Author Topic: where do bodybuilders buy suits?  (Read 5414 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: where do bodybuilders buy suits?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »
I have one suit that I had custom made, cost me $600 for the jacket and pants. Three dress shirts custom made $195 each. They will last me the rest of my miserable existence so I don't really think that is a lot of money.

What kind of shirts? Ascot Chang?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 07:10:21 PM »
"Where'd you buy those suits....at the...toilet store"
No doubt about it...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »
My jacket size is 60.

You are an exception then, but all these guys claiming they can't be fitted by an ordinary tailor or store selling suits and other formal clothing surprise me. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
You are an exception then, but all these guys claiming they can't be fitted by an ordinary tailor or store selling suits and other formal clothing surprise me. 

Oh shit, everyone can find clothes...I agree with that.  I shop at Big and Tall mostly and everything is too long on me, but it still fits fine.   The size 60 jacket fits good in the shoulders, back and arms....the waist is enormous and I normally have to move a button over so it'll fit better.  No, I can't find jackets and shirts at the GAP or Abercrombie....sure those stores are designed for me.   There are plenty of tailors and Big and Tall that can accomodate everyone.   These stores can fit massive men whose proportions are far more exaggerated than a bodybuilder.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »

It's hard for me to find a shirt that fits well.  I need "slim fit" shirts to suit my waist but they're sometimes too tight on the shoulders and back (never the chest tho).  

The current "style" is short sleeved shirts that are tight on the arms.  I look fucking ridiculous in these things.  They're cut to be tight on 12" arms.  I'm 36 ffs & just want something smart-casual and stylish that doesn't make me look like a middleaged guido.  I'm finally beginning to understand why women get excited about going to New York for shopping - because you can't find shit in Perth!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
If you are in the New York Area, then go the 'Century 21', which is a retail slothing store that sells all sizes and top brand to boot. Will find Italian designers there for a a very agreeable price.

Bought a Basile Alligator belt for $17 bucks. Can't beat that. Hugo Boss shirt for $30.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
If you are in the New York Area, then go the 'Century 21', which is a retail slothing store that sells all sizes and top brand to boot. Will find Italian designers there for a a very agreeable price.

Bought a Basile Alligator belt for $17 bucks. Can't beat that. Hugo Boss shirt for $30.

Just paid Aus$200 each for some shirts (although a cheap shirt is like Aus$70, so all pretty expensive here).  Going to the US in June, Boston & North Carolina.  Hopefully get a better exchange rate by then.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
What kind of shirts? Ascot Chang?

No they were custom made so I don't think that they are any brand i would have to look. My suit has my name on the inside that says made for or something like that. I remember them taking a ton of different measurements. I believe the jacket is a size 56.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »
When is somebody gonna tell these roided clowns that 'the suit' is made for the lean and athletic man....a healthy natural if you will.

A Pro in a suit= fat, rotund hideous bowling ball.....the public just laugh and mock these insecure drug f*ck tards

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
When is somebody gonna tell these roided clowns that 'the suit' is made for the lean and athletic man....a healthy natural if you will.

A Pro in a suit= fat, rotund hideous bowling ball.....the public just laugh and mock these insecure drug f*ck tards

Not true.  The modern suit has developed to present a poor/average male physique in a favorable way.  Suits are not made with athletic builds in mind.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »
My waist is around 32 though i wear 34" trousers.

Chest is 50"

Shoulders i think are 58", 22" wide

I can find clothes that fit and look ok. Though my shirts always flare out at the waist

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
My waist is around 32 though i wear 34" trousers.

Chest is 50"

Shoulders i think are 58", 22" wide

I can find clothes that fit and look ok. Though my shirts always flare out at the waist

lol same here It happens when you have big shoulders and back compared with a 32 inch waist  :(

Thought about wearing braces but don't want to look like something out of a 1940's movie  :-X

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:47 AM »
hmm...some big guys here..

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Honestly, you wont need past SIZE 48 jacket unless you are Andre the Giant or something.
not true at all

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »
lol same here It happens when you have big shoulders and back compared with a 32 inch waist  :(

Thought about wearing braces but don't want to look like something out of a 1940's movie  :-X

Ha ha maybe im a twat but to me thats kinda cool.

Im a bit old school that way. Saying that once i was slagged i would probaly bin them LOL

My dad wears an old mans cap and has been wearing one for 40years according to my mum lol

Shirt fits fine other than waist here