Author Topic: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight  (Read 44355 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:40 PM »
Again a ' normal ' guy has NO advantage against a skilled trained fighter unless he has a gun and he knows how to use the gun

a normal guy hits a trained fighter it would just be a reaction to beat the guy senseless

a normal guy MIGHT have an advantage depending on how he reacts under pressure.

even mike tyson said he was scared when he was in a street fight. where as you would think he would be "comfortable"
Z

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
kimbo a piece crap ring fighter jacked guys in the street.

tyson...not mma...jacked mitch green at a club and clowned 3 guys near an elevator

guy i worked with got jacked in 10 sec in a match.

lets keep it GetReal!  pick a fight with a 12 yr old on a school yrd
It was at Dapper Dan's, Div. Let's not make a purse out of a sow's ear, eh?   ;D

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
a normal guy MIGHT have an advantage depending on how he reacts under pressure.

even mike tyson said he was scared when he was in a street fight. where as you would think he would be "comfortable"

everybody is afraid but not everyone knows how to sit/get leverage on the punches like these guys.  tyson destroyed 3 regular (6"0" - 200lbs or so) in a lobby, walked through 6'3"260 offseason pro mitch green...leaving him half uncon in a parking lot.  GETREAL!  
Oh...Monica!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »
most of kimbos fights wasnt street fights though, they were organized set up backyard fights which resembles mma he would be even more bad ass in a bar i bet
Z

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »
Well let's see someone who knows how to throw effective combinations, who can take you down at will, who knows how to hold you while he breaks your limb, who's reflexes have been trained to react to attacks vs someone who has none of that. I'd say the odds are stacked against the normal guy.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
everybody is afraid but not everyone knows how to sit/get leverage on the punches like these guys.  tyson destroyed 3 regular (6"0" - 200lbs or so) in a lobby, walked through 6'3"260 offseason pro mitch green...leaving him half uncon in a parking lot.  GETREAL!  

most mma guys cant punch for shit
theyll be waiting for the ref to come in and break up the clinch or try to take the fight to the ground where they will be kicked in the head by the buddies of the guy theyre trying to lock in an armbar  :D
Z

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
most of kimbos fights wasnt street fights though, they were organized set up backyard fights which resembles mma he would be even more bad ass in a bar i bet

They were striking only. Had absolutely nothing to do with MMA whatsoever.

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
board is full of f##kin millionaires, a$$kickers, toughest men on the planet types. i'm assuming guys on here could beat a 2 week hungry 500lb lion in a cage.  these pro/semi-pro mma types would kill you clowns.  same jacka$$e$ i've seen in ERs. 
Oh...Monica!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »
id beat most mma fighters on the street! but then again im not a normal guy! im a street fighter veteran!!
Z

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
id beat most mma fighters on the street! but then again im not a normal guy! im a street fighter veteran!!

No what you are is a board attention whore.

Hope that clears things up for you.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »

you would win an internet fight that for sure
T

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
no

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2008, 02:03:23 PM »
you would win an internet fight that for sure

ha ha

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »
Ok first off MMA is in no way indicative of what happens in a street fight.  Anyone that thinks that has never been in a real fight.  I would have no problem fighting an MMA guy in a street fight where I can eye gouge, bite, grab/kick/punch the groin, crack knees, etc.  You take away an MMA fighters ability to fight on the ground and you eliminate 50% of his efficacy.  Now put me in a ring with an MMA fighter with rules and I'd have my ass handed to me.  

The question if you really want to test an MMA's fighting ability is to put them in a street fight with someone 50lbs heavier than them and the tenacity to kill them.  I.e. a real life or death street situation.  

These MMA debates are bullshit.  And its obvious many on this board have no clue as to the difference between fighting and self defense.

But hey Bluto thinks being a soccer "hooligan" means you're a street fighter.  LMAO!  

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »
Ok first off MMA is in no way indicative of what happens in a street fight.  Anyone that thinks that has never been in a real fight.  I would have no problem fighting an MMA guy in a street fight where I can eye gouge, bite, grab/kick/punch the groin, crack knees, etc.  You take away an MMA fighters ability to fight on the ground and you eliminate 50% of his efficacy.  Now put me in a ring with an MMA fighter with rules and I'd have my ass handed to me.  

The question if you really want to test an MMA's fighting ability is to put them in a street fight with someone 50lbs heavier than them and the tenacity to kill them.  I.e. a real life or death street situation.  

These MMA debates are bullshit.  And its obvious many on this board have no clue as to the difference between fighting and self defense.

But hey Bluto thinks being a soccer "hooligan" means you're a street fighter.  LMAO!  

you pretty much repeat what i already said in this thread and so we're in agreement

what i dont get is the last part, why wouldnt a soccer hooligan be a street fighter?

if i fight on the street, im not a street fighter? then what am i?
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
board is full of f##kin millionaires, a$$kickers, toughest men on the planet types. i'm assuming guys on here could beat a 2 week hungry 500lb lion in a cage.  these pro/semi-pro mma types would kill you clowns.  same jacka$$e$ i've seen in ERs. 

Speak for yourself dipshit.  I'm well trained in Vee Arnis Jitsu with tutilage and study under Professor David James.  The last people on earth I'd be scared of is a BJ Penn or other MMA schmoe.  The person I'd be scared of is someone who will bash my head in with a bat trying to steal my clothes or wallet.  Again you're a moron who knows nothing about the street.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2008, 02:06:55 PM »
They would all respect me and Mars in the streets.

spinnis

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
No.

Why is this thread 3 pages? focking hell mate

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
No.

Why is this thread 3 pages? focking hell mate

Americans are uptight.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
you pretty much repeat what i already said in this thread and so we're in agreement

what i dont get is the last part, why wouldnt a soccer hooligan be a street fighter?

if i fight on the street, im not a street fighter? then what am i?

someone who lives exclusively on the internet

and would shit their pants if they left the house

never mind get in a fight
T

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »

odds are against you even if you are 50lbs heavier than silva.  he will get off faster than you, he wont be throwing the girlie winging punches and so forth.  fuck!  just go pic a fight with him or wand and show us the pictures.

guys on this board are the same jacks that end up in the ER after last call after talking s##t to the wrong cat after 1:00am.  i've got too many stories to tell.  

i'm 5'10"228 and afro descent, since you fools think we all got great natural physiques and all that nonsense..  i'd pass on these cats in a minute
Oh...Monica!

spinnis

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
Who are those two queers dancing on the beach?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »

and yet ive been gone all christmas, for over a week where as you spent every single day here posting

sounds like your describing yourself there!  :D
Z