacked any kind of seriousness to it. He wrote: "Ok. So you're drinking piss. Now we all know it's serious. Keep it on the PM's.", even though there has been NO rule violations regarding this, and even though urine therapy CLEARLY has scientific backing to some degree.

Also keep in mind that a lot of the bodybuilding supplements discussed on this board have less science and real testimonials backing their effectivity than urine therapy does. So if Rimbaud had actually studied urine therapy a little bit, he should have been aware of the fact that it = more serious than a lot of the supplements that = freely discussed here.

Debussey has nothing against any of the moderators on this board, and Debussey thank you all for many good contributions to Getbig. Debussey therefore hopes that we can come to an agreement to this, since the discussion basically don't break any rules, while having more cred than many other "accepted" discussions here.

And mods, please do not delete this post, as there is nothing in the rules that says it should be deleted. Taking the rules in your own hands do not improve the quality of this board. If anything, this discussion is a great way for us all to improve this board.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: THE TOTAL ABSOLUTE NO - BULLSHIT TRUTH ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2009, 09:08:20 PM »
Debussey and soundness..you have convinced me that you are both serious about the piss-drinking theory...I am not ready to try it yet and I don't think I ever will to be honest...but no offense...you two guys must stink to high heaven if you are actually using piss in your hair..on your skin...drinking it...etc....does it make you smell bad...this is a serious question...not a put-down

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
Debussey and soundness..you have convinced me that you are both serious about the piss-drinking theory...I am not ready to try it yet and I don't think I ever will to be honest...but no offense...you two guys must stink to high heaven if you are actually using piss in your hair..on your skin...drinking it...etc....does it make you smell bad...this is a serious question...not a put-down
No, it actually absorbs completely into the body, including the hair, skin, inside the mouth, etc... quickly, and no longer smells after it absorbs.

Something even more interesting is that it will make all the cells of your entire body do what they do even better. For instance, it will make the skin cells absorb oxygen more efficiently. It will reverse aging effects. Most of what we call "aging" is actually the effects of starving ourselves of what we need, which was in the urine we have been throwing away all along.

So, no, it doesn't make you smell. In fact, it makes you smell better than if you hadn't used it, because it cleans you. It absorbs into any part of your body quickly, then once it is completely absorbed there is no smell at all and you are a healthier you.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »
Debussey DF,

Regarding THIS particular issue, you must admit your past behavior demonstrates a lack of seriousness on most topics (here & elsewhere).  Since past behavior is a fairly good predictor of future behavior it is easy to understand why your post(s) may have been misinterpreted/misjudged and subsequently removed.  Let's consider it an honest mistake and move forward.

Secondly, on a lighter note  :P  This moderator finds two things incredibly annoying about your participation here.

1.  Talking in the 3rd person
2.  Your avatar

Don't worry.  I won't hold them against you  ;D

Happy New Year
:

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »
Debussey DF,

Regarding THIS particular issue, you must admit your past behavior demonstrates a lack of seriousness on most topics (here & elsewhere).  Since past behavior is a fairly good predictor of future behavior it is easy to understand why your post(s) may have been misinterpreted/misjudged and subsequently removed.  Let's consider it an honest mistake and move forward.

Secondly, on a lighter note  :P  This moderator finds two things incredibly annoying about your participation here.

2.  Your avatar

Don't worry.  I won't hold them against you  ;D

Happy New Year

Thank you. Debussey agrees, let's move forward and make this place an arena for constructive dialogue where everyone can benefit.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 06:22:29 AM »
Debussey DF,

2.  Your avatar

Don't worry.  I won't hold them against you  Grin

Happy New Year

Gotta agree with Pincess L, Debussey....a lot of time I don't know if you are serious, joking, or a raving lunatic....and talking about yourself in the third person makes me think u are a schizophrenic.....your posts are very insightful for the most part though....and I enjoy reading them...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »
Rimbaud basically deleted some of Debusseys posts regarding this because he meant urine therapy lacked any kind of seriousness to it. He wrote: "Ok. So you're drinking piss. Now we all know it's serious. Keep it on the PM's.", even though there has been NO rule violations regarding this, and even though urine therapy CLEARLY has scientific backing to some degree.

Also keep in mind that a lot of the bodybuilding supplements discussed on this board have less science and real testimonials backing their effectivity than urine therapy does. So if Rimbaud had actually studied urine therapy a little bit, he should have been aware of the fact that it = more serious than a lot of the supplements that = freely discussed here.

No Rimbaud deleted the posts because it's nearly impossibly to tell if you're ever serious (& many others). Most of your posts here sound like they belong on the G&O board not the nutrition board. How would you explain the spamming the supposed urine therapy threads, posts, etc have caused (even by the Debussey). All I'm saying is keep it fairly serious & don't go too off topic (for example a thread about whey protein doesn't need fifteen urine posts does it?). So lastly if Debussey had taken & passed middle school composition he would know how to write.  ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »
No Rimbaud deleted the posts because it's nearly impossibly to tell if you're ever serious (& many others). Most of your posts here sound like they belong on the G&O board not the nutrition board. How would you explain the spamming the supposed urine therapy threads, posts, etc have caused (even by the Debussey). All I'm saying is keep it fairly serious & don't go too off topic (for example a thread about whey protein doesn't need fifteen urine posts does it?). So lastly if Debussey had taken & passed middle school composition he would know how to write.  ;)

:D

Debussey will enjoy a lot of urine this next year.

Gotta agree with Pincess L, Debussey....a lot of time I don't know if you are serious, joking, or a raving lunatic....and talking about yourself in the third person makes me think u are a schizophrenic.....your posts are very insightful for the most part though....and I enjoy reading them...

Although Debusseys demeanor can seem somewhat ambiguous at times, Debussey can assure you that it has been 100% serious with the urine therapy. Having some of it now in fact.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »
okay Debussey, we get it..please no more urine posts...

but I hope this thread has made many of you guys out there think and to keep your money in your wallets...quit it with buying useless supps....they are worthless for the most part although I will make a slight concession to whey protein since it can give you a quick meal, still you don't even need that if you are eating well and eating hardy,,,all you need is fruits and veggies....milk....poult ry, fish, and steaks....potatoes...and eat maybe about four times a day with big portions....drink lots of water or crystal lite and thats it.....

this will help you big time

suckmymuscle

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »

but I hope this thread has made many of you guys out there think and to keep your money in your wallets...quit it with buying useless supps....they are worthless for the most part although I will make a slight concession to whey protein since it can give you a quick meal, still you don't even need that if you are eating well and eating hardy,,,all you need is fruits and veggies....milk....poult ry, fish, and steaks....potatoes...and eat maybe about four times a day with big portions....drink lots of water or crystal lite and thats it.....

It must be pointed out that, even though whey protein is not necessary for muscle growth and is not considerably superior in it's ability to provide a positive nitrogen balance than other complete proteins like that of whole eggs and red meat, it offers the advantage that protein in peptide form is more bioavailable, meaning that your muscles will get it faster than the protein from steak or eggs, meaning that this may allow them to grow faster, and also that whey protein is ultra-lean unlike that of whole eggs, steak or even skinless chicken beast - which contains 4% fat versus less than 1% for most whey protein products. Just so you'll know, "andreisdaman".

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 02:22:12 PM »

whey is cheaper and better than any meat

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »
Yes, I see the truth now. All supplements are useless. The fact that I am in my mid forties and have been able to restore high levels of my own testosterone levels (so I don't have to rely on artificial sources which eventually require larger and larger doses resulting in side effects that need to be contolled with anti-estrogens, DHt inhibitors to prevent hairloss and prostate enlargement, cholesterol problems  and shrunken non-functioning testicles) has all been a placebo. My twenty years of studying and personally experimenting with many supplements has all been for nothing since it's all an illusion. I will quit immediately and go on hormone replacement. LOL

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »
whey is cheaper and better than any meat

Not exactly.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
Not exactly.
yeah exactl... got any examples to prove that false?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »
yeah exactl... got any examples to prove that false?

Damn boy use spell check or learn how to type.

What's the price of whey per pound? $3.50-5.00 for a pound (roughly for concentrate). Depending on where you shop you can get meat for cheaper then that. That's all settle down there kiddo.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
Last week I purchases a pound of 96% lean ground beef for under $4 a pound.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
per pound but how many grams of protein  thats what matters. also better amino acid profile (mainly more leucine)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
per pound but how many grams of protein  thats what matters. also better amino acid profile (mainly more leucine)

I was answering the cheaper part. I'm not an idiot. I understand the AA contents & such are different.

I think you get more then enough L-leucine.  ;)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
   It must be pointed out that, even though whey protein is not necessary for muscle growth and is not considerably superior in it's ability to provide a positive nitrogen balance than other complete proteins like that of whole eggs and red meat, it offers the advantage that protein in peptide form is more bioavailable, meaning that your muscles will get it faster than the protein from steak or eggs, meaning that this may allow them to grow faster, and also that whey protein is ultra-lean unlike that of whole eggs, steak or even skinless chicken beast - which contains 4% fat versus less than 1% for most whey protein products. Just so you'll know, "andreisdaman".

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Gotta admit that's a good point, MUSCLE......thanks for the info....I do in fact use protein powders, just not consistently due to high cost.....and the rip-off factor...(do you see what Nitro-Tech and Freak-Fix cost?...they are out of their minds!!!)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
Last week I purchases a pound of 96% lean ground beef for under $4 a pound.

thats a great deal..and you are better off doing that

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
Yes, I see the truth now. All supplements are useless. The fact that I am in my mid forties and have been able to restore high levels of my own testosterone levels (so I don't have to rely on artificial sources which eventually require larger and larger doses resulting in side effects that need to be contolled with anti-estrogens, DHt inhibitors to prevent hairloss and prostate enlargement, cholesterol problems  and shrunken non-functioning testicles) has all been a placebo. My twenty years of studying and personally experimenting with many supplements has all been for nothing since it's all an illusion. I will quit immediately and go on hormone replacement. LOL

Hi Chemist...by no means was I meaning to degrade your experience with supps.,....can you share your secret as to how you were able to boost your test levels?..and exactly how old are you?..I am 46

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »
Guys...you all seem very smart and very knowledgeable about these things.....but again//believe me..if you want to ramp up your test levels..just go to the urologist.....he will give you a needle in the ass of testosterone every two months...costs me $45.00 per visit....and I am getting the real thing......don't have to waste money on supp junk....this works better than any supp...and my dick is so hard in the mornings it feels like it's going to burst out of my underwear and walk around the room on it's own...and for the average gym joe...this is sufficient..u are never going to get the huge amounts of test needed to build extaordinary muscle like the pros by taking inhibitors and stuf like that...

Once every two months? What form of testosterone and what dosage?

Once every two months would produce a roller coaster effect of hormone levels in the body. You would have high levels of testosterone right after the injection, then levels dropping to nothing after a couple of weeks depending on the type of testosterone used.

This would wreak havoc with your mind and body.

Standard good practice for HRT is 100mg or so injected once per week. This keeps blood levels more or less stable.

Many people on HRT also have to take aromatase inhibitors such as arimidex to keep estrogen under control, as high estrogen levels can lower sex drive and mood. High testosterone by itself doesn't guarantee good sex drive and mood.

Maybe you are on "testosterone pellets" which last a lot longer than injections.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »
Once every two months? What form of testosterone and what dosage?

Once every two months would produce a roller coaster effect of hormone levels in the body. You would have high levels of testosterone right after the injection, then levels dropping to nothing after a couple of weeks depending on the type of testosterone used.

This would wreak havoc with your mind and body.

Standard good practice for HRT is 100mg or so injected once per week. This keeps blood levels more or less stable.

Many people on HRT also have to take aromatase inhibitors such as arimidex to keep estrogen under control, as high estrogen levels can lower sex drive and mood. High testosterone by itself doesn't guarantee good sex drive and mood.

Maybe you are on "testosterone pellets" which last a lot longer than injections.

Nope...I take injections in the ass...and you may be right...it all depends on whats right for you...the doctors will first use some test to see how you react to it...plus they give you a prescription for viagra or cialis to see if those work to help you out sexually...I didn't like being dependant on pills and the injections worked wonders for me..I'm not saying that it will work for everyone...but it was enough for me to give me nice erections and to boost my libido a bit...I was always horny before and always had the drive, but needed something to give me more energy and get-up-and-go...it's been really wonderful for me and I like the fact that I am only getting a little bit...I don't want very large doses in my body..just enough to replace what I have lost over the years.....my body was really beat up from the yearts of training and I needed a pick-me-up...my test levels were very low....in the 190's.....normal is about 230's and up

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »

Gotta admit that's a good point, MUSCLE......thanks for the info....I do in fact use protein powders, just not consistently due to high cost.....and the rip-off factor...(do you see what Nitro-Tech and Freak-Fix cost?...they are out of their minds!!!)

That shouldn’t be an issue. There are protein powders that you can get for a economical price. For instance, Sam’s Club sells 5-lb bags of EAS 100% Whey Protein for about $30. Or, you can hit Wal-Mart and get Body Fortress Whey Protein for just under $14 for a (now) 2.2-lb jug or $33 for a 5-lb jug.

Plus, you can always hit Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and look for clearance sales. The best deals I’ve obtained there is when Vitamin Shoppe marked down jugs of HDT 5+1 Whey protein to $10 each (I think that brand has been discontinued; hence the reason for the ultra-low price); I ended up getting three of them.

Not to mention that, at one point, Vitamin Shoppe’s brand of whey protein, Whey Tech, went for $25 for a 5-lb jug. The price has jumped to $35 over the past year. But, even with whey prices skyrocketing, VS kept the price down for as long as they could.

Then, there's GNC. With a little patience, you can get some of their stuff on clearance, such as IsoPure's RTD for $1.17 (as I type this, I'm downing a Blue Raspberry one). And, GNC is now having, at least for the next month, a "Buy One; Get One 50% Off" on nearly every product from every single brand in the store.

A little bargain shopping and some patience and you should be able to get your protein powder, without taking out a second mortgage.  ;D