Author Topic: bodybuilding vs. olympic weightlifting  (Read 15233 times)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
bodybuilding vs. olympic weightlifting
« on: January 02, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
lol, i almost spat out my hydroxymaze ionized protein drink ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: bodybuilding vs. olympic weightlifting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:29:25 PM »
lol, i almost spat out my hydroxymaze ionized protein drink ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
More money in bb'ing.....
No doubt about it...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
ya putting a weight over your head is pure alpha ::).. im sure the girls come running when they find out a guys overhead press max..

bodybuilding is only gay for a few days of the year when your on stage. the rest of the time its more then any of these 'weighlifters'' could even attempt..

io856

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »
we all respect the olympic weightlifters...

but wayyy more 16-25yr old males are interested in bicep curls, bench press and tricep pushdowns than those complex movements

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »
How good of a full body exercise is that lift?

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »
actually... i think bodybuilders make more money than weight lifters given their endorsments, contest, guest posing, apperances etc??

Weightlifters just do those two lifts... and thats it right?? I might be a bit bias... but i would prefer to look like the average IFBB pro than a olympic weightlifter

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
actually... i think bodybuilders make more money than weight lifters given their endorsments, contest, guest posing, apperance etc??

Weightlifters just do those two lifts... and thats it right?? I might be a bit bias... but i would prefer to look like the average IFBB pro than a olympic weightlifter

Yes, bb'ers make more money and i too would rather look like a pro bb'er than a champion weightlifter.
No doubt about it...

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »
I have alot of respect for weightlifting, even though I myself would never go into this anus-ripping sport that permanently damages your spine and gives one multiple hernias.

A-a-and....If one is to juice, then rather look great while at it than look like shit ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »
Here is an easy question for the true lifters and historians.  Who is the most recognized weightlifter who has won both major Bodybuilding titles and Olympic Gold.  And yes he is a friend of mine.  Quaker you can't answer cause I am sure you know

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 11:22:57 PM »
Here is an easy question for the true lifters and historians.  Who is the most recognized weightlifter who has won both major Bodybuilding titles and Olympic Gold.  And yes he is a friend of mine.  Quaker you can't answer cause I am sure you know

Tommy Kono.
No doubt about it...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »

Richard Nixon
G

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 11:35:47 PM »
Tommy Kono.

Damm it I knew it was to easy

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
Here is an easy question for the true lifters and historians.  Who is the most recognized weightlifter

You got to be fcuking kidding me.

How is Tommy Kono more recognized than Naim Suleymanoglü?

Or better, Alexeiev? ::)

Don't try to compare your little Hawaiian friend to David Rigert, Suleymanoglü or eg Pyrros Dimas.

I would bet you anything that if your little buddy would take a walk in any random city in the USA nobody would know who he was.

Dimas doing the same thing in Greece?

Suleymanoglü in Turkey?

They'd be crowded with fans.

Not to mention Rezazadeh, who's already a legend.

No offence big guy, but when it comes to Tommy Kono, you are always full of shit. 8)

What was it last time - he was ranked as the greatest olympic weightlifter of all times? ::)

As empty as paradise

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 11:44:31 PM »

Don't try to compare your little Hawaiian friend to David Rigert, Suleymanoglü or eg Pyrros Dimas.

I would bet you anything that if your little buddy would take a walk in any random city in the USA nobody would know who he was.

Suleymanoglü in Turkey?

No offence big guy, but when it comes to Tommy Kono, you are always full of shit. 8)

What was it last time - he was ranked as the greatest olympic weightlifter of all times? ::)

Calm down big guy, he said most recognised as in guys who have been both champion bb'ers AND olympic lifters.
No doubt about it...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »

Suleymanoglü in Turkey?

Get your shit straight.  Tommy Kono is recognized as the Weightlifter of the Century and I promise you has won more awards recognizing him as this than all those guys you mentioned put together.  Your ignorance is starting off the new year pretty high you fucking moron

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 11:46:57 PM »

Suleymanoglü in Turkey?

Show some respect, Goddammit! Onlyme once sat next to Jonsey from Police Academy at a charity event.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »
Get your shit straight.  Tommy Kono is recognized as the Weightlifter of the Century and I promise you has won more awards recognizing him as this than all those guys you mentioned put together.  Your ignorance is starting off the new year pretty high you fucking moron

I guess you probably haven't even heard of any of those "no-name" lifters then? ::)

As empty as paradise

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 12:48:37 AM »
I guess you probably haven't even heard of any of those "no-name" lifters then? ::)

A couple I have.  But the fact is Tommy was named Weightlifter of the Century by Sports Illustrated (Arnold was there along with many others) and has been named to just about every Hall of Fame relating to Weightlifting in the World. And he was a champion Bodybuilder.  I am pretty sure NO one of the guys you mentioned has ever had his name in the same sentence with bodybuilder.  Great Olympic lifters yes, but I said bodybuilder and weightlifter.  Hedge did you finish school or were you home-schooled which would explain your lack of comprehension.  Your lack of knowledge or facts is pitiful.  Stick to moving threads.  You suck at that too, but at least we are used to it.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
A couple I have.  But the fact is Tommy was named Weightlifter of the Century by Sports Illustrated (Arnold was there along with many others) and has been named to just about every Hall of Fame relating to Weightlifting in the World. And he was a champion Bodybuilder.  I am pretty sure NO one of the guys you mentioned has ever had his name in the same sentence with bodybuilder.  Great Olympic lifters yes, but I said bodybuilder and weightlifter.  Hedge did you finish school or were you home-schooled which would explain your lack of comprehension.  Your lack of knowledge or facts is pitiful.  Stick to moving threads.  You suck at that too, but at least we are used to it.

There are many Weightlifting hall of fames?

What makes you think either Suleymanoglü, Rigert or Dimas (three guys that competed in limited weightclasses) would want to compete in bodybuilding?

What makes you think that they're not making more money in Olympic weightlifting, even after their careers as lifters?

As empty as paradise

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 02:59:36 AM »

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 03:35:29 AM »
I never cease to be amazed by weightlifters' raw brute strength. The Olympics this year was excellent and I could never lift in a million years what these guys at a similar bodyweight to mine can do.

However, I'd rather look like a bodybuilder any day.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 07:38:44 AM »
I never cease to be amazed by weightlifters' raw brute strength. The Olympics this year was excellent and I could never lift in a million years what these guys at a similar bodyweight to mine can do.

However, I'd rather look like a bodybuilder any day.

Ahem....  ;D

Still,I think some of them have pretty solid physiques....

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 07:47:18 AM »

Vasily Alexeyev, David Rigert, Naim Suleymanoglu, Dimas, Khakiasvhilis, Pisarenko, Yurik Vardanyan, Mutlu, etc. etc etc.

None of these guys are bodybuilders though.  ;D

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 07:49:24 AM »

Shows what a tank pisarenko was.