Author Topic: Steak!  (Read 3316 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Steak!
« on: January 02, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
Is it importnant to eat steak at least twice a week to help bulk and strength as i cant afford it!

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Re: Steak!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
No, you can eat ground beef, same amino profile, higher bioavailability, and cheaper

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
i like ground beef lot more
w

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
me too i use it to make chili and burgers

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
high in arachidonic acid

Biggest secret in the bodybuilding community

All the way big gains

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »
No, you can eat ground beef, same amino profile, higher bioavailability, and cheaper

BULLSHIT!

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »
BULLSHIT!

Actually, I just wanted to say BULLSHIT!

He's probably right.  8)
S

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »
FUck no, ground beef is SHIT compared to STEAK, in the annals of bbing/strength/power lifting NOTHING is on the level of..... STEAK!!!!!.

you can get a good half-pound quality cut of steak for like 6 bucks, if you cant afford that 2-3 times a week you need to readjust your priorities.

ground beef is near the bottom of the barrel for meat quality, its all fat and will add fat to you and doesnt have even nearly th manly quality that STEAK does.

there is a reason why STEAK is legendary.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »
beef actually isnt such an ideal source of protein. it is ideal for arachidonic acid, as someone mentioned, however you really need a whole lot more AA than what is contained in even a couple poounds of red meat, they sell it concentrated if you want to use it. william lewellyn makes it.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
beef actually isnt such an ideal source of protein. it is ideal for arachidonic acid, as someone mentioned, however you really need a whole lot more AA than what is contained in even a couple poounds of red meat, they sell it concentrated if you want to use it. william lewellyn makes it.

nerd ;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »

bullshit, if choosing a final meal before bed ater a tough workout there is NOTHING like STEAK. it has the animal protein, and lots of animal saturated fats and cholesterol which increase your natural test spike as you enter sleep for the night. when you wake up in the morning after doing a workout and eating a BIG BLOODY STEAK, you will actually notice the improvement.

for all othe meals i recommend Salmon and Pasta.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
Is it importnant to eat steak at least twice a week to help bulk and strength as i cant afford it!
go to Sam's or Costco and buy Top Round, 3-4 pound package for 13-14 bucks, very affordable.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »
FUck no, ground beef is SHIT compared to STEAK, in the annals of bbing/strength/power lifting NOTHING is on the level of..... STEAK!!!!!.

you can get a good half-pound quality cut of steak for like 6 bucks, if you cant afford that 2-3 times a week you need to readjust your priorities.

ground beef is near the bottom of the barrel for meat quality, its all fat and will add fat to you and doesnt have even nearly th manly quality that STEAK does.

there is a reason why STEAK is legendary.
not really dude, all ground beef is is steak thrown into a meat grinder, especially ground sirloin, nothing wrong with ground beef at all.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »
i get my beef from a local fast food value menu.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
i get my beef from a local fast food value menu.
exactly, and you're as muscular and ripped as anyone on here, beef is beef, all these clowns arguing about which is better quality are jackasses, eat burgers, steak, roasts, fast food burgers, it's all the same.

io856

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »
hahaha

as if beef is expensive  ::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »
hahaha

as if beef is expensive  ::)
it's really not, eye of round, top round and sometimes even sirloin is almost the same price pound for pound as chicken breasts.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
not really dude, all ground beef is is steak thrown into a meat grinder, especially ground sirloin, nothing wrong with ground beef at all.

i dont know man, i used to eat ground beef all the time as it was cheap, it seemed to add lots of fat, when i switched to good steak cuts cooked medium or bloodier, it seems to have much greater anabolic qualities.
steak is a little more costly but tastes better and imo is superior in quality. new york strips

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »
Some cuts are more expensive but that's a matter of taste.
You can tell your butcher what cuts he should grind, no problem.
Even most supermarkets do it if you ask.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »
i dont know man, i used to eat ground beef all the time as it was cheap, it seemed to add lots of fat, when i switched to good steak cuts cooked medium or less, it seems to have much greater anabolic qualities.
steak is a little more costly but tastes better and imo is superior in quality. new york strips

i don't know man, i think a lot of that is placebo effect, in your mind you're telling yourself that steak has to be better so you believe it, honestly there's not much difference, in some ways ground beef can be better if you're a hardgainer.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
also with ground beef they generally use poor quality cuts, and all the fat gets fed through there as well.
with STEAK, you can pick a real quality cut, then after its ready you can cut off the excessive pure fat sections.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
i don't know man, i think a lot of that is placebo effect, in your mind you're telling yourself that steak has to be better so you believe it, honestly there's not much difference, in some ways ground beef can be better if you're a hardgainer.

maybe it is mostly placebo effect. but in any case theres nothing like cutting into a nice bloody STEAK with garlic mashed potatoes, ground beef cant compare  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
also with ground beef they generally use poor quality cuts, and all the fat gets fed through there as well.
with STEAK, you can pick a real quality cut, then after its ready you can cut off the excessive pure fat sections.

Not necessarily, you can tell them which cuts you would like, I usually go for flank steak.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »
the amount of fat is listed on most beef you buy at the grocery store

tymac63

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
  What about deer meat ground?  I eat alot of it