Author Topic: White: Antonio Nogueira recovering from Staph infection heading into UFC 92  (Read 1172 times)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Now we know why Nogueira didn't do well.

“Nogueira had some other problems too going into [UFC 92]. Nogueira had just gotten over a Staph infection and he had some other problems but when they fought in PRIDE, PRIDE put on such freak shows, guys fighting out of their weight class, things like that. That’s why I’m so against it. That’s how you ruin guys early. If you’re a professional athlete, time is not good to you. Time catches us all.”

UFC President Dana White comments on the history of fighters like Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Wanderlei Silva and the toll their days in PRIDE may have taken on both their bodies and careers. He also indicates that “Big Nog” was more than likely less than 100 percent for his fight against Frank Mir — a lopsided affair that saw Nogueira finished for the first time ever in his career.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all smell like shit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
He got his ass kicked by a better fighter, I hate excuses.
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Why would Dana White make excuses?

Geo

• Getbig IV
Why would Dana White make excuses?

because those are 2 of his money makers that he (potentially) plans on headlining future cards

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
because those are 2 of his money makers that he (potentially) plans on headlining future cards

I don't think so.

Nog doesn't have too many fights left in him. Dana knows that.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it  really doesnt sound like dana is making to much excuses,hes basiclly saying that when nog and wandy fought in pride they sometimes fought guys 100lbs heavier then them and it took its toll.if anything hes saying nog and wandy are kinda washed up.danas just saying he didnt agree with the way pride did those freak shows.the staph infection about nog could be true,lets be real here guys,weve never seen nog look so bad and mir look so good before in a fight.i kept thinking to myself during that fight that nog doesnt look right,im pretty sure everyone would agree with me that fedor hits harder then mir,nog took everything fedor had that fight and still was fine,mir hits him with afew arm shots and they stop the fight.nog was still in good position and was ready in guard position.mir looked liked he was in sparring practice with a chump,when has mir ever looked that good standing?mir always seems to get beat in the stand up as far back as i can remember and nog always does well.dont get me wrong i like mir and think his ground game is awesome but that fight just didnt look right,ill bet if they fought again nog wouldnt look that bad.and to top it off i was rooting for mir,it aint like im pissed cause nog lost,im happy with the outcome but im not happy with the way nog fought,that wasnt the nog we are used to seeing.dana usually calls it like it is,ive never really thought of him as a guy who makes to many excuses.i guess well just have to wait and see nog and wandy fight decent opposition again and see where they stand in the fight game,i still think they have afew good wars left in them.
R

spinnis

it  really doesnt sound like dana is making to much excuses,hes basiclly saying that when nog and wandy fought in pride they sometimes fought guys 100lbs heavier then them and it took its toll.

And now that dont have the roids to recover Alot faster.

Hence why they are so bad in ufc.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And now that dont have the roids to recover Alot faster.

Hence why they are so bad in ufc.

i know for a fact wandy was on the juice,but big nog im not 100% sure but i have my suspicians.in pride it was do what your opponants doing or lose,im not saying everybody juiced but some of the guys did.pride didnt care who juiced and who didnt,but if you look at wandys build in pride compared to the ufc its telling,wandy admitted to his steroid use already afew years back in a full contact fighter interview
R