Author Topic: Is your job safe if Mike Shanahan can be fired?  (Read 743 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Is your job safe if Mike Shanahan can be fired?
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:50 AM »

Discuss.

Personally, I'm self-employed, so I'm not going anywhere....yet.  ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Is your job safe if Mike Shanahan can be fired?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:04:52 AM »
it was time for him to go. IMO he was coasting on his reputation the past few years. Horrible draft picks, late season collapses, and terrible defenses.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:18:05 AM »
Discuss.

Personally, I'm self-employed, so I'm not going anywhere....yet.  ;)

you make that much off of that site.  i guess $9.95 mthly you can get a couple hundred members.  anyway...he gets to leave colorado with $20M more to come.  i'll be right behind.   
Oh...Monica!

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »
it was time for him to go. IMO he was coasting on his reputation the past few years. Horrible draft picks, late season collapses, and terrible defenses.

You never really know what you are going to get in a draft pick. Hopefully you get a few that are upstanding citizens, then from time to time you get a Pacman Jones type player and just basically shit's in the punch bowl in the the locker room and all hell breaks loose.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »
you make that much off of that site.  i guess $9.95 mthly you can get a couple hundred members.  anyway...he gets to leave colorado with $20M more to come.  i'll be right behind.   

I earn a living from my websites, yes. 

I'm a long way from $20 million, though! 

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »
I earn a living from my websites, yes. 

I'm a long way from $20 million, though! 

cool on the site.  when you get dina...i'll sign up 1st class schmoe.  think mike wanted out to go to dallas.  how this one plays out?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-shanahan123008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mmediately before Mike Shanahan turned the Denver Broncos into back-to-back Super Bowl champions in the late 1990s and then proceeded to spend 14 years nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Broncos were coached by a laid-back, good-natured man who had made his reputation as a strong defensive coordinator.

Once again, Wade Phillips should be worried.

With Shanahan hitting the streets Tuesday after Broncos owner Pat Bowlen fired him, you have to think that the ears of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones perked up more than the year he had plastic surgery.

Word around the NFL is that Shanahan will have another job soon and might have set up something before Bowlen dropped the axe. The Rocky Mountain News reported that Shanahan forced Bowlen’s hand by refusing to fire defensive coordinator Bob Slowik.

It’s odd given that Shanahan has treated defensive coordinators like Kleenex in recent years (three in the past three seasons) and lends credence to the notion that Shanahan has another option.

Meanwhile, Jones has told anyone who will listen that he’s not changing coaches. He has said it more than once, including before the end of the season and again after it. Furthermore, neither of the other high-priced coaches on the market, Bill Cowher and Mike Holmgren, fit for Jones and the Cowboys.

But it doesn’t take long to realize that Shanahan is a perfect fit for what ails the football team from the other D city that celebrates the ranching life.

Oh...Monica!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:43:20 PM »
shanahan is an asshole plain and simple i have no respect for a guy dissing his quarterback after he retires {john elway} after winning two superbowls, he came out and said it was his system that did it any quarter back could win with his system.
F

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
shanahan is an asshole plain and simple i have no respect for a guy dissing his quarterback after he retires {john elway} after winning two superbowls, he came out and said it was his system that did it any quarter back could win with his system.

i'd have to agree with him, hate the donkeys, glad he is going, am right behind him.  thanks.   
Oh...Monica!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
the guy hasn't won shit in 10 years

his firing should be no surprise, it's surprising he lasted as long as he did

E
E

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »
i'd have to agree with him, hate the donkeys, glad he is going, am right behind him.  thanks.   

Elway had way to many 2 minute drives that only a couple quarterbacks to ever play the game could have done...