Author Topic: happy birthday LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9092 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: happy birthday LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 06:49:27 AM »
Uh, whoops - all late with myself, Happy Belated.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »
Uh, whoops - all late with myself, Happy Belated.
Thanks CQ  :)
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:43 AM »
That it is my dear.   ;D

We are just under 11 weeks out.

I know I told you all that during my fierce battle with Sarcoidosis and Thyroid Cancer I gained a bunch of weight.  I'm not sure I'll be ready in time, but I'm definitely working hard (within reason of my health) to make it.  I just thought I would show you guys where I'm coming from.  Anyone who laughs or makes fun of this picture is just an asshole and not worthy of any comments.   >:(

No one will make fun of it here.  You are an inspiration Laura.  I'm so grateful you are feeling so much better!! :-*
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:10 AM »
No one will make fun of it here.  You are an inspiration Laura.  I'm so grateful you are feeling so much better!! :-*
Thanks Stella.  :)  I know no one here will.  I am referring to those who would copy the picture and then paste it elsewhere to poke fun of me.  That would really be low and not funny at all considering my health was failing.  I am doing much better, but had some unusual lab results on my blood tests.  My liver enzimes were high (I'm hoping it it because of the high dosages of prednisone, as that will come down when they wean me off the medication).  The doctor told me I could just have a fatty liver.  My cholesterol was very high also and the doctor said that could be hereditary, but I always had very healthy levels, so I don't know.  :-[  It's always something.  The doctor that told me all that was my endcrinologist (my primary doctor had ordered tests on top of the endo's so he got a full report).  He said my primary will discuss it all with me.  So, we shall see. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:02 AM »
Thanks Stella.  :)  I know no one here will.  I am referring to those who would copy the picture and then paste it elsewhere to poke fun of me.  That would really be low and not funny at all considering my health was failing.  I am doing much better, but had some unusual lab results on my blood tests.  My liver enzimes were high (I'm hoping it it because of the high dosages of prednisone, as that will come down when they wean me off the medication).  The doctor told me I could just have a fatty liver.  My cholesterol was very high also and the doctor said that could be hereditary, but I always had very healthy levels, so I don't know.  :-[  It's always something.  The doctor that told me all that was my endcrinologist (my primary doctor had ordered tests on top of the endo's so he got a full report).  He said my primary will discuss it all with me.  So, we shall see. 
Thanks for the update.  What a blessing to have such good docs  etc.  Do they have a target date of getting you completely off the prednisone?
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
   Fucking warrior! (look how far she has come already!/heart troubles operation/cancer/thyroid removed)
love this lady!!!!!

*excuse the bad photoshop i suck at it/just wanted to show how far Laura has come in such a short time frame

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
Thanks for the update.  What a blessing to have such good docs  etc.  Do they have a target date of getting you completely off the prednisone?
Not yet.  I was supposed to see the Pulmonologist this week, but when I went to have my CT Scan (of heart and lungs) and the Pulmonary Functions Test (test that shows the lung capacity and monitors heart) the PFT machine was broken and they were awaiting a part that isn't due until this week.  So it has to be rescheduled, which means I'll have to reschedule my doctor's appointment too.  :( So, I don't know yet.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 09:21:43 AM »
   Fucking warrior! (look how far she has come already!/heart troubles operation/cancer/thyroid removed)
love this lady!!!!!

*excuse the bad photoshop i suck at it/just wanted to show how far Laura has come in such a short time frame
Thanks sweetie!  I love you too!!!   :-*

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »
love this lady!!!!!

Holy shit Laura!!!!! Mikes post implies that the outer shots were you now, after battling the failing health during the middle (main) photo.
GREAT JOB!!!!! I'm not sure if I can do that with 100% health.
You ARE an inspiration for sure, to me. I'm off to the gym now, and I've got some heavy motivation to kick ass (not a pun!).
Keep up the phenomenal work Laura! :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

Holy shit Laura!!!!! Mikes post implies that the outer shots were you now, after battling the failing health during the middle (main) photo.
GREAT JOB!!!!! I'm not sure if I can do that with 100% health.
You ARE an inspiration for sure, to me. I'm off to the gym now, and I've got some heavy motivation to kick ass (not a pun!).
Keep up the phenomenal work Laura! :)
Thanks YoungBlood.  It is true.  The middle picture is from July and the outer pictures are from last week (bebe pants/green top picture) and almost 3 weeks ago (gray sweatpants/yellow top picture).  Total of over 20 lbs.  What makes it so difficult is the fact that I'm still on a good size daily dose of prednisone (which I take for the Sarcoidsis, that makes you gain weight and hold a lot of water) and the fact that my thyroid levels are still not in the normal range (my tsh should be 0.1 and I'm still at 8 which leaves me in a hypothyroid state...that also makes you gain weight).  So I am fighting an uphill battle ... and still winning.  :D

This series of pics is from a few nights ago as well.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
love this lady!!!!!

she's quite a woman Mike, you're a lucky guy.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »
she's quite a woman Mike, you're a lucky guy.
  thanks Dave!

Luckily i figured that out awhile ago..................... ..... ;)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »

Shhh, don't tell Mike, but I think I'm going to rub me one out a la Karl Kox!

You're truly an inspiration to me Laura. Fucking hot and an inspiration in LIFE!!!! I've been following your story for a number of years, since you used to be Cherri Lane and all.
You've come a long way, and just keep getting better, no matter the situation you come face to face with.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday!

You look great in both photos! Remember looking good is great but being healthy is most important. You look beautiful with or without 20 lbs!
M

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »
Feliz cumpleaņos!!!
S

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »
Birthday Spanks all around. 

Fine Mike, you first  ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
UPDATE on Laura :(
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »
Well, there is a good chance I won't be doing the show.  I got my bloodwork results back and they don't look good.

Doc says that my kidneys are working poorly.  The normal set of kidneys filter about 125ml per hour (I think he said hour) and a person with only 1 kidney at about 60ml.  Mine are filtering only about 47ml (so according to the tests, I'm in kidney failure).

He also said my liver enzymes were very high.  I also had a cholesterol of 214 (last year it was 50-something).  He also mentioned that my lympho sites were bad (were at a level of someone with lukemia, lymphoma or bone marrow cancer).

Anyway, he said he was concerned but not as concerned as he would be if he didn't know me.  He said that not only could the steroids I'm on (Prednisone) effect these numbers, but also the fact that I am training for the show.  He explained that my pre-contest training and the fact that I have a lot of muscle for a girl my size could/would warp the numbers and dieting didn't help.  Due to all the added protein (high protein, low carb diet and protein shakes) my body is creating way too much creatine.  He said I have to change my diet, have to balance it all out.  I also have to start drinking more water (I'm not a big drinker of water, lol).  And I'm also now on (added to my many other medications) cranberry extract, milk thistle, vitamin c (in conjunction to my multi-vitamin), b-12, and iron.

I have to go see a Nephrologist (kidney doctor) as well.  Another series of blood tests are scheduled in 4-6 weeks. 

Hopefully the labs will come back normal and these abnormalities can be written off to the pre-contest prep.  :(

Until then I am going to keep on keeping on.  I'll change the diet as directed but maintain healthy eating and exercise.  I will still work towards that show, but if I'm not...there will always be another show.   :)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »
think positive sweetie, seriously i hope things work out, change that diet up and listen to your doc's they know what they're talking about.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 09:21:58 AM »
That stinks Laura.   :(   But you have the right attitude and will continue with your goals just modifying them so you can be healthy!  :D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »
x2
x2

Love you dweetir
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
Thank you everyone!  I am staying positive and hopeful.  It sure beats the alternative.   :)

Love you too dweetirs!!!  :-*

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
Thank you everyone!  I am staying positive and hopeful.  It sure beats the alternative.   :)

Love you too dweetirs!!!  :-*
YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE!!!  ;)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
Laura, have you ever had pre-existing kidney issues/problems prior to this?
I'm sure there are exception and so forth, but usually it's only people with pre-existing problems that have any problem with higher protein intake.
The pre-contest training I could understand maybe warping the numbers, but also on the other side of the coin, to me that would be when you're at your healthiest. Doing all the cardio, intense lifting (while creating more byproducts, it's still good for the body in certain aspects), and eating healthier and not choosing McD's over BK and having the extra fries instead of salad etc....
I hope you figure this all out, and you persevere as your usual self! :-*

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »
Laura, have you ever had pre-existing kidney issues/problems prior to this?
I'm sure there are exception and so forth, but usually it's only people with pre-existing problems that have any problem with higher protein intake.
The pre-contest training I could understand maybe warping the numbers, but also on the other side of the coin, to me that would be when you're at your healthiest. Doing all the cardio, intense lifting (while creating more byproducts, it's still good for the body in certain aspects), and eating healthier and not choosing McD's over BK and having the extra fries instead of salad etc....
I hope you figure this all out, and you persevere as your usual self! :-*
No, I have never had any kidney problems before.  I have never had heart problems, lung problems or liver problems.  I have had thyroid problems starting a little over 4 years ago.

In my case with my liver & kidneys, the prednisone is playing a big part.  I have been on really high doses of prednisone (an oral steriod) for almost a full year, which is pretty harsh for organs that filter (kidneys and liver).  The fact that I don't drink much water, which is bad.  And the dieting (high protein, low carbs - I wasn't even taking much fiberous carbs/roughage in) as well as the heavy training is making my body create and hold too much creatine which is also hard on those organs. 

I'm sure that with the change of diet (drinking more water, balancing protein and carbs) with the added supplements (cranberry, milk thistle, b-12, C and iron) my levels will improve.  And once I see the pulmonologist and get the okay to start tapering off the prednisone...the levels will continue to improve.  :)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »
Happy (much belated) B'day

so you might have had time to have two by the time I posted this  :-[
Just Bad Bad Blood!