Author Topic: GNC  (Read 6652 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
GNC
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »
I walked into GNC to kill some time while my wife did some shopping. I would really like to know how they stay in business??

Lipo 6 for $75.99 where I just picked up the same thing from Vitamin Shoppe for $51.99

Isopure 3lb tub for $68.99 everywhere else $33-$37

I know they offer their "Gold Card" but cmon now

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: GNC
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:48 AM »
I'm suprised with all the supp websites how any of those stores stick around, The only reason i could see going to one is if you're one of those mega osessive types who need a 45.484847 gram shake but are all out of powder.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »
Convenience.  You can get your supps now rather that a week later.  If I need like one thing real bad I will go to GNC but for large orders I always order off the net, much cheaper. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
Convenience.  You can get your supps now rather that a week later.  If I need like one thing real bad I will go to GNC but for large orders I always order off the net, much cheaper. 

Plus, unlike the online stores, you can go to GNC and get the products, when they're marked down for clearance. To top it all off, if you have a Gold Card, you get 20% off that marked-down price.

I remember getting a bunch of IsoPure RTDs, marked down to $0.99 each. With the Gold Card, the price dropped even more to $0.80. Of course, my favorite time cleaning up at GNC is when they were marking down the 7-lb jugs of CELL-TECH to $20.

Waiting until they get reduced for clearance is usually how I end up trying MuscleTech products. That's how I tried out: ThermoGain, ThermoShred, Gakic (powder, now discontinued), Nitro-Tech (still get the bars and RTDs, when they're on sale), NaNO Vapor, Hydroxycut Hardcore, just to name a few.

newmom

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
thanks little guns..I need somemore Lipo 6x..great heads up

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »
Vitamin Shoppe is good because they do have some good sales now and again and their rewards program is top notch.  I should be getting mine in the mail sometime soon here.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »

Sometimes the stores dont reflect what is on the web. Just tell them it is on the web for X price and they will match it!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 04:40:28 PM »
Sometimes the stores dont reflect what is on the web. Just tell them it is on the web for X price and they will match it!

Some places will match + 5%.
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
alot of the franchised stores will try and sale products they dont have to buy directly from GNC. I worked at a GNC for a while and the profit margin on some of the products not bought directly from GNC was ridiculous, im talking 500 to 1000% mark up. Their profit margin for products that are bought from GNC is horrible though so i really dont know how they make it. In houston there are so many supplement stores you would have to be stupid to go to GNC there are 4 within 3 min drive from my gym.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 06:45:53 AM »
Vitamin Shoppe is good because they do have some good sales now and again and their rewards program is top notch.  I should be getting mine in the mail sometime soon here.

I'm getting mine, too. I just got mine over 1000 point on New Year's Eve, which gets me a $50 coupon/gift certificate.

The sales at Vitamin Shoppe are good, indeed. In addition to the clearance tables they have, they also do a "Buy One; Get One 50% off" sale on all Vitamin Shoppe products, usually in April and September. I like the Bodytech products (Vitamin Shoppe's sports nutrition line). Many of their products compare favorably with their name-brand counterparts.

The online shop is nice, too, free shipping for all orders at least $99. And the Super Saver Shipping is only $3 for orders under $99. That's a big thing to me, because some sites claim to have low price. But, any savings on the products themselves is negated by high shipping prices. Plus, for all the military folks, Vitamin Shoppe delivers to FPO/APO addresses with the same shipping prices as those in the US.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »
I walked into GNC to kill some time while my wife did some shopping. I would really like to know how they stay in business??

Lipo 6 for $75.99 where I just picked up the same thing from Vitamin Shoppe for $51.99

I stopped in a GNC today for an RTD after my w/o. Looked around at some of the prices, RIDICULOUS!
I am a big baby

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »
I'm suprised with all the supp websites how any of those stores stick around, The only reason i could see going to one is if you're one of those mega osessive types who need a 45.484847 gram shake but are all out of powder.

Again, some of these sites don't really offer any savings. Their shipping prices make up for any "discounts" on the supplements themselves. That's not true of Vitamin Shoppe, however.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »
I stopped in a GNC today for an RTD after my w/o. Looked around at some of the prices, RIDICULOUS!

That is what GNC is for. I only go to a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe if i am going to the movies and wanna couple of protein bars. Two protein bars will run you $5 and you can take them into the threader instead of eating some expensive ass junk food that will costs you $10. Put them in your girls purse or in your pockets or if you are just running late and need some protein. I have only seen one good deal at a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe but other than that, massnutrution.com.
D

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »
That is what GNC is for. I only go to a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe if i am going to the movies and wanna couple of protein bars. Two protein bars will run you $5 and you can take them into the threader instead of eating some expensive ass junk food that will costs you $10. Put them in your girls purse or in your pockets or if you are just running late and need some protein. I have only seen one good deal at a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe but other than that, massnutrution.com.
I use www.dpsnutrition.com
I am a big baby

newmom

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »
thanks for the heads up elite lifter. the lipo 6x is cheaper than the vitamin shoppe by a 5 bucks but none the less it is cheaper..to bad they just shipped it to me from vitamin shoppe

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

Is Lipo6X any good???

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
print off the pages from the web sites and most GNC will match the price but add $5 which is no more than shipping would have been. Sounds good to me nothing wrong with GNC.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »
One positive about Milwaukee is that they have an awesome supplement store that will match prices with ANY website price.  (I think they're website is supplementwarehouse.com, but not sure).  I always have them match dpsnutrition.  They have a really good selection of supps as well.  I just make the drive up there, but I agree with you.  For the people that have to order their supps, it still beats overpaying at GNC.

newmom

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »
Is Lipo6X any good???

Yes...I really like it..It definately helped during the holidays when I ate whatever I wanted. I weighed in at weight watchers on Dec 4 at 128 pounds and weighed in yesterday at 131 pounds. So considering it is that time of month and I ate what I wanted for a month..no not everyday but at least 4 days out of the week, it seemed to help so I did not gain any weight

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:00:03 AM »
One positive about Milwaukee is that they have an awesome supplement store that will match prices with ANY website price.  (I think they're website is supplementwarehouse.com, but not sure).  I always have them match dpsnutrition.  They have a really good selection of supps as well.  I just make the drive up there, but I agree with you.  For the people that have to order their supps, it still beats overpaying at GNC.

I don't overpay at GNC, at least not at the ones in Florida. There are a couple of malls where they always have marked-down goodies, usually RTDs. But the last product I got from them was MRI's N30.

Basically, it's like MuscleTech's Gakic, used to reduced fatigue toxins and help you bang out extra sets and reps. I got a month's worth for $11 and change. Normally, it goes for $50. However, like Gakic, I think part of the reason I got it so cheap is because I got the powder instead of the pills.

Like the now-discontinued Gakic powder, the N30 powder tastes absolutely VILE!! But, it works about the same.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »
Rite -Aid is just as bad as GNC..big time mark-ups on supps...HALO costs almost $70.00...Nitro-tech.....7lbs...almost the same...they're nuts!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
however I have to admit that if you go to GNC when they have stuff thats getting ready to expire within two or three months that you can get some awesome bargains...got a 7lb big can of Cell-tech for $20 and the manager gave me another for $10.....got a can of Isopure pineapple/orange for $20...and he gave me 30% off a huge cannister of Gaspari's Myofusion and I got it for $42..nice Haul for under $100....I usually do not use supps anymore but I figured what the hell?..for those prices I felt like I was getting over on Muscle-Tech and their over-priced supps

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
stopped in today to get some casein and they wanted $44 for 2lb's from ON.  Going to a supplement warehouse where they have the 5lb for $35.  It's crazy what they charge at GNC.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

because of clowns like the guy i saw in there the other day

"i need some creatine. what's the best stuff? is this stuff good? is it expensive? i want the good stuff. what's the most expensive stuff in there?"

so the clerk walked him over the muscletech area and the guy just started grabbing things.

i was thinking 'are you f*@$ing kidding me?'
Go Big Red!!!

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »
GNC now has RTD Pro Nos for like $2.30, I stocked up on those sum bitches